Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn't Glory successful?

PerfectCure

Featured Posts

retroglamx
40 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

I think we've all heard of Glory, Britney's latest album released in 2016, which... wasn't her best selling one, to be honest.

b33914e4f187e47afa1f2da616ac4c77.jpg

Usually, most of the albums underperform because of the lack of quality in the songs. 

However, Glory was an amazing pop album and it wasn't a success at all. There is nearly no filler on this album and almost all of the songs were single worthy (even though, let's face it, not the best ones were also chosen :giggle:).

Why didn't Britney's team release the better songs as singles when there were obviously so many choices? Why was the album given almost 0% promotion? It's really sad, considering the amount of potential it had. And if "because it's Britney Spears and her relevancy stopped in 2011" is your answer, then you're totally wrong. At least 3 of the songs could've been smash hits.

What do y'all think? Discuss! :green:

Really2.gif

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
29 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

Maybe because the album is not that good?:ohwell::trollga::bon::reductive:

Basically this ^^^^

Also, with Drag Race now so popular, there are many other choices in lip sync entertainers one can go see. :tea:

PatrickMonster

Her worst album, honestly no one should endure listening something so awful. The amount of autotune was too damn much. Also Im saying this while I think even Britney Jean was decent

Born To Slay

Because of the terrible promo. Like seriously, it was promoted like it was released 10 years ago. And poorly at that. 

LordEnigma

I like a few songs off the album but this isn’t really a signature Britney album - it’s just an album full of songs that any pop artist could sing.

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Lazy album campaign  :madge::madge:

- That album cover design and photo(LAZY!) just seeing it irks the **** out of me knowing it’s a still from the MV we didn’t want 

- The messiness of the Make me MV(I’m still mad) :madge:

- 500000 fillers :madge: 

- zero to no promo at all :madge: like seriously 

I forgot about the ****ing m/v thing. Why is her team so awful?

River

Make Me Ew was not a good single choice..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

freebit

She should have came in strong and released an upbeat song like Better, especially since her first single was released in the summer. I think when you’ve been in the game for so long and your hype has cooled a bit you need to come out swinging to make an impression (fire song, great video, Spotify payola ready). I think her scrapping that first video & releasing such a low key song affected the rest of the era. She also kind of bricked at the VMAs, and that did her no favors. 

That said this was a huge improvement from BJ’s era, so maybe she’ll build on this, not repeat the same mistakes and next time the album will get the notoriety it deserves. 

GhettoFabulous
26 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I forgot about the ****ing m/v thing. Why is her team so awful?

Honestly :madge: I think Britney really doesnt too much care anymore and she’s surrounded by a lot of Yes people or they just sorta gave up on her 

JohnWayne92

First of all, that album cover :wtfga:

2nd of all, besides Slumber Party...what songs were good?

Born To Slay
10 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Honestly :madge: I think Britney really doesnt too much care anymore and she’s surrounded by a lot of Yes people or they just sorta gave up on her 

If I were Larry or RCA, I'd be like "we ain't shelving ****"

ThisGuyTony

The Make Me video was a boring mess. :rip: 

The album cover was tragic.

Not releasing more than 2 singles.

The era was literally over and forgotten after the Slumber Party hype went away.

RAMROD

That is pretty much the fate that senior musician will face mostly. Especially with the pop genre. 

Besides, Britney doesn't seem interested to promote heavily anymore. She seems to seek comfort these days. Probably why she chooses Vegas these past few years. And will do another one, the new one, soon, too. So, whatever suits her, you know :shrug:

Few countries were lucky to have her concerts tour last year. Probably because she was paid hugely for it sksksk. She doesn't seem to do that kind of worldwide tour so often anymore. So if you are a fan of her, and know that she is visiting your country one of these days, you better go, fam. Even if it is couple hours away driving or by train. Cos she may not visit your town again for a long time.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

The Child
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

That is pretty much the fate that senior musician will face mostly. Especially with the pop genre. 

Besides, Britney doesn't seem interested to promote heavily anymore. She seems to seek comfort these days. Probably why she chooses Vegas these past few years. And will do another one, the new one, soon, too. So, whatever suits her, you know :shrug:

Few countries were lucky to have her concerts tour last year. Probably because she was paid hugely for it sksksk. She doesn't seem to do that kind of worldwide tour so often anymore. So if you are a fan of her, and know that she is visiting your country one of these days, you better go, fam. Even if it is couple hours away driving or by train. Cos she may not visit your town again for a long time.

She is going on tour till October and it’s starting in 2 days. :selena:

And most of the dates are sold out.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived