💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

VMAs promote Gaga's Applause performance

dit

Featured Posts

vinster13
33 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

This. As much as I love Gaga the simple tea is she hasn't been as consitent with video releases and it'd be kind of silly to award her for having an iconic videography from essentially the first half of her career. We need at least one visual heavy album more imo. 

wrong.

2013: applause

2014: G.U.Y.

2015: c2c era: cute stuff

2016: perfect illusion

2017: john wayne

2018: Joanne

sure she hasn’t been ‘serving’ visuals but ARTPOP didn’t do well, so not as many visuals as usual, and Joanne was simply not a visual heavy era that ~needed~ to be groundbreaking.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hoeslay
3 minutes ago, seXXX dreams said:

wrong.

2013: applause

2014: G.U.Y.

2015: c2c era: cute stuff

2016: perfect illusion

2017: john wayne

2018: Joanne

sure she hasn’t been ‘serving’ visuals but ARTPOP didn’t do well, so not as many visuals as usual, and Joanne was simply not a visual heavy era that ~needed~ to be groundbreaking.

I said iconic videography. 

The VMAs is about the GP. 

Everything from 2014 forward wasn't a huge success among the GP. Only G.U.Y. and John Wayne were super visually compelling as well. 

Raccoon

I think she deserves the Vanguard.

You guys saying her MV in the last five years has been weak but let's remember she only has 5 albums, which ONE of them served kind of poor videos (tbh only MR is poor and even so, the visuals for Joanne matched the theme so it's not a downgrade).

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

dit

To those saying the visuals of Joanne matched the music. Yes I agree it did however imo there is a way to execute simplicity in a much better way where it doesn't feel so poorly executed. I mean some angles, POV shots and frame sequencing were just flat out bad in the Joanne mvs we received (again just imo). We arnt saying she isn't deserving of it btw. We are just saying it'd make more sense for them to award her after the next era which we know will probably be way more visually compelling. I know the award is based on the over all career but it would feel more iconic if she received it after another excellently executed visual oriented era. Nothing wrong with that.

dit
5 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

I said iconic videography. 

The VMAs is about the GP. 

Everything from 2014 forward wasn't a huge success among the GP. Only G.U.Y. and John Wayne were super visually compelling as well. 

Honestly I'd argue that the John Wayne mv itself wasn't that great either. To me it felt like a desperate attempt at conjuring up the "Gaga essence" and it fell flat. I know this isn't a popular opinion but I feel like the Perfect Illusion mv was the only one that was really well done (as simple as it was). The turbulent vibe it portrayed fit so well with the song and it was well edited. You can tell Ruth actually REALLY worked hard on the video to look the way it did. It was on purpose. Where as John Wayne felt really poorly edited, spazzy and out of place (for me).

Battle 4 Ur Life

new single performance confirmed, YAS.

lol

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Doncho
6 minutes ago, dit said:

Honestly I'd argue that the John Wayne mv itself wasn't that great either. To me it felt like a desperate attempt at conjuring up the "Gaga essence" and it fell flat. I know this isn't a popular opinion but I feel like the Perfect Illusion mv was the only one that was really well done (as simple as it was). The turbulent vibe it portrayed fit so well with the song and it was well edited. You can tell Ruth actually REALLY worked hard on the video to look the way it did. It was on purpose. Where as John Wayne felt really poorly edited, spazzy and out of place (for me).

Agree on Jhon Wayne but not on Perfect Illusion. I dont think Ruth planned it that way. It was an improvised mess. The camera angels alone makes it one of the worst Gaga videos for me. Im glad people like it but I would rather watch MR or Cheek to Cheek studio videos :ohwell:

andy232000

While I do agree that it would be more Iconic for her to receive the award after a visual heavy era, let’s remember the Vanguard award is meant to celebrate the entire discography, so it’s not like having lukewarm visuals on the last album is necessarily bad. 

Tbh, idc when she gets it as long as she does the multiple performance medley. Some recipients did not perform 

dit
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

Agree on Jhon Wayne but not on Perfect Illusion. I dont think Ruth planned it that way. It was an improvised mess. The camera angels alone makes it one of the worst Gaga videos for me. Im glad people like it but I would rather watch MR or Cheek to Cheek studio videos :ohwell:

I completely understand. I guess all in all the Joanne era's visuals were very divisive. Let's hope the next era serves something we can almost all appreciate to some extent. :hug: 

Doncho
1 minute ago, dit said:

I completely understand. I guess all in all the Joanne era's visuals were very divisive. Let's hope the next era serves something we can almost all appreciate to some extent. :hug: 

I think most fans hate them though :selena:

But yeah its Gaga we are talking about, she always changes and evolve, so Im ready!

Cameron Royal
49 minutes ago, dit said:

Exactly how I see it. I mean she served record shattering mvs and Bad Romance is easily one of the most important and game changing mvs to have ever been released and she is certainly more deserving than nearly every other popstar that hasn't gotten the Vanguard yet but consistency is king and to award her with the vanguard after her least visually pleasing era would be odd imo. I'm all here for them giving it to her after the next era.

That being said the minute JT got the Vanguard I totally lost respect for that award. I mean he served hits but his mvs were never known to be great. I'd say his standout mv was Cry Me a River and that was only a big deal because of the Britney look a like he used in the video. Apart for that he really didnt deserve it. The other recipients certainly did tho but it just cheapens the award for me right now so even if they give it to Gaga this year after a bad series of mvs (imo) and a lack of mvs during these past 6 years she'd still be waaaayyyyy more deserving than he ever was (imo)

they should've given her the vanguard award during the ARTPOP era :neyde:

cameronroyal

dit
Just now, Doncho said:

I think most fans hate them though :selena:

But yeah its Gaga we are talking about, she always changes and evolve, so Im ready!

Surprisingly I feel like the members who dislike the visuals are in the minority lol (apart for MR...I think most didn't like that to some extent). I see tons of ppl who do nothing but praise them so I'm guessing the fan base actually enjoyed the videos tbh (which is nice / I'm happy that's the case)! It's the GP that sort of said "NOPE" as proven by the views the mvs got (which reflects the GP not the fan base).

Juanjo

They didn’t seem this supportive when she gave them her concept for her original performance. :classy:

joannesrats

I'm actually a big fan of the Joanne era visuals, especially from the tour and Coachella. People's biggest gripe is the MR video, but that isn't a bad video - it fits the song and it's simple. You aren't gonna have her out serving fashion with the wind in her hair singing about heartbreak, it doesn't make sense. You'd also tell her that she was trying to hard and it was overdramatic if there had been a narrative in it. 

In short, LMs are never happy, i won't be surprised if she does get the award, but I won't be surprised if she doesn't. 

Archived