💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn't Glory successful?

PerfectCure

Featured Posts

PerfectCure

I think we've all heard of Glory, Britney's latest album released in 2016, which... wasn't her best selling one, to be honest.

b33914e4f187e47afa1f2da616ac4c77.jpg

Usually, most of the albums underperform because of the lack of quality in the songs. 

However, Glory was an amazing pop album and it wasn't a success at all. There is nearly no filler on this album and almost all of the songs were single worthy (even though, let's face it, not the best ones were also chosen :giggle:).

Why didn't Britney's team release the better songs as singles when there were obviously so many choices? Why was the album given almost 0% promotion? It's really sad, considering the amount of potential it had. And if "because it's Britney Spears and her relevancy stopped in 2011" is your answer, then you're totally wrong. At least 3 of the songs could've been smash hits.

What do y'all think? Discuss! :green:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

Why was the album given almost 0% promotion?

Lbr, Britney can't promote anymore or do interviews. 

PerfectCure
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

There were many other ways of giving it attention though. :noparty:

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, PerfectCure said:

There were many other ways of giving it attention though. :noparty:

Well, they could've added it on some playlists and radio deals, that's true.

But, anyway... RCA and their typical logic that adding a rapper to a song will make it a hit. Make Me Poo is an atrocious song :rip: They should've went with DYWCO or Slumber Party, perfect lead single choices :vegas:

Original Diva
10 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

like she physically can't?

excuse me no

PerfectCure
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

They should've went with DYWCO or Slumber Party, perfect lead single choices :vegas:

:legend:

FfFfFfFF
16 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

I think we've all heard of Glory, Britney's latest album released in 2016, which... wasn't her best selling one, to be honest.

Usually, most of the albums underperform because of the lack of quality in the songs. 

I really don't agree. There's almost 0 correlation between popularity and quality. It's all about the hype surrounding the artist (and the accessibility of the album).

So many critically acclaimed albums go unnoticed by the general public while average ones become huge sellers.

ryanripley

"nearly no filler" :what: 

anyways it's a good album (for pop music) but their promotion absolutely sucked and was outdated. i don't remember anything happening that era apart from 2 music videos

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Original Diva said:

like she physically can't?

Idk... both imo.

She really seems... broken? She seems very confused when talking and her performing is very stale lately :selena:

Just my opinion and observation :selena:

PerfectCure
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

I really don't agree. There's almost 0 correlation between popularity and quality. It's all about the hype surrounding the artist. 

Look at Witness. Katy Perry, the queen of pre-teen parties released it. You can't say she wasn't hyped. :selena:

PerfectCure
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

"nearly no filler" :what: 

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit! :ladyhaha:

GhettoFabulous

Lazy album campaign  :madge::madge:

- That album cover design and photo(LAZY!) just seeing it irks the **** out of me knowing it’s a still from the MV we didn’t want 

- The messiness of the Make me MV(I’m still mad) :madge:

- 500000 fillers :madge: 

- zero to no promo at all :madge: like seriously 

TeenIdle

The problem with the promotion was the same as Joanne's. Her team focused on performances rather than investing in radio play and Spotify deals. Add the fact that Britney is seen as a legacy artist ever since her residency started. 

FfFfFfFF
25 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

Look at Witness. Katy Perry, the queen of pre-teen parties released it. You can't say she wasn't hyped. :selena:

She wasn't too hyped because she was already overexposed after Prism. Rise (standalone single released before Witness) also underperformed.

The album has a 53 metacritic score which means poor critical reception - still somehow it managed to debut at #1 on Billboard 200 which also proves my point. :poot: 

Archived