Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Marina officially drops "and the Diamonds" from her name

pink sushi

Featured Posts

pink sushi

So on September 29th, Marina's record label Neon Gold is having a concert in NYC to celebrate their 10th anniversary.. They announced the performers this morning and Marina is one of them! But not "the Diamonds" :green:

DieWEz8W4AEfW0K.jpg:large

I think being announced as just "Marina" makes it official that she is dropping "and the diamonds" from her name. She has slowly been eliminating it from her social media since the end of the FROOT era. 

So what are your thoughts, hunties? 🤔 Do you like this change? I think Marina is just really tired of being thought of as a band. Literally in every interview she does, the first question she gets asked is "who are the diamonds?!"......and then gets awkward reactions when she says that they are her fans and that she's a solo artist. If she gets more famous, it would only get worse and I'm sure a good portion of the general public would always assume she's a band. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baptism

I hate that. Nobody will know who she is. Also YAS Alex Winston on there. She's a ****ing queen. 

Ryusei

Would be cool if she kept it just as her real last name. Diamandis has such a ring to it.

Musery

Hmm I understand the decision but 'the diamonds' was a really recognizable part of her brand. I think only 'Marina' wouldn't attract as much. I like her but if I saw that poster I don't think I would associated only 'Marina' with her.

ryanripley

brb i need to cut out "and the diamonds" from the booklets of my marina cds

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SHALLOW
8 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Would be cool if she kept it just as her real last name. Diamandis has such a ring to it.

Agreed :applause:

Damon
10 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

was just about to say this, Marina Diamandis is such a cool popstar name

... and now i just sit in silence.

whore
11 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

She needs to go by Marina Diamandis like her accounts! :giveup:

also I like the change, “Marina and the Diamonds” was always a mouthful as well as confusing 

Archived