💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER

Dear GGD members,

I am really proud and excited, as the winner of the first contest, to announce the opening of our 2nd season of the GGD Song Contest: SUMMER EDITION! 

giphy.gif

This is a platform for all of the musicians, songwriters, DJs and producers out there who want to share their music for the rest of us. GGD is looking for talented members to compete in the ultimate showdown of composers. If you like making music, this is the right place for you to get feedback, get to know fellow GGD musicians and to find out if your song has what it takes to WIN! :music:

How are we going to play this?
You will compete with a self-written song. All GGD Members have the chance to vote for their favorite song. The song with the most votes will win a secret prize! 

The competition will be played in 3 STAGES:

STAGE 1: SIGN-UPS:

Spoiler

- If you have read the rules, you are free to sign up for the contest.
- You only need to announce yourself to participate. Inform in this thread the hoster that you’re participating.

- If there are more than 30 participants, the first 30 relevant participants (according to the hoster) will be running this competition.
- The game will only be played if we can find a minimum of 10 contestants

- The hoster can refuse to let someone in the competition if it’s needed or if the person has broken a rule (see below for the rules).
- Sign-ups will be open for 1 month. 
- You have to send the hoster your song during this sign-up period. 
- The official participants with their songs will be announce by the hoster the day of the deadline for the sign-ups. From then, you are allowed to promote your song.

STAGE 2: VOTING & PROMOTION:

Spoiler

Voting system:
You rank your 10 favorite songs FROM BEST TO WORST. Meaning that your #1 is the best and your #10 the least favorite. Nr. 1 song will receive 12 points, your Nr. 2 song 10 points and your Nr. 3 song 8 points. The rest of the songs will receive 7-1 points. The songs that are not in your top 10 receive 0 points. The song with the most points wins!

- GGD members have to send their votes to the hoster in PM. If someone tells another who he voted for or if someone publishes his votes in this thread, he is excluded of the competition. If he’s not part of the competition, his votes will not be counted.
- Every GGD Member can vote. Every participant HAS TO vote. YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN SONG. If your votes include your song, it won’t be counted. 
- If a participant does not send the hoster his votes, he will lose half his points.
- During the voting phase, you can promote your song and make sure people vote for your song
Promotion:
- Keep as much of the promotion as possible in the MAIN THREAD! We don’t want to spam the forum.
- Promotion includes: explaining what the song means to you, explaining what inspired you, describing how you wrote the song, posting visuals (like single covers, videos, …), posting interviews (you can interview yourself), etc.
- Ask your friends on GGD to participate in the voting for more chance to win! 
- Promotion is fun, but it doesn’t mean that it necessarily increases your chances of winning. After all, it is the quality of the song that counts, so don’t worry if you can’t create visuals or something.

STAGE 3: THE FINAL CEREMONY:

Spoiler

- The final ceremony will take place after the voting phase has ended. The date will be announced by the hoster later. 
- All the points of all the voters will be added up and revealed
- The song with the most points wins the GGD Song Contest award. The hoster can add a special prize! 

RULES:

Spoiler

- It has to be an original song. Plagiarism leads to a lifetime exclusion from this competition. 
- It can not be a remix.
- Instrumentals are allowed.

- Lyrics are not allowed. If you only have lyrics, you better find someone who only has an instrumental to collaborate.
- The song can not be longer than 5 minutes.
- All genres are allowed and welcome.
- Sampling is allowed, though you have to get the approbation of the hoster. It is better for you to show as soon as possible the sample you want to use to the hoster so you can quickly work on another song if the hoster does not accept it.
- The song must be uploaded to some form of social media: Youtube, Soundcloud, Clyp.it, etc. 
- You don’t have to write a new song! You can also choose one of your older songs. However, it is recommended that you choose a song that you haven’t extensively promoted already on GGD. Also, if you choose an older song, you should probably tweak it to show something new (adding a verse, changing the lyrics, editing, recording the voice again etc.).

- You can not submit a song that you already submitted in an older season.
- You can not share your song before it is officially presented by the hoster. It has to stay secret.
- No highly offensive lyrics are allowed.
- The hoster is the winner of the last contest. If the winner of the last contest does not want to host the next season, the last hoster choose one of the participants, on demand, to host the next season.
- The hoster can not participate in the contest.
- For the summer edition, the song you submit has to be related to summer (warmth, sun, fun, ...). That doesn't mean it can't be slow but it has to have summer vibes.
- For the winter edition, the song you submit has to be related to winter. That doesn't mean it can't be a happy song. The need of winter vibes for the winter edition is not as strong as the need of summer vibes for the summer edition. Therefore you can submit your song for the winter edition as long as it has not summer vibes in it.

