đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will ASIB pit against Bohemian Rhapsody?

_Lam

Featured Posts

Madam Margolyes

Malek is one of the strongest competitors in Best Actor, other than that idk. Besides, BR has Bryan Singer credited as director, which could backfire its chances.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YaaaasGaga

Well Bohemian Rhapsody has already been criticised by many due to the fact it is completely ignoring the fact that he was gay or bisexual and that he was living with AIDS during the AIDS epidemic which is quite a big thing to skip over with Freddie Mercury so I'm sure that will actually damage it's reputation amongst academy voting members who normally value wider perspective and references.

ilgkp
21 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

How is the Queen movie a niche? They are literally one of the biggest rock bands of ALL time, the movie is going to be a success.

ASIB is only really known amongst the fanbase but the first trailer did help the movie be known amongst more GP but it seems Warner Bros are going for promo closer to release. I expect we will get heavy promo from mid september.

I think that those who were not a fan of QUEEN will not watch the movie because it is biographical so i don't expect a bigger success than ASIB

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

OMonster
1 minute ago, YaaaasGaga said:

Well Bohemian Rhapsody has already been criticised by many due to the fact it is completely ignoring the fact that he was gay or bisexual and that he was living with AIDS during the AIDS epidemic which is quite a big thing to skip over with Freddie Mercury so I'm sure that will actually damage it's reputation amongst academy voting members who normally value wider perspective and references.

Is that true?

The second trailer makes very explicit reference to Freddie's sexuality - and I interpreted a few scenes to be linked to aids, too. 

I think it was the original, Sacha Baron Cohen version of this film that was going to skip over a lot, which is ultimately why they had to re-start production. 

subtext / fantasy

YaaaasGaga
3 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Is that true?

The second trailer makes very explicit reference to Freddie's sexuality - and I interpreted a few scenes to be linked to aids, too. 

I think it was the original, Sacha Baron Cohen version of this film that was going to skip over a lot, which is ultimately why they had to re-start production. 

Ah it might have been the Sacha Baron Cohen version I was thinking about. I remember one of them was being created by current members of Queen who wanted to skip over those huge parts of his life or something? Either way, if this one does include those aspects of his life that is so much better!

ryanripley

this movie is anything but niche lmao

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
24 minutes ago, ilgkp said:

I think that those who were not a fan of QUEEN will not watch the movie because it is biographical so i don't expect a bigger success than ASIB

there are a LOT more fans of queen than non-fans and some non-fans will for sure see this movie

Bradley

I mean there is more than one Oscar competitor than Bohemian Rhapsody so I don't know why this one stands apart from the rest?

ilgkp
1 hour ago, ryanliarripley said:

there are a LOT more fans of queen than non-fans and some non-fans will for sure see this movie

i can say the same with ASIB 

but we will see

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, ilgkp said:

i can say the same with ASIB 

but we will see

well the only people who know ASIB are the ones who saw the 70s one :emma:

queen has lived on as legends through PLENTY of generations so it's not comparable. this movie is already much more popular than ASIB just because its queen

MeloArtDramaPop

I mean imo i think BR will win in the box office department and ASIB will win in the critics and oscars department. Ive been hearing a lot of bad press from BR. But honestly cant they just enjoy movies

nikola

As far as the box office goes BR will win for sure... Since the queen is really big...for awards I think that we don't need to be scared since there will be no new music so no original song nomination and I think there is no female lead so gaga is safe in that department ... But overall I think that BR will be bigger... Because it's about the queen

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Regina George

I’m HUGE Gaga fan but BR looks amazing and honestly that trailer is far better than ASIB trailer + amazing story of Queen and especially Freddie. It will be huge competition for ASIB but I wouldn’t mind BR winning cuz Queen is inspiration for many and even Gaga herself. 

ilgkp
42 minutes ago, ryanliarripley said:

well the only people who know ASIB are the ones who saw the 70s one :emma:

queen has lived on as legends through PLENTY of generations so it's not comparable. this movie is already much more popular than ASIB just because its queen

ASIB has gaga, bradley and dave chappelle

those who watched ASIB with barbra streisand will surely be happy to watch the new version

GABEL

they are not competing in the same categories of Oscars , besides Bohemian Rhapsody surly will win in box office 
if people compares ASIB to BR it will benefit ASIB in the long run I think, as long as the soundtrack and the movie are good(or decent at least)we have nothing to worry about:vegas:

Archived