💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard CEO Steps Down

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Florian
13 hours ago, Economy said:

If someone streams a song it means they specifically chose to put that song playing because they like it

That is EXACTLY the issue with the streams. You're not only streaming songs that you want but also songs that are forced upon you by the streaming platform.

I'm not even talking about the Top Hits playlist were I only care about ~5 songs and don't/can't skip the others (hence giving streams to song I don't like/commit to). I am talking about a 15 songs playlist I made and EVERY SINGLE TIME they force me to listen to 2-3 songs that I have NOT added to it. Yet everytime I am under the shower, Rita Ora's Girl Girl Girl song (that I can't listen to) is played and she gains a stream.

I also hate the way streams are valued because pure sales are still huge for many artist and I find ridiculous that a few random streams are counted as much as someone spending money on one particular song/album. The gap between "less play this song I like for free" and "omg I love this song I need to buy it" is HUGE when it comes to commitment and impact of the song on someone. 

I only buy few songs/albums because I absolutely love them, should it be valued the same as "oh I like that song but not enough to buy it" ? 

I'm not against the streams being count but how they are valued especially when pure sales are still that high for some artists who get unoticed because of streams.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Virgin Ryan
18 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Come on Bobby! Get that job!

Make sure LG6 has 6 #1 singles :tony:

Economy
1 hour ago, Florian said:

That is EXACTLY the issue with the streams. You're not only streaming songs that you want but also songs that are forced upon you by the streaming platform.

I'm not even talking about the Top Hits playlist were I only care about ~5 songs and don't/can't skip the others (hence giving streams to song I don't like/commit to). I am talking about a 15 songs playlist I made and EVERY SINGLE TIME they force me to listen to 2-3 songs that I have NOT added to it. Yet everytime I am under the shower, Rita Ora's Girl Girl Girl song (that I can't listen to) is played and she gains a stream.

I also hate the way streams are valued because pure sales are still huge for many artist and I find ridiculous that a few random streams are counted as much as someone spending money on one particular song/album. The gap between "less play this song I like for free" and "omg I love this song I need to buy it" is HUGE when it comes to commitment and impact of the song on someone. 

I only buy few songs/albums because I absolutely love them, should it be valued the same as "oh I like that song but not enough to buy it" ? 

I'm not against the streams being count but how they are valued especially when pure sales are still that high for some artists who get unoticed because of streams.

Yeah but many ppl don't do that. It doesn't matter how much I love a song I'm not gonna buy it because I don't use iTunes platform etc anymore and same goes for many other people. When most people no longer buy music (especially singles) sales simply won't track the behaviour of the majority. There's songs I love to but I won't buy them regardless

Also like I said sales have a huge problem with measuring popularity... I can buy a song this week and be tired of it next week. Or I can listen to it constantly for 2 months. Sales can't tell the difference or if people that already bought it are still jamming to it because the majority of people will only buy it once

I think that's a much bigger issue than a few tracks being forced on a playlist that on free Spotify u can't skip (or can you? I have the payed version)

Archived