Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think/wish...

StuckInMyMind

Featured Posts

StuckInMyMind

I kinda think Gaga should credit herself as Stefani Germanotta in her acting roles as I always and only associate Gaga (Lady Gaga) with her stage/recording persona. Do you think it would be a solid move for her since everybody knows her so well as Lady Gaga and would give her a chance to break away from her musical image or do you think it would hinder her acting career if she were to revert back to Stefani just for her acting roles?

Luxe Ford

If I was her manager (yeah, right...) I'd advice against it. Lady Gaga is such an established trademark I think it would be diluted if she switched to her real name for different artistic areas.

And I "know" Gaga. Not sure I know Stefani. So for me it would be confusing.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

xoxo Craig

It's a tricky one for me. Like obviously more people are going to recognise the name Lady Gaga than they would with Stefani Germanotta. 

But at the same time, I guess separating the two might be a good thing.

When Rita Ora acts in films, she's credited as Rita Ora... 

Idk, I think once ASIB comes out and people see her acting abilities then it won't matter what name she uses because she's going to get more roles within major movies... or at least I hope so :vegas:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

If I was her manager (yeah, right...) I'd advice against it. Lady Gaga is such an established trademark I think it would be diluted if she switched to her real name for different artistic areas.

And I "know" Gaga. Not sure I know Stefani. So for me it would be confusing.

People who aren't Gaga fans only know Gaga, at least us fans got a little insight into Stefani's life... 

I agree with you on this

End Racism Now

Guillaume Hamon

Us monsters are so used to the "Lady Gaga" brand that we forgot how crazy&made-up the name sounds haha! ;)

Imagine some oscar-grabbing  war drama ( Saving private Ryan-type ) with...                                                                              Lady Gagaaaaaaaaaaa in the role of the mother who try to find some food left in the rubble for her kids.. That's just not serious enough y'all. :D

Lady gaga is working perfect for a popstar cause it's a fun name. Beyoncé Knowles, Katy Perry, Rihanna or Rita ora could keep their names for movies since that's neutral name. Lady Gaga sounds like a club/cabaret artist stage name if you're not quite used to it and movie studios will prefer to think to the GP.

Miichael

I can understand it from both angles; on the one hand having her credited as Stefani Germanotta visually carries a somewhat classier touch and gives her the opportunity to shed what the general public might see as the Gaga "persona" and take her seriously as an actress.

On the other hand, I think crediting her as Lady Gaga strengthens and further establishes her brand and herself as a multi-faceted artist who not only is a pop star but an actress and so much more, so I feel like it would give her more credibility following the release of ASIB. Finally, I think it makes a lot more sense to stick to the same name through all her musical and acting endeavours; so I say stick with Lady Gaga, it's a timeless and beautiful name anyway :flutter:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

StuckInMyMind

ASIB%20DVD%20mock_zpsq1b5vbhg.png

EDIT: Lost my entire f***ing post due to adding an image. I wouldn't mind her name appearing like that on the DVD/promo posters

Archived