Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SOPHIE...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
33 minutes ago, Miky said:

To me it sounds like try-hard wannabe "artistic" music. It lacks any strong melodies, at least for me. Just 'cause it's "weird" doesn't mean it's interesting or artistic :shrug: 

Exactly, it's just a bunch of annoying metallic sounds tbh :huntyga:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Sunny said:

as i said, everyone is entitled to have the wrong opinion, studies found out that not everyone can recognize talent. some will just have to stick to 8 year old pop albums and gp friendly stuff

Well you are entitled to your wrong opinion about Sophie 

End Racism Now

Sunny
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

Well you are entitled to your wrong opinion about Sophie 

but my opinion isn't that her music is bad, which is the wrong one 

I like dancin', and ponies....

AlexanderMagno

Her music is indeed not as good as everyone tries to make. I think her persona is responsible for most of her success.

Her songs are very repetitive. She ends up being mindlessly heavy. It's not that she's bad, she's not. She's just not as good as people try to perceive. 

That said, there's a but: "It's Ok to Cry" is one of the best songs I've ever heard. And it's one of those songs that truly feel like a step forward in music. So, it's impossible not to be excited about the person who delivered this song.

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, Sunny said:

but my opinion isn't that her music is bad, which is the wrong one 

Your opinion is that this music is good, which is the wrong one unfortunately 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Her music is indeed not as good as everyone tries to make. I think her persona is responsible for most of her success.

Her songs are very repetitive. She ends up being mindlessly heavy. It's not that she's bad, she's not. She's just not as good as people try to perceive. 

That said, there's a but: "It's Ok to Cry" is one of the best songs I've ever heard. And it's one of those songs that truly feel like a step forward in music. So, it's impossible not to be excited about the person who delivered this song.

Yeah I'm the same, I heard the production of It's Okay to Cry and I imagined Gaga singing on it... it sounds the best from what I've heard

End Racism Now

RAMROD

I am ready to be surprised 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Sunny
2 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

It is everything but bad, but okay. It's just not for everyone, since it is very experimental and "unfriendly". This will actually be the first time that Gaga does something really experimental, unless she restricts Sophie and the other producers, which isn't a bad thing, since the songs need to sell. 

What people need to also understand is that Sophie uses pop elements like repetition and fuses them together with sounds that you don't normally hear. A deconstruction of the synthetic world we live in, and pop music brought to extremes. She wasn't the first to do similar stuff, and certainly not the only, but it is the future.

I like dancin', and ponies....

Y'all are some haters :toofunny:  you probably stopped the music before getting halfway through. At least listen a couple of times maybe? :shrug:

I like her production because she never uses any samples. She recreates real life sounds through a synthesizer, like bursting bubbles and banging metal, which is very interesting. I know that her productions won't sound exactly like her but with a gaga twist, which i'm excited to hear.

bloody g

I don't dislike her music nor her work with charli. But I do dislike some of her generic productions like bitch I'm madonna.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

brucee

I think LG6 might be the avant garde record we want, something pop but more mature.

Like sonically ARTPOP was a little bit messy, the production was hiding too much of the sounds used (to me), and I just long to see that happen. 

SOPHIE is good for dat job. her sound is so tight, its very delightful and Gaga needs sounds like this. 

hello hello baby.

iCpro
39 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

If any opinion is wrong, it’s probably yours, because her music is incredibly critically acclaimed. 

Personally I love almost all of her songs and would love to hear her work with Gaga. Her music is super avant garde which matches Gaga’s public persona really well.  

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Chickens in Malibu

I don't think she "produced" music. It could be that her vocals are featured in some songs. We don't know what kind of collaboration it is. But rest assured when it comes to gaga, if it ain't good enough she'll scrap it (see Redone, Cher, Azealia Banks etc..)

Archived