A Star Is Born
science

Canabis Doesn't Relieve Pain: New Study

Featured Posts

PsychicGuru   Paws Up 1,335
PsychicGuru

This is a f*cking lie.

I know people who have dealt for years with back and muscle pain, cannabis has been a miracle worker relieving their symptoms. Big pharma is just freaking out because they cant charge $400 a pop for this miracle.

• Like 1
Gaga's #1 fan

geopang   Paws Up 1,687
geopang

I’ll need to read the official study manuscript to determine if this is true or not. Could certainly be biased and have low reliability/validity.

River   Paws Up 18,821
River

Relax, it's thesis of a Ph.D student, they worked on it for 4 years.. the "researchers" are probably their Master students, so I guess they made it a course and they gave the Master students some tasks to do aka the dirty job..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Acsnpdx8   Paws Up 1,945
Acsnpdx8

Stopped reading at “Canabis” :vegas:

(and lit up a j :stalkga:)

MonsterJay   Paws Up 587
MonsterJay

It helps me with my back and sciatic nerve pain tbh

so I guess it works differently per person

Alexander Levi   Paws Up 6,193
Alexander Levi
2 hours ago, River said:

it's a PH.D thesis:ladyhaha:

Where does it say this?

Here’s her bio:

Gabrielle is an NHMRC Australian Public Health Early Career Fellowship recipient and has worked at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), Faculty of Medicine, UNSW, since 2006. Gabrielle's PhD, completed in 2016, focused on suicidal behaviours amongst people living with chronic non-cancer pain and has been crucial in identifying chronic non-cancer pain as a suicide risk-factor. Gabrielle's research interests include pharmaceutical opioids, opioid dependence and suicidal behaviours amongst people living with chronic non-cancer pain. She currently coordinates a large prospective study examining the benefits and outcomes of prescription opioids for chronic pain, the Pain and Opioids IN Treatment (POINT) study. 

Edited by Alexander Levi

Alexander Levi   Paws Up 6,193
Alexander Levi
1 hour ago, Ikvs said:

Anecdotes are winning over science in GGD I see :vegas:

The constant bias is hilarious. I’m all pro-weed but there has to be some negative side effects and it’s not the most perfect thing on the planet.

LePetitMonstr   Paws Up 20,960
LePetitMonstr

Who cares I rather have a placebo than a drug that costs 1000 USD per prescription  :rip:

Plus you get to be high:vegas:

• Like 1

Jeremy Kosinski   Paws Up 39
Jeremy Kosinski

But most chronic pain conditions aren't conditions that will ever improve and that is not why you would be using Marijuana or opiates, you would use mjh & painkillers to try and get a better quality of life by controlling the pain in order to function and some people have better pain control with medical Marijuana while others just get tired I'm the latter but i will take a great night of sleep or a couple hours to nap on my bad days i just wish they wouldn't have cut my pain meds cuz other people are drug addicts I'm sorry but i didn't abuse my meds and now I'm on nothing, in agony 24/7 and all together just wish i was strong enough to kill myself and articles like this do nothing to help because what works or is true for a control group is fact for everyone,  **** out of here this countrys medical system is a ****ing joke i truly hope others dont have to struggle and suffer like i do but everything i am going through is 100% avoidable and 100% doctors fault. 

River   Paws Up 18,821
River
24 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Where does it say this?

Here’s her bio:

Gabrielle is an NHMRC Australian Public Health Early Career Fellowship recipient and has worked at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), Faculty of Medicine, UNSW, since 2006. Gabrielle's PhD, completed in 2016, focused on suicidal behaviours amongst people living with chronic non-cancer pain and has been crucial in identifying chronic non-cancer pain as a suicide risk-factor. Gabrielle's research interests include pharmaceutical opioids, opioid dependence and suicidal behaviours amongst people living with chronic non-cancer pain. She currently coordinates a large prospective study examining the benefits and outcomes of prescription opioids for chronic pain, the Pain and Opioids IN Treatment (POINT) study. 

she probably doing 2 researches, if you notice the suicidal one ended in 2016 but the weed one started in 2014, so she did 2 thesis.. and she’s in an “early career fellowship” she’s not even a post-doc yet..

Edited by River
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Pacify Him   Paws Up 6,891
Pacify Him

A madeup claim by the addicts as always. Addiction of any kind sets bad results. I never approved Cannabis being available to the public

• LMAO 1
I’m getting on your nerves

Shipper   Paws Up 5,034
Shipper

I read the article. 

My problem is that the journal this study was published in ALSO published an article saying MMR vaccine caused autism (which they have retracted.) 

Im on the fence on this one research.

• Like 1
Box me up

Craig Barnes   Paws Up 8,435
Craig Barnes

I use CBD oil to recover after swimming sometimes, and it really does work

Guess who's back back back back back again