A Star Is Born
society

US takes anti-breastfeeding stance

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 44,902
Morphine Prince

A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breast-feeding” and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.

When that failed, they turned to threats, according to diplomats and government officials who took part in the discussions. Ecuador, which had planned to introduce the measure, was the first to find itself in the cross hairs.

The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 8
I got two red pills to take the blues away.

LePetitMonstr   Paws Up 20,960
LePetitMonstr

This country:deadbanana:

I’m glad other nations are forming alliences. :applause:

• Love 1

ryanliarripley   Paws Up 73,628
ryanliarripley

let the babbits eat the tiddies

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 44,902
Morphine Prince

Pro-life as long as your baby is on our formula even though they could be naturally breastfed but we value our capitalist interests over nature. 

• Like 10
I got two red pills to take the blues away.

iCpro   Paws Up 11,749
iCpro

America’s ****ed.

• Like 2
Look Michael! Look what the homosexuals have done to me!

mmmmmonster   Paws Up 222
mmmmmonster
9 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

This country:deadbanana:

I’m glad other nations are forming alliences. :applause:

Remember most of us voted against this! We can’t help it!

4 minutes ago, iCpro said:

America’s ****ed.

Save us!:messga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
boom boom cherry

Rumours1977   Paws Up 15,074
Rumours1977

Thank god they did this! It says it explicitly in the Bible:

”Though shalt not fondle or receive pleasure from the breasts of a female till marriage #BabiesNeedToStopPissingOffGod” ~ 5 Peter 3:14

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4

Haiii   Paws Up 3,819
Haiii

You know, even when Trump was elected into office it never really hit me that maybe the US finally reached its intellectual and moral death. This made me realise that it has and so much worse.

Edited by Haiii
  • Like 1

RAMROD   Paws Up 31,360
RAMROD

Hmmm, babies need their mothers milk for first 6 months for the baby's own health. This is terrible move.

• Like 1
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me ♥

Fable   Paws Up 14,518
Fable

"If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced."

Over f*cking breastfeeding :deadbanana:  Never mind the upholding "American values" stuff, 'cause clearly that's really of no concern, but way to make allies America.... Just bully smaller countries into submission. That will lead to long term loyalty and trust...

Also like do Trump and his team have no understanding for nuance? The U.S have an interest in Ecuador helping them fight in their cannabis and cocaine trade war, they have an interest in Ecuador's economic development... I understand that things have been strained a little with Julian Assange's political asylum in Ecuador but like... Threatening to withdraw crucial military aid would not be great for the U.S, threatening punishment in terms of trade shouldn't be your first call in diplomacy... Those things should be left as consequences for a very serious breakdown in relations not over disagreements over the promotion of ****ing breast milk.

• Like 3

PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 68,164
PunkTheFunk

How effing stupid do you have to be to oppose breastfeeding? Dear lord :saladga:

ARTPOP2   Paws Up 1,547
ARTPOP2
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

How effing stupid do you have to be to oppose breastfeeding? Dear lord :saladga:

It's never stupid when money and corporate interests are in the equation. You gotta love capitalism!