💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's album will likely sound like this

Bebe

Featured Posts

Bebe

I still see people here express confusion when they hear that this is a 'pop' album, but are seeing Gaga composing and/or conducting. People seem confused when there are clearly people with trumpets.

I think part of that confusion is because people see her working with Mark Nilan and only seem to know Mark Nilan as the dude who worked on The Cure. He has release an album in 2010 however, titled "Hands On", that is described as "Jazz Pop/Rock".

https://www.allmusic.com/album/hands-on-mw0002055439

Mark Nilan has credits elsewhere, working largely on Jazz and rock/pop projects, but has worked on some rap albums and some electronic albums too (although usually not as a main contributor). I don't think the album will be as jazzy as this, but I do think that Mark Nilan is working closely on the project and that you will hear his influence. 

The title is a little bit clickbait, because like I just said - I don't think LG6 will sounds a lot like this - but I think it will give us a least a little bit of a glimpse into the sort of contributions Mark Nilan is likely to be having on the project. 

I think most of the album contains music people here would have a meltdown over if Gaga released it... It's very 'lounge music' but there are definitely parts I hear that could fit into really interesting, fun, poppy songs. Especially the keyboard parts, which is like his thing, he has been credited as a keyboardist in a number of albums. Knowing Gaga is obviously in charge of the project and makes pop music, I doubt she would release anything that strayed too far from that pop sound.

If you only want to listen to one track, to see what I mean, I'd recommend Gimme the Lowdown. It's a very funky song with a lot more electric guitar. The most "pop" production on the album. There are definitely elements of that track that I could see fitting in very well with a Gaga album and it's the track I think people here might actually like. There are little moments throughout the album where I think "Oh that would work well in a pop song" but the rest might not be to the taste of many people here so they would just here the parts they don't like while not picking up on the more subtle elements that would work well.

somnambulist

It's impossible to say

Songs like Thriller (Im not saying its going to sound like Thriller) have horns, Bass, and more

Listen to the instrumental. There's a variety of instruments throughout the track. Listen to Random Access Memories where almost the entire thing is analog and yet it's layered and beautiful. We can keep guessing but we have NO idea, and thats exciting!!!

baptism

omg lmaooo stop with these ridiculous threads. he JUST said it's not jazz (nor country)... so we can pretty much close this thread now. 

Poissonche

Oh wow, that Gimme The Lowdown track is really good, lemme check the rest of the album. I don't know and don't care if Gaga's album is going to sound at all like it, but I think it's good and will listen. Thank you!

Bebe
12 minutes ago, baptism said:

omg lmaooo stop with these ridiculous threads. he JUST said it's not jazz (nor country)... so we can pretty much close this thread now. 

And in this thread I said it would be pop not jazz? :confused: 

You can make Pop songs with Jazz elements which is what I'm saying I predict LG6 will be :smh: This entire thread has been about what I think 
Mark Nilan's contributions to album will be and that, despite thinking LG6 won't actually sound like his album, there are sounds in his album that would work really well in a Pop album...

Bebe
49 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

It's impossible to say

Songs like Thriller (Im not saying its going to sound like Thriller) have horns, Bass, and more

Listen to the instrumental. There's a variety of instruments throughout the track. Listen to Random Access Memories where almost the entire thing is analog and yet it's layered and beautiful. We can keep guessing but we have NO idea, and thats exciting!!!

Yeah of course, but with Mark Nilan seemingly so involved with the album (knowing he is literally composing songs with Gaga) it makes sense to view his work and look for elements that might be present on LG6.

Gaga's in charge so I'm very sure it's not going to sounds a whole lot like Mark's album, but there are definitely elements in the album that I could see translating into a pop album.

Like Joanne sounds like Mark Ronson was involved, but obviously it also sounds different from his past work. Perfect Illusion sounds like Tame Impala (or at least Kevin Parker) where involved but still sounds different from Kevin's past work. TF/TFM sound like RedOne was involved, but they are also different from his other work.

Obviously collaborators on an album all put in their own contributions, it's interesting to look to Mark Nilan's past work to see what those contributions might sound like.

ryhanna

I was hoping Joanne would be a big brass and strings album mixed with disco/funk. I continue to hold this hope for the next album.

ltlmnstr

Pop today is very dance influenced. So be a little more clear when you ask the people working on LG6 what the genre is because Pop got a lot of sub-genres in itself. Like if you were to say a pop song from early 2000's it'll be more pop-rock. It's Pop but it's also not Pop...(I'm confusing myself now)

Thanks OP for the informative topic!

I cant play the vid

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived