Jump to content
A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
society

Woman jailed for removing hijab

Featured Posts

MonsterOfSpain   Paws Up 5,831
MonsterOfSpain

Where are all these "hijab is empowering and feminist, women are not obligated to wear it" comments now?

Edited by MonsterOfSpain

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoisLilMonster   Paws Up 4,622
LoisLilMonster
2 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

Where are all these "hijab is empowering and feminist, women are not obligated to wear it" comments now?

I'm not quite sure but I think that argument gets brought up when it's a discussion about hijab in the West but I think it's obvious that in Middle East they're forced to wear it and it's an imposition rather than a choice, just as the facts demonstrate

  • Like 4
Buy DOBLE DUQUESA on iTunes

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanliarripley   Paws Up 73,627
ryanliarripley
1 hour ago, Blond said:

I went to Paris,not Tehran or any other middle eastern city :nooo:

omg......

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whispering   Paws Up 15,459
Whispering
4 hours ago, Blond said:

I'm 15 years old and have yet to think about life.Simply dissing me is really unhealthy :green:

At least prove me wrong,don't have to make my life hell just because i have different opinion.

Is this what GGD is turning to?

 

Okay.

8.8 per cent of the population of France is Muslim, according to Pew Research. Going by a traditional split, that would mean that around 4.5 per cent of the population of France are female Muslims, or around 10 percent of the female population. That leaves 90 percent of the female population that is not wearing a hijab. 

 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azor Ahai   Paws Up 10,612
Azor Ahai
20 hours ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

Where are all these "hijab is empowering and feminist, women are not obligated to wear it" comments now?

Women should be allowed to wear hijab or not wear it. It's about freedom of choice. Forcing women to do one or the other is condemnable.

  • Like 1
It's not that I don't wanna love you

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CautiousLurker   Paws Up 4,934
CautiousLurker
21 hours ago, Blond said:

I went to Paris,not Tehran or any other middle eastern city :nooo:

You could have definitely phrased that better :sweat:

France not imposing a strict(er) dress code is a good thing - that's what civilised societies should do... Now, if you wanted to question the implications of wearing a hijab itself considering the culture it's a part of, and whether France is capable of aptly dealing with introduction of elements from that culture, be my guest - there's plenty to pick on there, but... Ultimately, the goal of any society (or at least one of the goals) should be to question, identify and dismantle harmful world views, traditions and beliefs - not to tell people what to wear :laughga: 

Edited by CautiousLurker

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azor Ahai   Paws Up 10,612
Azor Ahai
17 hours ago, Whispering said:

Okay.

8.8 per cent of the population of France is Muslim, according to Pew Research. Going by a traditional split, that would mean that around 4.5 per cent of the population of France are female Muslims, or around 10 percent of the female population. That leaves 90 percent of the female population that is not wearing a hijab. 

 

Αnd it's not like ALL muslim women wear it either. So it's even less of a percentage of the population.

It's not that I don't wanna love you

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alii   Paws Up 1,597
Alii
23 hours ago, Blond said:

When you see majority of women wearing hijabs in Paris ... :awkney:

How did you see "majority" wearing hijabs? Muslims are only around 7% of the population in France. I`m just curious. 

Edited by Alii

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skrill   Paws Up 4,176
Skrill
On 7/12/2018 at 2:44 PM, Blond said:

First of all.

A)

I do agree people should be allowed to wear whatever they want in public (as long as they're not naked)

B)

I do not agree Paris should be bombarded with people wearing hijabs,just as I wouldn't like people here in the city i'm currently living to make majority and wear traditional veils of my own ethnicity.It'st unnecessary and really makes city completely different culturally.

C)

My friends that are from Iran,Syria and UAE also agree they wouldn't like to see this kind of view in european cities.It isn't country's tradition :/

D)

Honey,I merely care to write this on GGD,let alone criticize people irl for this.I'm just expressing what i think is wrong.So you being pressed and angry that someone else has different opinion is really...dumb and ignorant to say the least

E) What's your opinion on burqas ban then?Is France really open about it? Hmm

Couldn't have said it better!

Tired little life.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
pop music