Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

God Is a Woman is a Grower Song

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

Thomas P
1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

I don't believe in "grower" songs. "Grower" is just another way of saying you have to convince yourself to like it.

That’s not true. Growers exist, some songs just take more time to fully be taken in than others. I didn’t convince myself to like that new Meghan Trainor Song, I was convincing myself that I didn’t like it because I don’t like her, but it ended up growing  me.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch
1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

I don't believe in "grower" songs. "Grower" is just another way of saying you have to convince yourself to like it.

Sometimes thats the case, but its also just not true that on first listen to anything we perfectly hear and understand every element of what we listen to. I don't think there's anything wrong with hearing it, not immediately liking it, but then noticing on the second listen the interaction between the bass line and the clapping rhythm, or the meter change half way through, etc. OR, we don't understand what the song is about, but after a while we begin to understand the production, the lyrics, etc. Or maybe the topic of the song just seems really vain and unrelatable, but later in life we have experiences that suddenly make that song relatable or more understandable. What's wrong with that? :gum: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, ErickSlayyy said:

Same me too but I think the music video did it for me and it’s a super bop :giveup:

Yes that music video is epic :tony:

End Racism Now

amazinglyjon

First time I listened to GIAW I thought it was good but nothing special. But after really listening to the lyrics and watching the video the song has grown on me so much :nooo:

lovespent

Not for me, I loved this one from the get go :vegas: Like seriously, I love the song and I never really cared for Ariana. 

Matangi
16 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

Like, I was quick to dismiss it because it's trap.

:oprah: I mean it has some hip-hop beats, but id be hard pressed to call the song "trap"

He8MyHeart

I kinda hated it when I heard it the first few times, but today I have it on repeat. 

AcidWashBoys

you know what’s not a grower? :poot: ive seen them (ew btw) and im suprised the entirety of ggd hasn’t. fndnsks “I’m sorry for attacking you and your friends” headass. 

<3

Thats stupid Luv
17 hours ago, Helxig said:

IDK why I always have the opposite opinions to everyone else!

I loved the track instantly, first listen.

I love the music video sooo much. It snatched me completely on first watch. I had to pause it to freak out at how much I love it.

a) well look who it is.
b) this absolute tea.

xoxo Craig
4 hours ago, Matangi said:

:oprah: I mean it has some hip-hop beats, but id be hard pressed to call the song "trap"

These are trap songs to me, and GIAW sounds similar to these 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
3 hours ago, AcidWashBoys said:

you know what’s not a grower? :poot: ive seen them (ew btw) and im suprised the entirety of ggd hasn’t. fndnsks “I’m sorry for attacking you and your friends” headass. 

SinfulHighChinchilla.gif

End Racism Now

ryhanna

Eh. I dunno. To be honest I just think it's very bland and boring. But that's how I find many of Grande's songs, so maybe it's more that I just don't dig her music in general.

Archived