💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The only way for LG6 to be successful

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, baptism said:

Also Dua Lipa is slaying and setting records with pop music. It just has to be good pop music, and Gaga can most certainly deliver that. 

Dua Lipa is totally urban music. New Rules is totally urban pop so we might have a different definition of what urban music is. If I am wrong, then I'm totally sorry 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haralampos

I think Super Bowl helped Joanne. She needs to do something more close to what she introduced herself but still fresh. I have a feeling it's coming!

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

That's not we are trying to say. Gaga will never be as big as she was during TF+M. However, to think that she can only be big by jumping on trends is also not entirely true.

Yeah I also think she's able to make something new and set a new trend, but well let's wait and see

Whispering

Eh, just let her do her thing. She's been successful for a decade now, through the music industry's many changes. 

Right now, radio is a mess. I'm just looking forward to ASIB, the soundtrack and promo from that, and for a new solo album to listen to. I'm sure both will do well...but not well enough for everyone here. There will always be fans that live in areas of the world where certain songs or albums aren't as successful as they would like. That's just how it goes. 

GypsyBabe
10 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

But that still means that the song is interesting/catchy/useful in a way and that people want to listen to it again.

Not entirely though. I always look at where the money is. A lot of money is spent to put songs on these “important” playlists that people play in the car or when they are cleaning their house. Like the radio, they may just let it play even if they could care less or hate the song. They could change it 30 seconds in because they despise it and it still counts as a stream. Yes, streaming is the future and holds weight, but for me it does not denote success in the least. 

Of course I would like Gaga to improve her streaming overall. However I am proud of her numbers because they are mostly genuine streams, not purchased, falsified, or ones that money and fortune can buy.

⚯͛

NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, Whispering said:

Eh, just let her do her thing. She's been successful for a decade now, through the music industry's many changes. 

Right now, radio is a mess. I'm just looking forward to ASIB, the soundtrack and promo from that, and for a new solo album to listen to. I'm sure both will do well...but not well enough for everyone here. There will always be fans that live in areas of the world where certain songs or albums aren't as successful as they would like. That's just how it goes. 

I never said I want her to be successful again, y'all are messing my words. I like the iconic reputation she built with Joanne and I'm not running after the #1 hit at all. The thread was about discussing how she could make LG6 successful and I gave my opinion, but that doesnt mean it's what I want her to do !

GypsyBabe
5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

N O. You can't follow trends if you wanna stand out. 

Exactly. By nature, Gaga is not a conformist. She is not someone who is happy with static music. She wants to be dynamic and stand out. Maybe LG6 will be a smash, maybe it wont, (maybe I will enjoy it, maybe I wont) but I am confident that it will be off trend and different. 

⚯͛

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, GypsyBabe said:

Exactly. By nature, Gaga is not a conformist. She is not someone who is happy with static music. She wants to be dynamic and stand out. Maybe LG6 will be a smash, maybe it wont, (maybe I will enjoy it, maybe I wont) but I am confident that it will be off trend and different. 

how was TFM an ARTPOP off trend? 

adamsenigma
57 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Joanne wasn't urban/trap/R&B and it was a success, next

Maybe it was a moderate success and only in the US tbh. Reputation was a success, Divide was a success, Lemonade was a success, and they were succesful worldwide. Joanne has sold like 2.5M copies WW since 2016 and had a "hit" that peaked at #4 even with thousand of performances, radio airplay and a SB performance.

Gaga really needs to do something about her music IF she wants to be highly succesful. 

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, adammonroe said:

Maybe it was a moderate success and only in the US tbh. Reputation was a success, Divide was a success, Lemonade was a success, and they were succesful worldwide. Joanne has sold like 2.5M copies WW since 2016 and had a "hit" that peaked at #4 even with thousand of performances, radio airplay and a SB performance.

Gaga really needs to do something about her music IF she wants to be highly succesful. 

I couldn't agree more. She has to do something IF and only IF she wants that success 

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, adammonroe said:

Sweetie, Joanne is FAR from 2.5m copies sold :huntyga:

I think it's circa 1.6M.

Mylene
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Sweetie, Joanne is FAR from 2.5m copies sold :huntyga:

I think it's circa 1.6M.

i can't breathe

GypsyBabe
Just now, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

how was TFM an ARTPOP off trend? 

ARTPOP was at the tail end of the EDM trend, but if it had been released when it was supposed to be then it would have made more sense. 

I guess maybe I meant to say sonically unique. Either way, Gaga’s music is extremely dinstinctive and idiosyncratic. I was 19 and TFM blew my f*cking mind because it was elevated music. She takes what is popular and distorts it. I wouldn’t call that following a trend. 

⚯͛

TeenIdle
59 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

Okay so it's impossible to ask you to step back when it comes to Gaga. I love her as well but wake up! Do not tell me that Joanne has the same success than TFM! Everybody here thinks that SHE is outdated, that's a fact and that's not my fault! 

Why would we care about success when the music is not artistic or original lol

Archived