💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SOPHIE...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

Sestri Levante

I love SOPHIE. Vroom Vroom, PRODUCT and her recent album are amazing in my opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of her work on No 1 Angel and POP 2. The news of her working with Gaga made me more excited about LG6 (I wasn't excited until I saw the orchestra video, even though it might not be for LG6). Although I like her a lot, I can't imagine their styles together  in a song with just SOPHIE on the production, I think the hand of other producers would be needed to match two extremes. I hope the collab gets released and it surprises both me and you on a positive way :lolga: , and that it gets you to like her a bit more.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kimmo
2 hours ago, Impostor said:

First of all stop referring to Sophie as "him"

Her music has an amazing sound design and she is a very fresh artist. I had a blast with her album and songs likes Is It Cold In The Water and It's Okay To Cry are beautiful and touching to me. You should expand your taste. :music:

First of all, I thought he was a guy ok so don’t need to tell me what or what not to do because you have no right to tell people what to do, the entitlement you have. Lol 

second of all I am expanding my tastes, and this sounds wasn’t my taste :ladyhaha:

Just because you’re enjoying it doesn’t mean we all enjoy it buddy and none of those songs did anything for me 

Hottie Detector

Squeeshy Keety
11 hours ago, Kimmo said:

You are so right, HER music is just so empty and shallow, I can’t understand this new generation of music anymore. I’m sorry but this is lazy music, can you work out to that music? No , is it listenable? No! Even BIM sounds messy. I’m my opinion I do not like any music from Sophie so far 

Please please please edit your post. Several members have quoted you, and it is the most respectful thing to do both for her and for the trans community :unicorn:

OT: I happen to love SOPHIE's work. Not every song is my favorite, but a good majority are interesting! She is very good at what she does imo

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Kimmo
52 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

Please please please edit your post. Several members have quoted you, and it is the most respectful thing to do both for her and for the trans community :unicorn:

OT: I happen to love SOPHIE's work. Not every song is my favorite, but a good majority are interesting! She is very good at what she does imo

Did you not see where I mentioned that I had no idea about the gender???

I’m sorry but just because some of us have no idea of what happens in other peoples life doesn’t mean we’re being mean or rude, that thinking needs to stop, I’m sorry but I thought she was a guy at first and I’m Not apologizing for a mistake I’ve already apologized for.

If you decide to take such a big step in your life as to change you appearance you have to understand that for others is confusing and if I look at a person that looks like a man I’ll consider that person a man until that person tells me that they decide to be consider as a girl, I was not a fan of this Sophie, and I just found out she’s transsexual.

I have other things to do than to be trying to figure out exactly what’s going on in the world is the world is getting so confusing and you from all should know it, I’m gay and is cofusing imagine the ones that have no understanding of it. So before you come and say that we’re being rude or disrespectful also understand this side of the story buddy. 

Hottie Detector

ryanripley
9 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I’m sorry but just because some of us have no idea of what happens in other peoples life doesn’t mean we’re being mean or rude, that thinking needs to stop, I’m sorry but I thought she was a guy at first and I’m Not apologizing for a mistake I’ve already apologized for.

If you decide to take such a big step in your life as to change you appearance you have to understand that for others is confusing and if I look at a person that looks like a man I’ll consider that person a man until that person tells me that they decide to be consider as a girl, I was not a fan of this Sophie, and I just found out she’s transsexual.

I have other things to do than to be trying to figure out exactly what’s going on in the world is the world is getting so confusing and you from all should know it, I’m gay and is cofusing imagine the ones that have no understanding of it. So before you come and say that we’re being rude or disrespectful also understand this side of the story buddy. 

the OP literally says her gender :rip: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Squeeshy Keety
19 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Look, I didn't come for you or call you disrespectful for misgendering her in the first place. I understand, and other trans people understand, that it will happen (unfortunately, and there are ways that can be prevented, but I won't get into that right now). All I asked was that you make the edit in your post since that would be respectful.

Again, even if the initial misgendering was not ill-intentioned or meant to be disrespectful, refusal to correct yourself is. And the fact that you referred to her with her dead pronouns again in replies to others does not reflect that you tried to correct yourself.

We aren't asking that you know everything there is to know about being trans and speaking about trans people, but we do expect that when we try to tell you what trans people prefer, that you listen. We aren't attacking you, we're informing you and hoping you take that information and use it to grow.

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Kimmo
2 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

Look, I didn't come for you or call you disrespectful for misgendering her in the first place. I understand, and other trans people understand, that it will happen (unfortunately, and there are ways that can be prevented, but I won't get into that right now). All I asked was that you make the edit in your post since that would be respectful.

