💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

SOPHIE Introduction

gag

Featured Posts

gag

Since a lot of the comments on the thread confirming that she worked with Gaga were 'WHO?????????', this is a very brief overview into SOPHIE's magnificent being. There's a lot more to her career, which you can find on Wikipedia, but these are stuff that's relevant here.

DfxTNJ8UwAAoOWI.jpg

WHOM?

Sophie Xeon is a Scottish singer, songwriter and record producer. She is known for her synthesized and "hyperkinetic" take on pop music and she works closely with artists from the PC Music label. She came to prominence with singles such as 'Bipp' and 'Lemonade', which ended up on her compilation album 'Product', which was released in 2015. After 3 years, she released her debut album Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides in 2018 to critical acclaim and underground adoration.

HA GENDER?

I see a lot of y'all being unknowingly ignorant but let's make it clear that SOPHIE is a transgender woman with she/her pronouns.

HA DISCOGRAPHY?

SOPHIE has shown herself to be capable of a variety of genres under the umbrella of pop. Firstly, her PC-oriented pop music in her credits for Charli XCX's 'Vroom Vroom', 'Lipgloss' and 'Out of My Head'.

Secondly, her work on MØ's 'Nights With You' shows her to be viable in creating actual on-trend pop if y'all are worried about that. Even further into her production credits, her work with Vince Staples and Kendrick Lamar on 'Yeah Right' renders her just as capable in producing eccentric avant-rap/hip-hop as she is pop. She also did co-production on 'Bitch I'm Madonna' alongside Diplo but we don't talk about that because she's uncredited.

And of course, her own stuff can go from gorgeous synthy electro-ballads in the veins of 'It's Okay to Cry' and 'Is It Cold in the Water?' to the absolute batshit-ness of 'Faceshopping', 'Ponyboy', and 'Immaterial' (which is a bop BTW). I think there's no point explaining her own work it's just something you just have to... listen to.

IMO Faceshopping is very explanatory of the kind of artist she is. Her lyrics often touch on themes of materiality and gender while sprawling under gritty and metallic beats.

Sidenote: I'm mostly focusing her second album because her first compilation album is probably less representative of the music she'll be doing with Gaga. Also 'Faceshopping' is a somewhat-evolved version of her previous sound but y'all can check 'Product' out as well because it's also good.

HA ACCLAIM?

Her first full-length album is currently sitting at a 87 on Metacritic while her compilation album sits at 74. Pitchfork notes her album to be "sprawling and beautiful, while still keeping the disorienting, latex-pop feel of her fascinating production technique" in their 8.6/10 review (and if you know Pitchfork, you would know this is high). In terms of production, her work on Vince Staples' Big Fish Theory is often considered the best song on the album from fans and critics alike. 

Basically... critics like her and fans love her.

CONCLUSION

Her style of pop may be your taste or it may not be. Just know that Gaga brings out something different in every producer she works with and Gaga's first ventures into PC Music should be hailed as a potential step into the future of pop. As Peter Boulos said in his review of SOPHIE's first album: This is the kind of music that, in 20 years, we may look back on as a pivotal point in changing the trajectory of the pop music sound.

TL;DR: SOPHIE is great and we better PRAY Gagie keeps her on LG6 because I need those songs in my life.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Silvestro Devacelli

gaga’s coming to change music industry agaain yaaaaaas :excited:

inb4 she scrapes it and releases million reasons remix produced by mark nilan 

Pacify Him

Gaga and Sophie about to make another gay anthem :giveup: I need another dark gay edm like Ponyboy but with Gaga :party:

I’m getting on your nerves

Tom Nook

Y’ALL better start getting into her, because she serves in her productions 

7x1q.gif 

Spoiler

And if ya still don’t like her well you better deal because this what y’all get for not wanting another Joanne :ph34r: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Fish

faceshoping is straight up scary. I felt like listening to the jigsaw reboot soundtrack in 2050.

But regardless of my taste, thanks for the effort. I read and listened. 

The Louvre

What is PC Music? Political Correct Music? I googled it and only a record label came up.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

FfFfFfFF
Just now, The Louvre said:

What is PC Music? Political Correct Music? I googled it and only a record label came up.

It means like amateur EDM music.

PC = personal computer.

gag
14 minutes ago, The Louvre said:

12 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It means like amateur EDM music.

PC = personal computer.

'PC Music' is a record label but due to the label's style of pop it's now considered a subgenre in itself (among internet music people at least). It's known for 'surreal or exaggerated take on pop music, often featuring pitch-shifted, feminine vocals and bright, synthetic textures'. Examples!

+ all of Charli's stuff after Sucker (so Vroom Vroom, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2).

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LordEnigma

Faceshopping - WOW.

If Gaga pulls this vibe, I’m going to cry.

DrKindnessKunt1999

Another thing that might excite monsters is that SOPHIE is rumored to be the person who produced Gaga’s Coachella intro:

...which suspiciously kind of sounds like

Magneto

Thanks for this post! She caught my attention ever since I was obsessing over 'Vroom Vroom', but I never bothered to do some research. I'm listening to her album as we speak and I'm already in love with 'Faceshopping' :diane:

Free my mind

Twitter

GAGA x SOPHIE :diane:

tumblr_inline_opvkxn4Plw1ujy1wn_540.gif

Get into SOPHIE a bit more cause Gaga always brings the best out of anyone she had worked with.

Archived