đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga // 2018 MTV Video Vanguard

TEANUS

Featured Posts

TEANUS

I started thinking following @maxblac's thread about a 2014 MTV performance.....

If Gaga won the video vanguard award this year, what would her performance look and sound like? I think it would be similar to the Super Bowl setlist and attitude wise, but with some twists obviously, because we all know she doesn't do the same thing twice. I could see her revamping and expanding upon the 2013 VMAs performance, honoring each era

1. Just Dance - the notes would be heard as the camera pans to her holding a keytar, she makes the traditional speech about the song making her famous. First Verse-Chorus-Bridge

2. Telephone/ LoveGame - a phone would start ringing, she picks it up and says "hello, I'm a little busy, I'm at the VMAs....goodbye", the song builds up and the chorus is performed. She makes her way to a subway set, mimicking TMB version of LoveGame. The intro is recalled, followed by the chorus.

3. Applause - Her face is painted and the first verse-chorus-and breakdown of the trap remix are performed. Confetti drops

4. Born This Way - New techno inspired intro (cause that's where LG6 is going and it's coming soon :huntyga:). She wraps herself in a pride flag. Mother GOAT is seen in the backdrop, she mouths the bridge and is the last thing seen as the lights drop. She makes her way to a piano. First verse-chorus-bridge

5. You and I - Piano only. Verse-Chorus-Ad-libs

6. Million Reasons - Piano only. She puts on the Joanne hat and recalls the hat speech from the JWT. SB-esque

7. Poker Face - Extended intro as she changes her outfit. She is wearing a traditional 'meaningful but quirky' Gaga outfit. First Verse-Chorus-Space Cowboy Remix breakdown

8. Bad Romance - Jazz intro like 2016 Rainbow Room performance. The album version cuts in for the "rah-rah" hook. The second verse-chorus-bridge-chorus are performed. Confetti explodes again. She makes a speech about her career and looks forward to the future, hyping Vegas, LG6, and ASIB. Vegas tickets go on sale

Discuss, delude with one another, and dream :vegas:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Throw in at least a verse from a new song and I'm ok with it.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Chickens in Malibu

I doubt it to be honest. Maybe next year after her new album is out. Unless she has a single due to be released in August (in which case we would've already known about it by now), they won't give her the award. They tend to give them to artists with new music.

It would almost definitely include all of her singles excluding Judas, G.U.Y., Perfect Illusion, and The Cure (although I can see Marry the Night and/or Do What U Want possibly being used... although maybe not). 

Archived