Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

God is a woman or Bloom?

Judas Society

Featured Posts

Judas Society

So GIAW MV took the pop world by storm and it was a great pop MV. I love the most of the visuals, but some were not so well done CGI imo.

The best pop MV this year for me is still Bloom by Troye Sivan, not to mention it's a perfect pop masterpiece of a bop. The visuals were just so artistic and fun, something that is totally unexpected and probably never done before by a male pop artist. (educate me if I'm wrong sistrens)

So what do you guys think? Fire off your favorite MVs so far this year. Honorable mentions to Janelle Monae's "PYNK".

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TropicOfCANCER
18 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

So GIAW MV took the pop world by storm and it was a great pop MV. I love the most of the visuals, but some were not so well done CGI imo.

The best pop MV this year for me is still Bloom by Troye Sivan, not to mention it's a perfect pop masterpiece of a bop. The visuals were just so artistic and fun, something that is totally unexpected and probably never done before by a male pop artist. (educate me if I'm wrong sistrens)

So what do you guys think? Fire off your favorite MVs so far this year. Honorable mentions to Janelle Monae's "PYNK".

literally, perfume genius did a very similar video last year.:gum:

Judas Society
11 minutes ago, Hybrid Rose said:

ew

What's ew about it?

Judas Society

4 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

literally, perfume genius did a very similar video last year.:gum:

I value your opinion but I beg to disagree. Other than the flowers and color templates used in some of the shots in Bloom, these are two vastly different videos.

TropicOfCANCER
3 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

I value your opinion but I beg to disagree. Other than the flowers and color templates used in some of the shots in Bloom, these are two vastly different videos.

what exactly are you finding so innovative about Troye's video?

Androgyny has been done since the 70s with the Bowie, as well as in the 80s with Culture Club (and those are just mainstream/well-known examples). I'm sure plenty other underground/less famous male acts have worn make-up/dresses in videos, too.

Judas Society
1 minute ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

what exactly are you finding so innovative about Troye's video?

Androgyny has been done since the 70s with the Bowie, as well as in the 80s with Culture Club (and those are just mainstream/well-known examples). I'm sure plenty other underground/less famous male acts have worn make-up/dresses in videos, too.

I understand your point. But Gaga herself was not revolutionary in the sense that Madonna and Bjork were both formally provocative in their visuals and artistry but Gaga still became the icon she is because she was one of the only fearless and outspoken artists that emerge in the 2000s. Troye's video is the first unapologetic approach to androgyny by an out gay male artist that we have not seen since the 80s. I may be wrong here though I have not seen any prominent pop male artist that did this since the 80s. The visuals and colors were beautifully done in his video that they look more like shots of fashion art film.

Arturo

GIAW

I didn't watch Troy's video but I didn't like the song at all when I listened to it.

Judas Society
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

GIAW

I didn't watch Troy's video but I didn't like the song at all when I listened to it.

Appreciate your opinion. :huntyga:

whore

“PYNK” is hella iconic with those flower pants, but Ariana is serving the best visuals of any modern artist with this era. Also wtf is a bloom?? :lolly:

Judas Society
18 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

“PYNK” is hella iconic with those flower pants, but Ariana is serving the best visuals of any modern artist with this era. Also wtf is a bloom?? :lolly:

Are you a top? :derpga:

Archived