💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

James Gunn FIRED By Disney Marvel

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Reality
1 minute ago, sarahb said:

Oh 10,000 tweets really were deleted, but a lot of those were probably harmless. It's likely that 10,000 were removed because it was easier to just remove a huge block of tweets than go through and delete every single controversial one.

Perhaps, I don't know, however, if you gotta delete 10,000 tweets, that goes to show how many terrible things he really said. 

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectGUY

First of all, Disney knew about this since James Gunn already went through public apologies.
Just because those didn't blow up, Disney didn't find the need to fire him.
So for me it's very hypocritical to fire him because there's less tolerance now than 3 years ago.

Also, you guys keep reminding that 10.000 tweets were deleted, but actually it has been revealed that he chose to delete all the tweets from 2008-2013

→ the bad jokes 'only' make up for 12 tweets considering the receipts

Now, yes those jokes are bad BUT :

- they're not acts, but jokes

- and he made it very clear that he was truly sorry and don't mean them

Guardians Of The Galaxy is his baby and he's the best director of the MCU.

When he first directed those movies, those jokes were already made and nothing happened so this might be proof that he has behaved well.

I really don't get the hype for Taika Watiti who I feel is unlikable and furthermore I disliked Thor Ragnarok (lame humour compared to the Guardians)

In the end I just feel that we're taking everything too far ! Of course I'm all in to make sure companies work with decent people and that bad people are getting punished for what they do.
But it's not by pointing out 10 years old tweets to someone who clearly isn't a dangerous man that we should sort things out...

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

I really don't get the hype for Taika Watiti who I feel is unlikable and furthermore I disliked Thor Ragnarok (lame humour compared to the Guardians)

giphy.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

PerfectGUY

And also, 

The fact that Disney still is treating Johnny Depp who has been proved violent to women like a God and begging him for new Pirats Of The Caribbean 

While they fire high away James Gunn for tweets 

is PROBLEMATIC and truly shows how the industry works nowadays

Pacify Him

Twitter will ruin your career. Better delete mine soon starts xxoo 

I’m getting on your nerves

Eggsy
7 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

And also, 

The fact that Disney still is treating Johnny Depp who has been proved violent to women like a God and begging him for new Pirats Of The Caribbean 

While they fire high away James Gunn for tweets 

is PROBLEMATIC and truly shows how the industry works nowadays

While in no way am i condoning any type of violence to woman.. I think its a pretty far comparison to Jokes associating your self  or insinuating you have participated in pedophilia acts. 

CautiousLurker

A lot of people here seem to be unaware of the context so here it is:

First of, the public has already gotten outraged over his jokes before, and he has already apologised for those jokes (and yes, they were jokes) YEARS AGO... It was already dealt with, he already explained himself, how it was a part of his provocateur persona, how it was a bad idea, he learned from his mistakes, he apologised - by all sensible standards that should have been the end...

Then Gunn criticised Trump... the alt-right peeps didn't like that - what did they do? Well, one of em dug up his past tweets to try and ruin his career... successfully from the looks of it... F*ck the fact that the person who did it is actually horrendous, like:

37360754_10156486591259231_2808235319625
^Not a joke btw, unlike Gunn, this isn't some provocateur persona, he ACTUALLY MEANT IT, and from what I can tell, still stands by it... This is the person whose lead Disney followed... 

People who think Gunn is a genuine pedophile because of those tweets - really? Why are you ascribing so much more weight to his tweets which he already clarified were meant to provoke and not actually express and opinion, than his actual work that matters? Why are you not using what he put his energy into and actually cared about? Because, he did good by GOTG - here's a good video explaining why GOTG is not another run of the mill superhero franchise:

He put in the effort to imbue a mainstream movie with values that are important, and that's in a world where these kinds of movies don't generally receive that kind of treatment, and where the companies making these movies don't care...

And no, Disney was not forced into it by the public - literally all it would take is a statement... Like, we're talking about a company with billions to spare on marketing, shutting this down would be nothing for them... They're playing into the hand of deeply problematic people and not only is it sad, it's a bit alarming, cuz in essence they're validating them... 

Vergil

As far as I know this was a long time ago and he changed now. We all have our past in which we said stupid things and we were not even aware of what that meant. But hey, let’s keep Johnny Depp who abused his wife cause he’s cool and we all forgave him. Not me though. 

Edit: I’m not defending him cause I haven’t seen a single tweet, so maybe he deserved it, just saying that Disney should’ve fired Johnny too long time ago.

