💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Cleaning Up Gaga's "LP" Discography

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore

so i've always thought about the difference between LP, album, and record... and this lead to me questioning if C2C is a Gaga album, is it a Gaga record or maybe even just a project.

so i compiled this list and i was wondering if anyone could clarify and correct me or add additional suggestions

Gaga's LPs - The Fame, Born This Way, ARTPOP, Joanne
Gaga's albums - The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP, Cheek to Cheek, Joanne
Gaga's records - The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP, Cheek to Cheek, Joanne, A Star is Born
Gaga's projects - Red and Blue, The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP, ARTPOP ACT II, Cheek to Cheek, Original LG5, Joanne, A Star is Born

am i catastrophically wrong cause making this list has confused me even further.

♡ nyc ♡

monster4life231

All I could see is that you forgot #LG6 on the Gaga's projects part. :) 

spread peace - #MJInnocent

teawhore
Just now, monster4life231 said:

All I could see is that you forgot #LG6 on the Gaga's projects part. :) 

wouldn't that count as all of them because it's her official next LP

or mess no cause it isnt released yet so we could have another original LG5

♡ nyc ♡

monster4life231
Just now, teawhore said:

wouldn't that count as all of them because it's her official next LP

or mess no cause it isnt released yet so we could have another original LG5

Gaga's stuff is so confusing. :huntyga:

spread peace - #MJInnocent

LOVE JUNKIE

C2C is a Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett album

TFM is an EP

ARTPOP Act II and original LG5 are scrapped albums

Spoiler

I don't think it really matters what you call them tbh :selena:

on a three day bender

Raccoon

First - ARTPOP Act II and original LG5 (is that even a thing :oprah:) are scrapped albums so don't count that.

Second - LP & EP: I was used for vinyl and it means long-playing/extended play. This fanbase argues about TFM being an EP and all but an album was considered an EP when it contained about 3 to 5 tracks, while an LP duration is between 30 to 50 min.

SO...

My order is:

Gaga's albums: The Fame; The Fame Monster; Born This Way; ARTPOP; Joanne.

Gaga's side projects: Cheek To Cheek (Tony & Gaga album or TBLG1); A Star Is Born (since she's the main artist on it).

Gaga's EPs/other albums: The Cherrytree Sessions; Hitmixes (not actually sure about it); A Very Gaga Holiday. / The Remix; Born This Way: The Remix.

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

whore
8 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

original LG5 (is that even a thing :oprah:)

She produced eight tracks with RedOne (only “Frankenstein” is confirmed). The album was supposed to have a darker theme inspired by her character as the Countess on American Horror Story (other rumored song titles are “Blood” and “Vampire”). Around this time she was also working with a lot of disco producers, so LG5 was definitely a different project from Joanne

StuckInMyMind

I still would consider The Fame Monster an EP as it was basically a rerelease of The Fame, just with an additional 8 tracks. But everybody has different opinions so, who knows 

Raccoon
8 hours ago, Possibly Maybe said:

She produced eight tracks with RedOne (only “Frankenstein” is confirmed). The album was supposed to have a darker theme inspired by her character as the Countess on American Horror Story (other rumored song titles are “Blood” and “Vampire”). Around this time she was also working with a lot of disco producers, so LG5 was definitely a different project from Joanne

I still think she was just trying to create a concrete concept for LG5 while she was writing with RedOne. As much as I love this dark concept with AHS inspiration and wish it was true, I don't think it was a concrete one at all because she completly scrapped it. But I may be wrong, since the inicial concept for ARTPOP was the decay of the blonde (Princess Die etc) so who knows :huntyga:

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

Hurem
8 hours ago, Possibly Maybe said:

She scraps songs for every album, that doesn’t mean that there is Original ARTPOP of Original LG3. That’s just what happens when creating an album.

Bradley
10 hours ago, Monster7 said:

TF, TFM, BTW, AP, J are her albums

The rest are side projects

Can we stop pretending Cheek to Cheek was a side project? It had a full era of itself and was given a tour.

If Cheek to Cheek was a side project just because it was full of covers rather than original songs, then I guess jazz artists like Tony Bennett and Michael Buble have never made any real albums at all, they had side projects all over their entire discography since they basically sing Christmas and jazz covers.

FfFfFfFF

Solo LPs - The Fame, Born This Way, ARTPOP, Joanne; but you can also consider Cheek to Cheek an LP.

The Fame Monster is right between an EP and a LP. It had its own album cycle and Gaga considers it a proper album still for some territories it's too short to be considered a full album. 

Another EPs she has released are Red and Blue, The Cherrytree Sessions, Hitmixes and A Very Gaga Holiday.

A Star Is Born is a side project/ a soundtrack. It's unsure if it's labelled under Gaga's name or under ''various artist'' so we can't fully consider her record yet. This + the fact it's released under another record label.

ARTPOP Act 2 is a abandoned/ scrapped album concept. Same as other ideas she abandoned while creating albums aka the original ''The Fame'' album, the original ''Princess-Themed'' ARTPOP, the original AHS-themed disco-inspired LG5 and the original DWS-produced LG6 (?). If you want you can add fanmade albums such as ''Pure Songs''/ ''Disco Heaven'' or fake album titles such as ''Martyr of Fame''/ ''Chaos Angel'.

So it goes like this

1. Solo Studio Albums are indeed: The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP and Joanne.

Cheek to Cheek is a again a collaborative studio album.

2. Remix Albums are The Remix and Born this Way: The Remix

3. No live albums. Only The Fame Monster Live DVD.

Monster7
50 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Can we stop pretending Cheek to Cheek was a side project? It had a full era of itself and was given a tour.

If Cheek to Cheek was a side project just because it was full of covers rather than original songs, then I guess jazz artists like Tony Bennett and Michael Buble have never made any real albums at all, they had side projects all over their entire discography since they basically sing Christmas and jazz covers.

Cheek to cheek is a Gaga + Bennet album

Just like EIL is a Beyoncé + Jay-Z album

It's an album by The Carters. Not by Beyoncé that's why I don't count it, neither C2C

Bradley
2 hours ago, Monster7 said:

Cheek to cheek is a Gaga + Bennet album

Just like EIL is a Beyoncé + Jay-Z album

It's an album by The Carters. Not by Beyoncé that's why I don't count it, neither C2C

You still didn't answer the part where I said Bennett and Buble's entire discography are compiled of covers.

Archived