A Star Is Born
science

Canabis Doesn't Relieve Pain: New Study

Featured Posts

Sharyu   Paws Up 18,550
Sharyu

A large study stretching over a 4-year period challenges popular beliefs, as it finds "no evidence" that cannabis use improves the symptoms of chronic pain.

Due to opioids' side effects and highly addictive nature, researchers and patients alike are now turning to medical marijuana, or cannabis, as a potentially safer alternative.

Although cannabis use was common in the study sample, the researchers found "no evidence that cannabis use improved patient outcomes."

Campbell and team found "no evidence of a temporal relationship between cannabis use and pain severity," nor did they find any link with the extent to which pain interfered with the participants' daily lives.

In fact, the opposite was revealed. "People who used cannabis had greater pain and lower self-efficacy in managing pain." Despite this, says the study's lead author, the patients reported "perceived benefits from cannabis use."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322383.php

• LMAO 3
  • Shook 2
Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully

Matangi   Paws Up 1,712
Matangi

im interested in more studies surrounding cannabis considering how little has been conducted. definitely not well understood, but i smoke everyday so :lana:

• Like 2

joemayzin   Paws Up 1,956
joemayzin

I’ve had bad feet/legs my whole life and after an intensive workout or night out dancing sometimes I’d be in a lot of pain but I would chill with Mary Jane Holland and to be honest, I felt more relaxed feeling minimal pain from my injures over the years!

guess I’m a freak then :stalkga: 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Indeciso   Paws Up 142
Indeciso
2 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

it's a conspiracy tbh

Don't know if you're joking or not, but that went instantly in my head.

How weird that this study shows up shortly after cannabis began being legalized in some places.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sharyu   Paws Up 18,550
Sharyu
7 minutes ago, Indeciso said:

Don't know if you're joking or not, but that went instantly in my head.

How weird that this study shows up shortly after cannabis began being legalized in some places.

She's been working in her field of study for over a decade, but it's common knowledge that studies tend to contradict one another, it's only time where a study contradicts hers', and so on and so forth.

Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully

River   Paws Up 18,821
River

it's a PH.D thesis:ladyhaha:

Edited by River
  • Like 2
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

holy scheisse   Paws Up 5,353
holy scheisse

Hmm.. Well Imo it's not a painkiller , aka narcotic. IIt's more like a distraction. It makes you feel at ease and your pain bothers you less..

But also I don't trust anything nowadays. Very well could be funded research by big pharma companies that do not want to give weed any credit for it's medicinal purposes :messga: idk what it is, maybe my president is to blame, but truth doesn't seem like a tangible thing to me anymore. :messga: I'm literally having an existential trial crisis, I've been triggered

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

holy scheisse   Paws Up 5,353
holy scheisse
27 minutes ago, River said:

it's a PH.D thesis:ladyhaha:

Lmao:cryga:

Eggsy   Paws Up 4,283
Eggsy

If people dont see this as Big Pharms coming to kill then your blind lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rumours1977   Paws Up 15,074
Rumours1977

Wow. This article was very... blunt :poot:

• LMAO 3

Rescued   Paws Up 4,343
Rescued

tbh it totally works for me and that's all I care about :giggle:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

QueenHunty   Paws Up 1,329
QueenHunty

I'm a regular user, I think it just effects everyone differently. For those who use it for pain, it probably helps them ignore the pain and it spaces you out and makes you only focus on one thing at a time, so the pain probably seems lowered. For me, sometimes it actually increases my pain and it becomes the only thing I can think about. I think its pain relieving effects are probably more mental than anything else. 

• Like 2

GypsyBabe   Paws Up 14,831
GypsyBabe

As someone who suffers chronic pain, I have opted to not use marijuana because of research like this. It shifts your bodies perception of pain rather than just relieving it and can actually cause problems down the road. 

• Like 1