God is a woman or Bloom?

Judas Society

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKANK

tumblr_lr8kq04cBd1qa8vpro1_500.gif

My vote is for Bloom. Simple concept, executed well. It's an unabashed celebration of gender bending through the ages, from Quentin Crisp to Leigh Bowery.

God is a woman is the kitchen sink of fecundity metaphors. Janelle Monae's PYNK is like an Urban Outfitters commercial for Vagina Trousers. Compared the visuals Monae created for her Metropolis series, everything for Dirty Computer is a little underwhelming.

In conclusion; I choose the sissy over the piss slity.

Robo Ga

OK this is beside the point but just watched all 3 videos, and it's crazy how I can see Gaga's influence on each of them all soooo clearly. 

🤖⚡️

Judas Society
16 minutes ago, SKANK said:

tumblr_lr8kq04cBd1qa8vpro1_500.gif

My vote is for Bloom. Simple concept, executed well. It's an unabashed celebration of gender bending through the ages, from Quentin Crisp to Leigh Bowery.

God is a woman is the kitchen sink of fecundity metaphors. Janelle Monae's PYNK is like an Urban Outfitters commercial for Vagina Trousers. Compared the visuals Monae created for her Metropolis series, everything for Dirty Computer is a little underwhelming.

In conclusion; I choose the sissy over the piss slity.

Lol...your words had me crackin'! Appreciate your opinion.

Judas Society
9 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

OK this is beside the point but just watched all 3 videos, and it's crazy how I can see Gaga's influence on each of them all soooo clearly. 

Please elaborate 😊

I've got to say it's Bloom 🌸

Both the song and the visuals hit me harder than Ariana's.

Janelle's Pynk is amazing too. I prefer Pynk MV over Bloom MV, but if we take just songs, Bloom is irresistible for me :selena:

I've also been a big fan of Florence and the Machine's Hunger. Such a powerful song with a gorgeous video. 

Been also bopping this summer to Focus by Charli XCX and Humility by Gorillaz. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Judas Society
3 minutes ago, Rino said:

I've got to say it's Bloom 🌸

Both the song and the visuals hit me harder than Ariana's.

Janelle's Pynk is amazing too. I prefer Pynk MV over Bloom MV, but if we take just songs, Bloom is irresistible for me :selena:

I've also been a big fan of Florence and the Machine's Hunger. Such a powerful song with a gorgeous video. 

Been also bopping this summer to Focus by Charli XCX and Humility by Gorillaz. 

Yea, Hunger is a great song. But I was more hooked on Big God. That video and song affected me more. I haven't heard the album yet, I'll get to it when I have time. Hunger and Big God won me over.

PunkTheFunk

Bloom because it's cohesive. GIAW is a mess, but cute song :vegas:

DelusionalGaga
1 hour ago, Possibly Maybe said:

“PYNK” is hella iconic with those flower pants, but Ariana is serving the best visuals of any modern artist with this era. Also wtf is a bloom?? :lolly:

Those are vagina pants :staymad:

Queen Gloria

It depends - is GIAW about Ari bottoming for Pete?

Head Empty

Neither are amazing to me :poot:

God Is A Woman has cool concepts and ideas, but messy execution, and no overarching direction or structure.

Bloom is very sleek and well executed but doesn't bring much in terms of story, meaning or ideas :poot:

Both of them are just collections of images that are supposed to look cool, but as a whole there is no sense of build-up, pacing or pay-off.

That said, I wil give them both a lot of props for being extremely ambitious. Both of them are taking risks, and both of them are taking their artistry to the next level if they keep this up.

Killa
4 hours ago, Hybrid Rose said:

ew

Honey the last person expected saying this.

But gurll you need to bloom :gaycat:

Archived