💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Running out of pop?

PerfectCure

Featured Posts

Joshie S

I dunno, I think we should wait and see what Queen of Pop herself Lady Gaga does about it. THEN we can see if it's really "running out".

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♄

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, PerfectCure said:

I guess it's about the way you wanna hear it then :vegas: I personally find it more 'pop' than what's supposedly a pop song nowdays :trollga:

It's far from what a pop song should be tbh... 

These are pop songs.

Trap songs;

:vegas:

End Racism Now

PerfectCure
1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

It's far from what a pop song should be tbh... 

Trap songs;

:vegas:

All these 3 songs you listed share similarities just in their instrumentals beats. On the other side, the verses are what makes all of them unique and also sound different genre-wise. If we're taking it this way, Alejandro sounds like Despacito just because both have similar drum stems :vegas:

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

All these 3 songs you listed share similarities just in their instrumentals beats. On the other side, the verses are what makes all of them unique and also sound different genre-wise. If we're taking it this way, Alejandro sounds like Despacito just because both have similar drum stems :vegas:

The instrumental is what makes it trap though. Despacito sounds like any other Latin song out there, because of its Latin instrumental.  Alejandro actually sounds like a 2009 take on a Latin inspired instrumental. But what makes it pop is the synths used. That makes it sound different to a Latin song. :trollga:

End Racism Now

MaryJaneHolland
34 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

We love pop :ohwell:

Also, I'm pretty sure God is a woman has more pop music elements than 80% of the songs that are on the radio today so :trollga:

I think you're mistaking pop with electropop and vice versa.

brizoda

Younger generations are less interested in Western Pop Music and more interested in J-POP & K-Pop 

PerfectCure
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I think you're mistaking pop with electropop and vice versa.

How? :laughga:

EDIT: Both are sort of related anyway, isn't electropop another variant of pop?

PerfectCure
4 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

The instrumental is what makes it trap though. Despacito sounds like any other Latin song out there, because of its Latin instrumental.  Alejandro actually sounds like a 2009 take on a Latin inspired instrumental. But what makes it pop is the synths used. That makes it sound different to a Latin song. :trollga:

iaw.png

I didn't say it this time :nooo:

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

iaw.png

What did I say on my OG post? GIAW is a pop track yet it follows heavily on the trap trend :trollga:

End Racism Now

MaryJaneHolland
8 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

How? :laughga:

EDIT: Both are sort of related anyway, isn't electropop another variant of pop?

Electropop was the "pop" genre in 2010, now the "pop" genre is trap/hiphop.

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

iaw.png

Also, this is an example that pop music is not what it was before :vegas:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

And that's why The Fame remains the 5th best selling Dace record of 2018 :vegas:

End Racism Now

PerfectCure
3 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

What did I say on my OG post? GIAW is a pop track yet it follows heavily on the trap trend :trollga:

Never said it didn't, just said that it's a better pop song than a lot of other ones even with the influences. :trollga:

PerfectCure
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Electropop is like another variant of pop if I'm not wrong. Trap/hip-hop is not, or at least not something I'm aware of. :huh:

Just because the word pop contains the first 3 letters from "popular" it doesn't also mean that the genre is automatically what's current and what everybody listens to. Sure, pop can borrow elements from other genres because times change, but trap or hip-hop can't be called pop just because they're popular. They're just the current genre that will (hopefully) fade away once a new trend starts.

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

Never said it didn't, just said that it's a better pop song than a lot of other ones even with the influences. :trollga:

I don't agree but okay :vegas:

End Racism Now

Archived