Pop Music
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

#3: "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?"

p01gqn1n.jpg

Average Score: 9

High Score: 11 @GaGaSwift

Low Score: 6.5 @Oriane

Comments:

@blackcoffee ~ “Such a great song, but the Shirelles did it better. Their version is a 10/11. Love that Joni Mitchell and James Taylor are singing backup.”

@That J ~ “Talk about a classic song?!?!?!  THIS IS A MEGA CLASSIC. "Tonight you are mine completely....but will you still love me tomorrow?" There isnt one soul on earth that's played the love game that doesnt say "amen sista!" to that!  This is mature love music.”

@Oriane ~ “It’s nice but there’s something lacking, it’s like So far away.”

@GaGaSwift ~ “Absolutely gorgeous song. This was my Stepdad and Mom's "song" I can't explain how happy this song makes me. This is one of the best love songs ever written. I wish to find this kind of love some day.”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “One of the most beautiful love songs ever written.”

Videos:

Carole’s ~

Cover(s) ~

giphy.gif

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

That J
Just now, GaGaSwift said:

giphy.gif

It's a beautiful song. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Oriane

Will my 11 win again ? :excited2:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Pop Music
1 minute ago, That J said:

It's a beautiful song. 

If you read my thoughts on the song in the post you will see that it was my stepdad and mom's song. We played it on the way home from them getting married at the courthouse and my mom said to my stepdad "I will love you tomorrow. Always and forever" and it still makes me and him bawl to this day. Such a special song.

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

That J

Looking out....on the morning rain..

Ronk

The Shirelles version brings back so many memories of those days.

I live outside the space time continuum.

That J
Just now, GaGaSwift said:

If you read my thoughts on the song in the post you will see that it was my stepdad and mom's song. We played it on the way home from them getting married at the courthouse and my mom said to my stepdad "I will love you tomorrow. Always and forever" and it still makes me and him bawl to this day. Such a special song.

Awwww that really got my heart!!!   Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

That J

Look at how beautiful we all become and act when theres a beautiful album at play. This is why I miss music like this. It really does affect.  

That J

Gotta go in 2 min but this has been AMAZING. 

rumours

#2: "You've Got a Friend"

taylorking_wide-a5708f6cf9a946bb591c7485

Average Score: 9.13

High Score: 10 @That J @ThaFame @blackcoffee

Low Score: 7.5 @Oriane

Comments:

@blackcoffee ~ “Classic. Beautiful. Great lyrics.”

@That J ~ “By track 7 I almost feel like Ms King is just showing off. I mean COME ON this album is brilliant! You've Got a Friend is considered one of the best love songs of all times. They DO NOT make them like this anymore. Anyone can say I love you...but it's something deeper to BE ...to be that friend. Classic.”

@Oriane ~ “I like the progression. It grew on me, it’s one of the major songs in this album.”

@GaGaSwift ~ “This one is a special one for me personally. My stepdad, mom and I always loved this one. After singing it in choir back in freshman year and hearing it hundreds of times it is kinda latched into my soul”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “Such a powerfully written song -- and Gaga covering this song a few years ago made me like it even more.”

Videos:

Carole’s ~

Cover ~

Bonus ~

WHICH MEANS......

#1: "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"

CK-Piano-(McCrary,-I-think).jpg

Average Score: 10.03 (wow... over a perfect score!)

High Score: 11 @That J @Oriane

Low Score: 9 @Ronk

Comments:

@blackcoffee ~ “I LOVE this song. Really, one of the most perfect songs on the album, especially lyrics wise. A true testament to Carole’s amazing ability as a songwriter. Unfortunately Aretha’s version is a knockout 11, so it’s inevitable to compare the two and although I know Carole wrote the song, NOTHING beats Aretha’s delivery of this song.”

@That J ~ “"Looking out...on the morning rain....I used to feel so uninspired"  ...one of the best lines in pop culture history. Natural Woman is a living breathing piece of music that nothing can compare to. I was lonely, depressed, life was so mean to me....then you came and lifted my chin up, dried my tears, enveloped me with your passion and made me feel NATURAL. I felt so wrong. Now I'm no longer doubtful! You make me feel so alive. ...like a natural person!  Honey, ain't nothing better.  I bow to this greatness! Also, kudos to Aretha Franklin for making this one of her signature songs. She put the thang down, flipped it and reversed it!  But the original is as warm as the brightest smile to a hurt soul. THIS IS THAT LOVE SONG!”

@Oriane ~ “A classic to end the album ! It gets stuck in your head.”

@GaGaSwift ~ “The emotion in this one can never be recreated or copied in any cover. This song is how every woman (i'm assuming) would wanna feel like. So uniquely her and amazing”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “Giving this song anything less than a 10 would just be plain disrespectful.”

Videos:

Carole’s ~

Cover ~

That J

Lemme leave this here..

A fave performance of MY 11 ..

Estefan. King. Twain. Carey. Dion. Franklin

That J

YAAAAASSSSSSSS.  hahaha YAS.  FINALLY I GET ONE.  

Omg. LOOK the whole album is a classic but this song KILLS me!  I absolutely love Natural Woman. Check the performance above and enjoy. 

Everyone...this was my fave rate ever!  Seriously. 

Archived