đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Sounds & Aesthetic Of Joanne Is Loosely Inspired By...

Dunk96

Featured Posts

Dunk96

Okay please correct me if I'm wrong,but this is something I thought about for quite a while. I personally feel like the Joanne era's sound and aesthetic (excluding The Cure because it's not attached to the Joanne project) was loosely inspired by Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks. Even though Gaga never actually confirmed this,I have a good reason why. In listening to Joanne (the album version) and Million Reasons,I had the feeling that these songs were Gaga's versions & interpretation of Landslide,although not blatantly coming out and saying that was the case with either song. I also think that Gaga's fashion choices for the era were folk-indie inspired,akin to the wardrobe of Stevie Nicks,albeit a lot more colorful and modern compared to the witchy aesthetic Stevie Nicks has been known for throughout several decades.

Again if I'm wrong in coming up with this assumption or you'd like to add on and support my thoughts please let me know. :sara:

Spoiler

But I'm highkey probably reaching so if that's the case then I'm sorry for wasting the thought. :ladyhaha:

GypsyBabe

THANK YOU. I don't think that the era was particularly inspired by Stevie Nicks at all, but I certainly see a similarity vocally and musically to an extent. I am a massive Stevie Nicks fan and I think maybe that is why I felt so connected to Joanne as an album. 

Visually, I don't really see what you are saying though. I don't see it in the fashion. But certainly Gaga's very raw and pained voice throughout the record is reminiscent of Stevie's rawness (especially when she is live). 

⚯͛

Punktious

Hopefully. I love Fleetwood Mac and can definitely see some impact on Joanne. 

But now I want a Stevie Nicks collab :stalkga:

Smother Em Eh

Well she just wanted to write about her Aunt and go for a new sound. I don’t think it was a Stevie Knicks inspired record. It was mostly inspired by her Aunt Joanne but I can see a where you are coming from.

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

GypsyBabe
2 minutes ago, Punktious said:

I’ve been dreaming of this since Gaga’s debut :giveup:

Imagine how amazing that would be. One of their (FM’s) managers comes into the bar that I work at in town and I always bring it up to him. :party:

⚯͛

giskardsb

I think if she would do Pop/Rock in the style of that era of Fleetwood Mac it would be pretty awesome and she'd do great at it.  I think their style is pretty timeless and would still work on modern radio.

baptism

Diamond Heart sounds Rolling Stones inspired. Just Another Day and Come To Mama are obviously similar to Beatles songs. John Wayne and Dancin' In Circles are sort of in a league of their own. Joanne and Million Reasons very easily could be Stevie Inspired, and Gaga very much serves up Stevie in the Joanne music video. I think it's a drawing on a lot of different inspirations, not just one. 

MeloArtDramaPop

Hasnt she mentioned her as one of her inspirations! 

I mean in all her music you can actually her music's influences in every album. That's why I never agreed when people said that she shouldnt have done country/americana because it wasn't her roots, but her roots are her influences and it spans from Madonna to queen to bowie and even to Stevie Nicks. She was an audiophile what they gon do bout that?

Jacob Marley

I COMPLETELY see where you’re coming from, and I totally agree - but you see, that’s exactly why Joanne fell short for me. I LOVE Stevie Nicks and that type and style of musicianship and songwriting - she and Fleetwood Mac are widely considered some of the best songwriters in recent memory. Iconic songs like Silver Spring, Landslide, Dreams, and The Chain come to mind. But that’s just what killed me on Joanne.

I know she can write phenomenal, multi-leveled songs - Speechless, Til it Happens to You, You and I, Edge of Glory - but something seemed lost in the album, as if she knew the sound, but she was scared that she was gonna lose us so she tried to mix that dynamic, story-telling lyricism with more upbeat rhythms that were somewhere between the dance floor and more classic rock. The funny thing to me is - the most Stevie I hear on the album is the second version of Joanne and the acoustic version of Perfect Illusion. She knew the sound and she ran with it - I just wish it was an album-wide commitment. 

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, Punktious said:

Hopefully. I love Fleetwood Mac and can definitely see some impact on Joanne. 

Well the intro of the demo of Fahion! sound like;

I think they were going to sample it

Edit: I actually think the whole of Fashion! sounds a little like Edge of Seventeen :wtfga:

End Racism Now

Punktious
10 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

I’ve been dreaming of this since Gaga’s debut :giveup:

Imagine how amazing that would be. One of their (FM’s) managers comes into the bar that I work at in town and I always bring it up to him. :party:

Secure that collab, PLEASE SIS

Punktious
8 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

Well the intro of the demo of Fahion! sound like;

I think they were going to sample it

Edit: I actually think the whole of Fashion! sounds a little like Edge of Seventeen :wtfga:

I knew that demo sounded familiar I can't believe I didn't hear The Edge of Seventeen til now :sharon:

Archived