💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn't Glory successful?

PerfectCure

Featured Posts

JesseBabe

I don't think it was just one thing that caused it tbh. I think what set off the album's rocky start was the scrapped music video, especially considering we have like 2/3 of the original that leaked online. I also don't think the VMA performance did her any favors. I think she's also surrounded by a lot of yes people and I don't think her management team is exactly with the times or understands how streaming is such a huge thing now. I remember hearing Make Me on the radio a lot, but I think she should have focused on signing a deal with Apple Music to insure her songs were on the top playlists (were they?). 

I mean, I loved the album and it's one of my favorites by Britney, but I can't deny the way they went about this era was a mess and a half. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Britney Jean wasn't successful, so no one seriously expected Glory to be a hit. Britney's well into her 30's now, a hit pop album just wasn't going to happen. But that aside, fans were let down by the scrapped concept for Make Me, it basically had no promotion, nor did she collab with any huge stars. Her fans should just enjoy any music she releases at this point and be happy with that because her old days of pop dominance aren't coming back. To young kids and teens today, Britney's considered old and a relic of the 00's. It's just the generation that was growing up in her heyday for whom she still holds some degree of relevancy. If the youth market isn't on your side anymore, you're not having a hit, it's that simple.

WeDontStop

mood ring being on the japanese deluxe is a sin

i got the boys in dubai

elijahfan

Because it was absolutely forgettable... I own the album, and as much as I enjoyed it upon release, I wouldn't be able to sing any of its songs right now off the top of my head.

Smother Em Eh
12 hours ago, Monster7 said:

Maybe because the album is not that good?:ohwell::trollga::bon::reductive:

It’s for sure better then her first 2 and her last one prior tho. :oops::icega:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

brit4ever
13 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

I’m also ALMOST neighbors (lmao) and here Make Me was successful for its first week and slumber party was a flop.

Glory was successful........ in my heart :diane: 

The Child
17 hours ago, JesseBabe said:

I don't think it was just one thing that caused it tbh. I think what set off the album's rocky start was the scrapped music video, especially considering we have like 2/3 of the original that leaked online. I also don't think the VMA performance did her any favors. I think she's also surrounded by a lot of yes people and I don't think her management team is exactly with the times or understands how streaming is such a huge thing now. I remember hearing Make Me on the radio a lot, but I think she should have focused on signing a deal with Apple Music to insure her songs were on the top playlists (were they?). 

I mean, I loved the album and it's one of my favorites by Britney, but I can't deny the way they went about this era was a mess and a half. 

This and this and this. But I don’t think she is being surrounded by yes men, remember she had/has to fight a LOT every era to choose what song becomes a single. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

MonsterJay

Because they did Mood Ring dirty...

It would’ve smashed as a single and I still bop to it everyday 🌈

JesseBabe
3 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

This and this and this. But I don’t think she is being surrounded by yes men, remember she had/has to fight a LOT every era to choose what song becomes a single. 

But, wasn't the original concept of the album completely changed because she got in a huge fight with the creative director? Maybe she's not COMPLETELY around yes people all the time, but I think the only people really saying "no" to her is the record label, when it comes to like singles etc.

The Bling

Because her team is garbage and Britney doesn't care enough to promote

DeliciousSpeedyClownanemonefish-max-1mb.

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

The Child
13 minutes ago, JesseBabe said:

But, wasn't the original concept of the album completely changed because she got in a huge fight with the creative director? Maybe she's not COMPLETELY around yes people all the time, but I think the only people really saying "no" to her is the record label, when it comes to like singles etc.

The creative director? I think you got everything mixed up.

We got a screenshot as the album cover cause they had a HUGE budget for the Make Me music video, when they didn’t release it, David LaChappelle got mad and took the rest of the album photoshoot with him (the Make Me single cover is from that photoshoot).

So they were left with a little budget, they decided to do a new music video and use that music video as a photoshoot for the album booklet. :selena: 

Her label definitely gets in her way when it comes to singles, they wanted I Got That Boom Boom instead of Toxic as a second single. :selena:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived