💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The only way for LG6 to be successful

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER

Hey Monsters! 

So, we are each day a little bit closer to LG6. We still don't know much about it, except some of the producers and that it will probably sound more electronic than Joanne. Anyway, let's face reality: Gaga is not the best selling artist right now. I know this is not what she's looking for and that's not the point. The point of the thread is to discuss this opinion. I think there is only 1 way for LG6 to be successful (= lot of streams/sells).

And this is.......

giphy.gif

It has to be urban/trap/r&b music.

I know right, shade me. But some of the bravest monsters will be able to face this reality. I can already tell if she goes country, it's gonna flop. If she goes jazz, meh. If she goes EDM, of course it'll flop hard. I know y'all are big EDM fans and Gaga is known for her EDM bops but this is completely outdated, really. Even electronic things or whatever. The trend today is guitars, reggaeton-beat, soft synth, partying vibes, etc... That's what pop is now. I will take for example "Girls Like You" from Maroon 5 that represents pretty well pop today. And this is not even number one, cause pop is lowkey dying. She could go another way, I don't know how is this genre named, but the kind of songs like "One Kiss" that is not completely based on pop standards but still mainstream and sounds fresh and innovative. Anyway I think anything very electronic with huge bass (like I Did Something Bad) will flop. The electronic vibe that could be still trendy is the vocoder like in "The Middle", otherwise, idk.

I know LG6 does not have to be successful and that's not the question. We will be completely satisfied will electronic music.

your thoughts ?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

We saw how it worked with Liberation :huntyga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ryanripley

Joanne wasn't urban/trap/R&B and it was a success, next

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

DeanWinchester

No we need to buy AND stream AND request it on radio.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

heda97

I trust gaga to deliver great sound no matter the genre, she hasn't let me down before and I dont think she would in the future either. 

Im á Katycat on Fridays #tgif

mariomania1234

Or she can create something new like she always does. Gaga's never followed trends. That why she became so massive in the first place.

If the songs good enough it'll be a hit. She's got good momentum going into this. Her team just needs to make sure they have their **** together.

Joanne was a success and did exceptionally well for the type of music it was considering the musical climate at the time. I think it was the 3rd best selling female album of 2017.

If she delivers something more streaming friendly, I'm sure the next album will be even bigger.

HiddenWeirdo

Let‘s face it, little monsters that think they know what’s best for Gaga’s career s*ck.

When-She-Just-Couldnt-Even.gif

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, River said:

Mte :laughga:

NIGHTCRAWLER
20 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Joanne wasn't urban/trap/R&B and it was a success, next

well, you need to wake up. Can't believe we can still be so naive. I could ask anyone I know what was the last Gaga album, they could not answer. Maybe it was big in America, but not in Europe at all. Here, except Million Reasons that was played a lot on radio, the album totally flopped, and that is a fact

HiddenWeirdo
3 minutes ago, River said:

Yes, it liberated itself quickly outta the charts.

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

Let‘s face it, little monsters that think they know what’s best for Gaga’s career s*ck.

not about Gaga's career, but about what teens listen nowadays and what streams. I'm not saying that's the best for her

Silvestro Devacelli

we want her to set the trends not follow them, when the fame came out pop wasn’t popular either

NIGHTCRAWLER

Okay so it's impossible to ask you to step back when it comes to Gaga. I love her as well but wake up! Do not tell me that Joanne has the same success than TFM! Everybody here thinks that SHE is outdated, that's a fact and that's not my fault! 

ryanripley
6 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

well, you need to wake up. Can't believe we can still be so naive. I could ask anyone I know what was the last Gaga album, they could not answer. Maybe it was big in America, but now in Europe at all. Here, except Million Reasons that was played a lot on radio, the album totally flopped, and that is a fact

okay but Joanne, the number 1, 2 time grammy nominated, 2nd highest female selling of 2016, a tour that was supposed to gross $100m+, a top 4 platinum hit, one of the most watched halftime shows wasn't a urban/trap/R&B album and still successful so next

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived