Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

Haralampos
59 minutes ago, Harry said:

After I was stripped of my winners title only due to the fact that I was UNABLE to vote? No thanks. That was more about some weird dramatic reality TV-esque twist than it was celebrating each other's work - as it was initially laid out to be. If it's anything like that I don't want to be involved.

The voting took place 4 weeks in total, 2 weeks before the final, @tomsches announced  that the participants who didn't send him their votes had a slight advantage over those who voted. So their votes will be reduced if they do not vote, I asked him to add extra dates and I was remind all of you to vote for a fair result. Personally, I was not happy about the position I took. If other members had voted then it should not have to been done like that. I support the contest and I would suggest you to try again. :)

Edited by Harry X
  • Like 2

Haralampos

I would like to know your opinion for the voting system. Do you believe the last time was fair enough or not?

Haralampos
5 minutes ago, gstring said:

Omg... I'm not prepared yet

You have a month or 29 dates or 696 hours or 41.760 minutes.

That's a lot of time. :P

Harry
16 minutes ago, Harry X said:

The voting took place 4 weeks in total, 2 weeks before the final, @tomsches announced  that the participants who didn't send him their votes had a slight advantage over those who voted. So their votes will be reduced if they do not vote, I asked him to add extra dates and I was remind all of you to vote for a fair result. Personally, I was not happy about the position I took. If other members would vote then it would not have to be done like that. I support the contest and I would suggest you to try again. :)

I was restricted from posting so I wasn't even on GGD. I had all my votes prepared but couldn't send - I even still have them on a file on my laptop. If I knew that the appreciation for my work was going to be diminished because of something like that I wouldn't have entered in the first place.

I don't think it was fair, because it wasn't rewarding what GGD users voted for. I think it's better to say from the very beginning (as it has been said for this edition) that all participants MUST vote, rather than pull the rug from under people as a dramatic "twist" when the votes are revealed. That isn't fair at all. It shits on people's work because of a rule that was never laid out from the beginning. Like I said, it ended up being like some kind of reality TV show competition "twist" rather than a real celebration of everybody's work.

I agree that everyone should vote anyway, but in a situation like mine I physically couldn't send unless I voted in like the first week. I wanted to hold out and see if my opinions changed because of promotion etc. It's not even about me not winning - I just wanted to defend myself now since I couldn't at the time and everybody seemed to have something to say about it.

Haralampos
29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was restricted from posting so I wasn't even on GGD. I had all my votes prepared but couldn't send - I even still have them on a file on my laptop. If I knew that the appreciation for my work was going to be diminished because of something like that I wouldn't have entered in the first place.

I don't think it was fair, because it wasn't rewarding what GGD users voted for. I think it's better to say from the very beginning (as it has been said for this edition) that all participants MUST vote, rather than pull the rug from under people as a dramatic "twist" when the votes are revealed. That isn't fair at all. It shits on people's work because of a rule that was never laid out from the beginning. Like I said, it ended up being like some kind of reality TV show competition "twist" rather than a real celebration of everybody's work.

I agree that everyone should vote anyway, but in a situation like mine I physically couldn't send unless I voted in like the first week. I wanted to hold out and see if my opinions changed because of promotion etc. It's not even about me not winning - I just wanted to defend myself now since I couldn't at the time and everybody seemed to have something to say about it.

I think I remember you couldn't post in the thread or something. I forgot that. You couldn't even send @tomsches your votes in PM?

I don't know the technical stuff and how the forum works and the limitations, but we can't change that. If the votes from members exceeded the contestants' then it would not affect the final result. The participants that didn't vote was many and influenced the result. Your song was really touching and I was one of many others that voted you and I believe it was just a bad timing. You should try again for everyone that voted you and loved your song. It's up to you.

Edited by Harry X
  • Like 1

homomo
30 minutes ago, Harry said:

What was the twist?

Haralampos
2 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

What was the twist?

The participants who didn't give their votes then they lost half the votes of each rating. Or something like this. @tomsches can explain it better. :duck:

tomsches

Dear @Harry

I am sorry that you Feel upset and I can truly understand where your disappointment comes from. Please Let me give you my point of View. 

It was stated from the beginning that you ser disqualified from the contest if you ser banned from this site. I had to disqualify 2 other members because they were banned during the sign up Stage. Even if you're Not entirely banned from this site but you are only restricted from Posting, it means that you broke the rules of the forum. You cannot win an online game in a Forum from which you are banned because you broke its rules. 

I decided to Keep you in the competition because I saw that you reveived so many points. And I still Wanted to Reward you for that. 

I wasnt Happy about the twist either but I had to do something because NUMEROUS contestants rightfully complained about the fact that not voting gives you an advantage and that it is unfair of them to send in a Song to promote without even caring to listen to the others work (I know you listened to the songs it concerned other members). So I thought someone should who actually played the game.

As far as I remember you got 12 points from almost everybody and in the end even though your points were divided by 2 you still reached nr 4. That is a lot of Appreciation I Think. And Please don't get me wrong but ranting over only being nr 4 in an online game is just as reality tv dramatic as the twist about which, again, I wasnt Happy. But I had to do something to ensure the game was fair for those who actually played it. 

Now he's gone is an amazing song and I still know the lyrics and the Melody. I hope you will continue writing such beautiful melodies and meaningful lyricd. Cant wait to hear more from you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
12 hours ago, Harry said:

After I was stripped of my winners title only due to the fact that I was UNABLE to vote? No thanks. That was more about some weird dramatic reality TV-esque twist than it was celebrating each other's work - as it was initially laid out to be. If it's anything like that I don't want to be involved.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the game... The rules are the rules, and if you do not vote, it increases your chances to win, that's why we had to make it that way. That was nothing about dramatic reality TV-esque or whatever. You are talented. I hope you'll change your mind and take your revenge.

Edited by NIGHTCRAWLER
  • Like 1

Oriane
10 hours ago, Harry said:

I remember you were able to watch the results and ask a friend to tell us that you were happy to win... Surely you could have found to way to send your rates ?

I think the "participants must vote" rule was logical, even if it was not stated in the original rules, it's obvious that if you care about this, you take the time to listen to the other songs and you vote. But a week before the results, I think not even half of the participants had voted. If only one or two people hadn't voted, it wouldn't have been a big deal I think, but here it was just rude from most of these participants who probably just didn't care enough.

@tomsches was kind enough to warn everyone a few days before the results so it wasn't even a big twist. Participants who didn't play along had it coming.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 hours ago, roy loves gaga said:

Here's a snippet of my song!

Nowhere, we're going nowhere fas-

Wait

Just here to remind you that you can't share your song yet. It's one of the rules, be careful! 

Spoiler

let's get lost you can take me home, somewhere nice we can be alone :party:

Edited by NIGHTCRAWLER
  • YAAAS 1