Again, even if the initial misgendering was not ill-intentioned or meant to be disrespectful, refusal to correct yourself is. And the fact that you referred to her with her dead pronouns again in replies to others does not reflect that you tried to correct yourself.

We aren't asking that you know everything there is to know about being trans and speaking about trans people, but we do expect that when we try to tell you what trans people prefer, that you listen. We aren't attacking you, we're informing you and hoping you take that information and use it to grow.

I guess some know more than others and that’s ok 👌 “let’s use it to grow”

Hottie Detector

MonsterSexual
14 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

So since her announcement that she is working with Gaga I, like most of you, checked out her work. 

Am I the only one who doesn't like her work? Her songs with Charli XCX sound empty to me. Even her own works doesn't sound appealing to me. 

As we all know, Gaga brings the best out of producers. I'm not too worried, but there is a little doubt in my mind. Is anyone the same? 

Share your thoughts :oprah:

vroom vroom, pony boy, and faceshopping say hi

Golden Waffles Forever

FRANK1991

from wiki

she did songs like:

Namie Amuro ft. Hatsune Miku (a computer generated robot lol) B Who I Want to B

I live for this production :legend::nooo:

Charli XCX Vroom Vroom, Lipgloss, No Angel

so that's good enough for me! 

I do agree PC music is not for everybody, it's not pop music. But a little danger is what Gaga needs to make her music different than anyone else. We know it's Gaga so she'll make it her style and SOPHIE might just co-produce so let the creative sparks fly I'm ready and not worried at all.

I was so worried about Mark Ronson, I hated Uptown Funk with a passion and I was right, Joanne really isn't my style so :ohwell: you guys right now are jsut like me back in pre-LG5 era lol

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

DavidJP

I still don't really know who she is but from what I've heard her music isn't very good....

ItsTommyBitch

Charli XCX generally collabs with A.G. Cook more than Sophie from what I gather... Like, other than Vroom Vroom EP, Charli just has a few individual songs from Sophie, where as A.G. and her have created entire records (never to be released :deadbanana: ). It can be hard to tell them apart, but are you sure what you heard were actually Sophie productions? :emma: For example, Sophie only made "Out of my head" on POP2, and "Lipgloss" and "Roll with Me" on Number 1 Angel. Vroom Vroom (the ep) was kind of a fluke other than the title trac.

Sophie has shown herself to be a very versatile producer. The music she makes for herself is very eclectic, but she made tracks like Bitch I'm Madonna, When I Rule the World, Be who I wanna Be, etc. and those are all amazing bops. She is also working with Kim Petras recently:

I don't think Gaga and Sophie will work well because.. their aesthetics + taste seem very at odds... Sophie is about deconstructing and playing with gender, violence, convention, standards, and "pop" as a whole. Their inspirations are night and day... as much as a revolutionary Gaga is personally, I don't actually see this really expressed in her music sonically. I don't know what it would sound like. Bitch I'm Madonna is a huge concession from Sophie production wise too, so I'm not here for that kind of rehash :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

xoxo Craig
4 hours ago, MonsterSexual said:

vroom vroom, pony boy, and faceshopping say hi

They can say Hi all they want, doesn't change the fact that I don't like them

End Racism Now

AnnTakamaki
4 hours ago, FRANK1991 said:

from wiki

she did songs like:

Namie Amuro ft. Hatsune Miku (a computer generated robot lol) B Who I Want to B

I live for this production :legend::nooo:

Charli XCX Vroom Vroom, Lipgloss, No Angel

so that's good enough for me! 

I do agree PC music is not for everybody, it's not pop music. But a little danger is what Gaga needs to make her music different than anyone else. We know it's Gaga so she'll make it her style and SOPHIE might just co-produce so let the creative sparks fly I'm ready and not worried at all.

I was so worried about Mark Ronson, I hated Uptown Funk with a passion and I was right, Joanne really isn't my style so :ohwell: you guys right now are jsut like me back in pre-LG5 era lol

no wonder :air: i immediately thought of Be who i want 2 be when i hear Immaterial 

OT: She is a good producer, just because you dont like it doesnt mean that it's not good 

FRANK1991
1 hour ago, AnnTakamaki said:

no wonder :air: i immediately thought of Be who i want 2 be when i hear Immaterial 

OT: She is a good producer, just because you dont like it doesnt mean that it's not good 

yeah it's very similar haha 

I love the production just not the autotune robot voice, but we know Gaga's vocals slay without autotune so this collaboration will be fun 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Archived