- The rules can be changed if someone asks for it in this thread. The monsters who have already been hosters and the current hoster will decide if your proposition is accepted or not.
You are alleged aware of the rules so if you break one, even unconsciously, you will be disqualified.

DEADLINES:

Spoiler

Sign-ups/song submission: AUGUST 11TH
Announcement of the songs and participants: AUGUST 12TH --> promo period
Votes: until AUGUST 26TH
Final ceremony/announcement of the winner: SEPTEMBER 2TH

LINKS:

HISTORY:

Spoiler

SEASON 1: hoster: @tomsches - winner: @NIGHTCRAWLER with "Gasoline"

SEASON 2: hoster: @NIGHTCRAWLER - winner: @Abramovic aka Woodrake with "Stalker"

!!!! If you decide to participate, you have to READ THE RULES !!!! You are alleged aware of the rules so if you break one, even unconsciously, you will be disqualified.

So, go to work little musicians! We are all excited and looking forward to hear the best you have for us. THIS SEASON IS YOURS! :vegas:

The hoster of this GGD Contest Season 2 is  @NIGHTCRAWLER

Special thank to @tomsches and @Harry X

Edited by NIGHTCRAWLER
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 3

Andreu

I've read the rules and I want to participate

Can I decide later if I'm making a new song or I use one of the ones that are up on my soundcloud already, mr host?

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, Bottleblonde said:

:legend:participating again!

WIG!! Happy to hear that! :staymad:

• Like 1

homomo

My third single just dropped today! So, I will gladly participate with that :music:

• YAAAS 2

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I've read the rules and I want to participate

Can I decide later if I'm making a new song or I use one of the ones that are up on my soundcloud already, mr host?

Of course, you have to sign-up until the 29th July. You are now participating since the only requirement is to say that you want to participate in this thread. The 29th July, I will announce all the participants and give another deadline. You will have time to work on your song during this time as well. When the deadline for the submission is reached, then I announce every participant with every song and give another deadline (:oops:) for the end of the votings! 

NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, LadySkrillex said:

I don’t think I’m going to be able to participate this time :S.

oh, why? That's sad! I hope you'll get your sh*t together and that you'll participate! 

• LMAO 2

Ms I am a local
8 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

oh, why? That's sad! I hope you'll get your sh*t together and that you'll participate! 

The thing is that I’m on vacations and I won’t return to my home in a long time. But I don’t know, maybe I can still do something :wtfga:. Also, lmao at the user who reacted with lmao.

• Like 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, LadySkrillex said:

The thing is that I’m on vacations and I won’t return to my home in a long time. But I don’t know, maybe I can still do something :wtfga:. Also, lmao at the user who reacted with lmao.

okay let me know

Haralampos

Guys I think in the first stage you have actually a month from today to make the song and give it to @NIGHTCRAWLER in a PM. So the deadline it's until August 5. If you already have a song to participate you can send your song (SoundCloud or YouTube links). You must keep your song secret until the songs' announcement and after that you're allowed to promote your song for a specific time with buy/stream links, music video, lyric video, photos, lyrics and anything you want to say for your song or about you as an artist. The rules are the same (plus the final twist) and artists that have already participate in the first season must come with a newer song than the last time. The real challenge is to make an original song in a month, if not you can still participate as the last time. Good luck to everyone and read the rules! :excited:

Edited by Harry X

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 hour ago, Harry X said:

Guys I think in the first stage you have actually a month from today to make the song and give it to @NIGHTCRAWLER in a PM. So the deadline it's until August 5. If you already have a song to participate you can send your song (SoundCloud or YouTube links). You must keep your song secret until the songs' announcement and after that you're allowed to promote your song for a specific time with buy/stream links, music video, lyric video, photos, lyrics and anything you want to say for your song or about you as an artist. The rules are the same (plus the final twist) and artists that have already participate in the first season must come with a newer song than the last time. The real challenge is to make an original song in a month, if not you can still participate as the last time. Good luck to everyone and read the rules! :excited:

Everybody please read again the deadlines, they changed !!!!! Also, I changed some of the rules/things in the stages, and I put 'em in bold. Please read those. Thank you and sorry for the mistake! 

• Love 1

calmar

SEPTEMBER 2TH

might want to fix that too 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない