💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

NY Post: Everything Britney did, Taylor does better

Clever Username

Featured Posts

Clever Username

music_main_duo1a.jpg?quality=80&strip=al

“After getting their starts as teens, they have each ruled the music world at different times — Spears as a dance-driven performer who has never pretended to be a traditional musician; Swift as a country-bred singer-songwriter who plays guitar, piano and even banjo. But they have more in common than being blond bosses in the game. In fact, they have employed the same secret weapon: Swedish superproducer Max Martin.

Although Martin hit Spears’ sweet spot with dance-pop confections, he was also behind her best ballad, 2002’s “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman.” Then, after hardly working with Spears later in the ’00s, Martin returned as a producer for most of 2011’s “Femme Fatale,” updating her sound with an electronic clubbiness that gave an edge to her formerly bubble-gum aesthetic. The result was arguably Spears’ best album ever, but Martin has been woefully MIA for Brit ever since.

Meanwhile, Martin and his producing partner Shellback were the key additions to Team Taylor in her makeover from country darling to pop princess. It all started with her 2012 smash “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” which kicked off with a twangy guitar line so as not to alienate Swift’s country fans before pouring on the pop crunch. It was a brilliant move.”

https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/everything-britney-did-taylor-does-better/

britneyweird.gif?fit=inside%7C900:auto&o

Thoughts? 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

The only thing Taylor Swift does better than Britney Spears is that she sings live (which I think is so important for every performing artist), and that she writes and produces her own music.

Britney writes too but she doesn't produce.

However if you ask me, Britney has a better discography and has better stage presence and theatrics than Taylor. If she sang live she could easily be a better performer than Swift.

LADYGAGASHOOCK

The media is the definition of biased:awkney: One day, they cheer female empowerment and equality and the next day they do the exact opposite:spin: Truly a reversed reductive two faced experience:huntyga:

sipthistea

Well, of course.

Taylor Swift is the new queen of pop and she's the biggest pop icon of all time. 

JustinTrudeau

Taylor is popular but isn't iconic. She's too tame, too predictable, and too 'perfect'. Yea she writes good songs, but they're radio-friendly and doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers except potentially her exes and nemesises.

Britney Spears went through a lot of **** (2007-2008 for one example) and came back just as strong. Don't even compare her with a tame pop star.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

SlaeUrAnus

I love Taylor but this is laughable.

Britney in her prime was miles ahead of Taylor. Yes Taylor sings live and writes all of her songs, but Britney excels in so many other areas. Britney was more unpredictable and pushed the boundaries similar to what Madonna did.

In my messy era.

Matangi

i mean kind of tea, minus taylor being a pretty overlooked gay icon in comparison to brit tbh

Oyster

Lol this is NY post, no one takes them seriously and they are considered a complete joke in NYC

Archived