A Star Is Born
society

US embassy warns Americans in London about Trump protests

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 44,904
Morphine Prince

Americans in the UK have been warned to “keep a low profile” during this week’s visit of their president, Donald Trump, as the US embassy in London says demonstrations against the event could turn violent.

On Tuesday, officials said the demonstrations would probably be focused on the centre of the UK capital, despite the fact that Trump is spending only a short time there, but added others had also been planned over the three days from Wednesday.

“Be aware of your surroundings [and] exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings that may become violent,” the US embassy warned.

The warning comes after it emerged that the UK police mobilisation for Trump’s visit would be the largest since the 2011 English riots.

Officers will be moved around the country to protect the US president, with those in regions Trump is not visiting giving assistance to the services in those he is. Its scale is such that some police chiefs have expressed concerns they will not have enough resources for their usual local policing duties.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/10/us-embassy-trump-americans-london-warning

• Like 1
I got two red pills to take the blues away.

RAMROD   Paws Up 31,360
RAMROD

Most likely many of those Americans who lived/worked there are also protesting him there with their Britons friends too

Edited by RAMROD
  • Like 9
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me ♥

PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 68,165
PunkTheFunk

"Please keep a low prof-"

CqcQpGfVMAAwZaN.jpg

• Like 17
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 7

Janet   Paws Up 850
Janet

😂😂😂😂😂😂

How ridiculous!!! People aren't protesting Americans, they're protesting the ass-hat racist, misogynistic moron that a (slim) minority of people decided to elect president.

I will be at the protest on Friday. I promise I won't bash you if you're American 💘

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Alexander Levi   Paws Up 6,193
Alexander Levi
7 minutes ago, Janet said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

How ridiculous!!! People aren't protesting Americans, they're protesting the ass-hat racist, misogynistic moron that a (slim) minority of people decided to elect president.

I will be at the protest on Friday. I promise I won't bash you if you're American 💘

I’m sure most people think this way but I have to mention that there are probably some radical people who hate all Americans. It’s just a warning to keep caution.

I hope the protests go well!

• Like 1

Knife   Paws Up 2,568
Knife

Don't wear your MAGA hat in London. Or do..and get what you deserve. 🐷

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

baptism   Paws Up 1,880
baptism

I truly doubt many American's living abroad in the UK are Trump supporters, and those who are don't talk about it anyway because they know they're ****ing loathed globally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wigless   Paws Up 7,216
Wigless

I love how im listening to Threatened - MJ while reading this. The UK to the US tbh. MAGA people know the Tea about the UK, the air is too liberal for them to breathe in. Don’t think they’d be there I’m the first place lol 

Edited by Wigless
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Eighteen   Paws Up 3,426
Eighteen

if i were still in london i'd be flying that baby balloon myself 

• Like 1

Haiii   Paws Up 3,819
Haiii

Can't wait to witness this mess *eats popcorn, sips apple juice in wine glass

• Like 1

MarryTheAngel   Paws Up 507
MarryTheAngel

I love that the country that has Theresa May hates Trump this much. Obviously she’s not on his level but it’s just interesting to me.

realwildman   Paws Up 1
realwildman

People here aren’t anti-American. They’re anti-Trump.

• Like 1

SKANK   Paws Up 6,723
SKANK
3 minutes ago, MarryTheAngel said:

I love that the country that has Theresa May hates Trump this much. Obviously she’s not on his level but it’s just interesting to me.

Teresa May hasn't advocated for her political rivals to be thrown in prison, she hasn't advocated violence against peaceful protesters and journalists, she hasn't defended literal Nazis, she hasn't admitted to being a serial sexual assaulter, she doesn't have a history of praising dictators, Teresa May never called a woman a "fat pig" or bragged about her genitals on the stage of a political debate, May never called for a shut down of Muslims entering England, Teresa May never mocked a national hero and veteran for having been captured, she also never made fun of a reporter with a physical disability on live television. 

There really is no comparison.

• Like 4

ryanliarripley   Paws Up 73,629
ryanliarripley
17 minutes ago, MarryTheAngel said:

i mean we didn't want or like her either 

• Like 1
https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

nswain1110   Paws Up 1,229
nswain1110

If I were visiting the UK I'd be right along side my British brothers and sisters protesting #45. Don't the Brits know that those who support Trump don't travel out of their home towns, much less out of the country lol. Americans visiting the UK or foreign countries in general are typically NOT Trump supporters. 

• Like 1
Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/