Omar Vela
12 hours ago, Wigless said:

Firing people for things they tweeted before 2015 is such a dumb concept. Literally everyone was complicit with those jokes back then. Now we’re not, but that doesnt mean we have to go back and fire them. And now that person definitely wouldn’t make that joke now, so no, it’s definitely not similar to Rosannne at all. 

Its like no one is allowed to evolve and change as a person anymore yikes :ladyhaha:

At least conservatives can’t drag the left anymore without being hypocritical :trollga:

Yeah times change but let´s be honest... those jokes are creepy as **** and they were too many. I'm all the way into dark humor but reading that was just .... 
I really think he maybe had molested boys and girls :S

Omar Vela
2 hours ago, Vergil said:

As far as I know this was a long time ago and he changed now. We all have our past in which we said stupid things and we were not even aware of what that meant. But hey, let’s keep Johnny Depp who abused his wife cause he’s cool and we all forgave him. Not me though. 

Edit: I’m not defending him cause I haven’t seen a single tweet, so maybe he deserved it, just saying that Disney should’ve fired Johnny too long time ago.

It's not like he was a teen when he tweeted that... 
Also the Johnny Depp case was solved, he didn't abused his wife... his wife was crazy and had a very violent record, she isn't inocent just because she is a woman

PoshLife
13 hours ago, Wigless said:

Firing people for things they tweeted before 2015 is such a dumb concept. Literally everyone was complicit with those jokes back then. Now we’re not, but that doesnt mean we have to go back and fire them. And now that person definitely wouldn’t make that joke now, so no, it’s definitely not similar to Rosannne at all. 

Its like no one is allowed to evolve and change as a person anymore yikes :ladyhaha:

At least conservatives can’t drag the left anymore without being hypocritical :trollga:

"Before 2015" is such an arbitrary line in the sand that I have to assume you have some really creepy stuff in your closet from 2014.

Also ummmm no we were not all making pedophilia jokes when we were "younger" (not that he was a kid in 2008). Like jesus dude, have you read the tweets?? They're not normal AT ALL.

Vergil
1 hour ago, Omar Vela said:

It's not like he was a teen when he tweeted that... 
Also the Johnny Depp case was solved, he didn't abused his wife... his wife was crazy and had a very violent record, she isn't inocent just because she is a woman

I might be in the wrong with Gunn's case, I’ll give you that but certainly not on Johnny's. He’s a drunk abuser not only with his wife but with some directors too.

StarstruckIllusion
42 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

"Before 2015" is such an arbitrary line in the sand that I have to assume you have some really creepy stuff in your closet from 2014.

Also ummmm no we were not all making pedophilia jokes when we were "younger" (not that he was a kid in 2008). Like jesus dude, have you read the tweets?? They're not normal AT ALL.

2015 is definitely the year when everyone started to “be woke”. Remember that term? The OG term of being into social justice? That was coined around then, forgot? (Yes you did). 

and jokes are supposed to be absurd and crazy, thats whats entertaining about them. sorry you didn’t find them funny, (I didn’t either tbh), but that doesn’t mean they’re trash jokes-especially when others laughed. 

why isnt the guy changing his behaviour on his own accord good enough? he stopped a while ago. He can’t go back and erase his past either, and he already deleted 10k tweets apparently. 

all you’re doing is chasing a ghost, and now we’ve lost one more, matured, and talented director from the Disney universe. idc about movies at all, but it’s still messy. at least he shouldn’t have trouble finding a new gig. 

and if you werent making the offensive jokes, you were laughing at them (complicity), and if you weren’t even doing that, congrats, you’ve always been stuck up :oops:

StarstruckIllusion
2 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

Yeah times change but let´s be honest... those jokes are creepy as **** and they were too many. I'm all the way into dark humor but reading that was just .... 
I really think he maybe had molested boys and girls :S

omg let’s not jump the gunn:staymad: just yet. some people can really be just ****ed up, but not actually be what you’re suggesting. I’ll wait until there’s receipts on him doing that before I’ll come for him on that. 

FrankGutz
8 hours ago, M Monstre said:

That's what I've heard. I haven't gone through his Twitter or anything, but that's what's being reported. 

8 hours ago, sarahb said:

Oh 10,000 tweets really were deleted, but a lot of those were probably harmless. It's likely that 10,000 were removed because it was easier to just remove a huge block of tweets than go through and delete every single controversial one.

no need to do a big thing, there's a web that erases every tweet with more than 1 year, even i have use it

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived