movie

Mary Queen of Scots Trailer

smokeandhush

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent
Just now, Anveeroy said:

Judi Dench played Queen Elizabeth I, 

Helen Mirren played Queen Elizabeth II

Also, Cate Blancett played Queen Elizabeth I in Elizabeth. 

Judi Dench won for portrayal, but Cate didn't. It doesn't mean they won't win. 

Again, and?

If Cate's performance was not (in the eyes of the Academy) worthy of an award, then the seemingly mediocre portrayals in this film won't be deemed worthy either. Especially since there is fierce competition this year.

Judi, Helen and Cate are in an acting realm far beyond, in my opinion, what is displayed in this trailer.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
3 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Again, and?

If Cate's performance was not (in the eyes of the Academy) worthy of an award, then the seemingly mediocre portrayals in this film won't be deemed worthy either. Especially since there is fierce competition this year.

Judi, Helen and Cate are in an acting realm far beyond, in my opinion, what is displayed in this trailer.

I can sense your annoyance about Cate not getting the award and trust me I'm pissed as well. That time it went to Gwyneth Paltrow for her mediocre performance in Shakespear in Love. One of the major upsets of Academy Awards history. 

I'm not saying the Academy do justice all the time, but being a fan of Ronan and her tremendous acting in other films I do expect that this time she will get the recognition she deserves! 

Peace! :flutter:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

FentyGa
40 minutes ago, Moebius said:

But on a serious note, these historical dramas are sure popular with the academy, and with that Mary Poppins one too...

We still can hope for breakthrough actress tho!

Honestly ASIB and Mary Poppins are the only ones I'm really rooting for let me not lie

Earthling
35 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Lead actress from Ireland and her accent is awful? Lol

Carlow/Dublin does not equate to Scotland lol

Is David Tennant in this becuase I stg that is his voice in the trialer 

*she switched baristas. ☕

VOLANTIS

Okay this actually is SICKENING!!! 

Someone please make a gif of Margot taking off that wig PLEASEEEEE :giveup:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

CannaeDrive

I don't see anything special with that trailer, looks more like a made for TV pompous generic film.

The OP title is overly dramatic.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

nattuggla
1 hour ago, Doncho said:

No one is predicting an Oscar WIN for Gaga, just a nomination for now. And honestly, a nomination for Gaga is alredy an achievment. Its her first big role! We should be more than happy with just a nom!

tenor.gif

TropicOfCANCER

This looks great! Y'all doing the most as usual and pretending you're experts on anything and everything.

PunkTheFunk

Looks a little boring, and I don't buy Margot Robbie as Queen Elizabeth I :madge:

mamo

y'all need to have some faith in gaga. 

yes she might not win but she still has a good chance as anyone else - this film is likely to be one of the major award contenders for next season. 

Also if we're stating statistics, Barbra Streisand was nominated for her FIRST oscar in her FIRST role of fanny brice in funny girl. Streisand later went on to win the academy award. 

So guys, it's possible but I wouldn't get your hopes up yet until the film is released in full. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Miel
4 hours ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

I love these two, Toni Collette delivered a phenomenal performance in Hereditary. Gaga has no chance. 

Toni Collette for Best Actress, and Gaga for Best Song.

Tea.

3 points in and ready for more

River

Margot is an average actress, I don't understand why she's a threat, her performance in I, Tonya was like idk a graduated acting student..

Anyway, the movie will be a failure, it's boring, too many GOT ideas..

and like

27245fc9-97c7-49f1-9707-d8e98b3b0869.png

36fdc8cef3f2c3332ec9150bff848357.jpg

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived