A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
question

Artist of the Decade?

Featured Posts

Nebulous   Paws Up 830
Nebulous
1 hour ago, Successfulga said:

They are only successful. None of them had any impact.

Can’t tell if you’re really being serious or just out of touch, lol. I don’t see Drake having any long lasting impact but Taylor and Adele most certainly do. Not really in terms of iconic visuals but just in their artistry — tons of young people literally picked up a guitar and started taking lessons because of Taylor. Adele also greatly influenced the music landscape once 21 smashed in the electronic era. 

What’s your point, anyway? I’m strictly talking about success seeing as AOTD is based on that :rip: 

Edited by Nebulous
  • Like 2

SHALLOW   Paws Up 4,286
SHALLOW

What’s up with everyone saying Adele?

She’s very talented but that’s that. She’s been serving the same scheisse for years now. :triggered:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Don't you know my a$$ is famous?

ThisGuyTony   Paws Up 3,508
ThisGuyTony

They're gonna base it off sales and charts. :madge: 

PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 68,169
PunkTheFunk

Gaga for the first 2 years of the decade without a doubt :firega: 

If we're looking at the decade as a whole, I'd say Beyonce.

GypsyBabe   Paws Up 14,832
GypsyBabe
1 hour ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

What’s up with everyone saying Adele?

She’s very talented but that’s that. She’s been serving the same scheisse for years now. :triggered:

Adele altered the music landscape. I agree that all of her stuff sounds the same, but she has both sales and impact. 

WokePop   Paws Up 2,611
WokePop

Lady Gaga is the right answer

plus I don’t really know how so many of y’all see Adele as an artist tbh. she’s hardly one.

Edited by WokePop
"cause my love's a bullet with your name written on it, just load it and spin it."

AlexanderMagno   Paws Up 5,562
AlexanderMagno

Adele. The only girl who gets close to the title is Rihanna.

Gaga was definitely the artist of the first half of the decade, but she was unable to sustain that success. Adele and Rihanna remained on top for the whole decade.

As for a male artist, probably Bruno Mars or Ed Sheeran.

KingRedd   Paws Up 1,802
KingRedd

I see a lot of Adele and I’m very confused. Artist of the decade gives me “all around” vibe. Adele is not a great performer and doesn’t have amazing stage presence or music videos. She sells a lot and has a very beautiful voice, but it ends there.

I honestly feel like Gaga has made the most changes and has morphed herself Into something entirely new. 2010 Gaga and 2018 Gaga are vastly different yet very similar. The others y’all named are still the same as they’ve always been.

Beyonce would be my alternate. Consistent, talented voice, performance skills, popularity and longevity.  

May I Read You? 😎

Sebastiaan De Graaf   Paws Up 25
Sebastiaan De Graaf

Lady Gaga was especially famous from 2008-2012 and afterwards she still had some decent hits but not huge ones (Applause had a lot of hype but lost from Roar which made it a decent instead of a huge hit). She has the package, critical acclaim and tour sales but I think the underperformances of ARTPOP and Joanne destroys her chances to be the artist of the decade.

Adele has the most album sales without doubt (I expect around 50m sales). She also has around 7 huge hits but the amount of time between each of her album declines her chance of this title. Anyway, she has a lot of views with a few singles so that increases her chance on the other hand.

Drake could have a huge chance to win this title because of his sales. Anyway, I don't know much about him so I don't know how succesfull he is with touring and stuff. He is the streaming king but he doesn't have much pure sales. He's very popular anyway. The only thing is that he really blew up with Hotline Bling as solo artist which was in 2015.

Bruno Mars has had the success but somehow I don't see him getting the title. Yes he is popular but he's not the KING.

Katy Perry needs more critical acclaim to get the title. And Witness also kind of destroyed her chances for this title. Plus her album sales are not great. On the other hand, she is the current queen of YouTube and she has a lot of videos with more than 400 million views. Her net worth is huge.

Rihanna could have a big chance. She may be more a single artist than an album artist, she has very succesfull singles and she has released 4 albums this decade which did pretty good (not bad at least). Especially Anti smashed. She also has a lot of youtube views. Still wonder when she'll return btw.

Ed Sheeran is also someone with a big chance. He literally blew up at the beginning of the decade and produced 3 monster albums and several huge hits. Shape Of You was the hit of 2017 and Thinking Out Loud of 2014. He also has a lot of critical acclaim and youtube views.

Beyoncé has the appeal but I don't see her as THE artist of this decade. More like last decade (female artists at least) along with Britney and Christina. Come and fight me:oops:

Taylor Swift has a very big chance. Her tour net worth is over a billion dollars, she has the most awarded country and pop album of all time, she has a big nethworth, she has the views, she has a lot of Hot 100 entries and she has the most album sales of a female aritst this decade if you don't count Adele. The only thing is she isn't a mainstream artist which is why she doesn't have tons of hits like Adele or Katy Perry but she has the critical acclaim despite being dragged by the media and Kim&Kanye. She also has songwriting skills.

So I would say Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Rihanna, Adele, Drake or Ed Sheeran. It's a hard one this decade

SlaeUrAnus   Paws Up 10,448
SlaeUrAnus

Adele or Taylor Swift.

Open Up Your Heart And Your Mind To Me.