💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Liberation down 92 spots on Billboard Top 200

brit4ever

Featured Posts

brit4ever
18 minutes ago, Bradley said:

At least Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are touring throughout the world. The rest... not so much.

Both are big names in the entertainment industry world wide, tickets for their shows will be selling out for years to come, if not for anything else for their legacy alone, my point however, is that none of RCA's artists is selling well. They don't have a huge new artist and no big rappers at the moment either. I don't know how they sustain their business, aside from Britney, P!nk and JT, who bring in some money by touring, they don't have many sources of income, honestly. 
Also I think that they are an awfull lable, there's no other explanation of why every artist signed to them is underperforming since years, they honestly need to quit the industry, they are obviously not making it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brit4ever
5 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

It's not just the age of the star but the age of their career. Nicki's breakthrough was in 2010/11 so she's not even 10 years into her career. Xtina debuted in 1999 so she's been around for almost 20 years. So you can't really compare them both. 

And Beyoncé is an exception, to be honest. She's probably the only superstar who became even bigger after 20 years in the industry. 

she became bigger domestically, but WW her peak was Sasha Fierce and she is declining since than. Her last WW hit was Halo and that was 10 years ago. But I agree that she is one of the few, if not the only one, that sustained their career and is still as huge as 20 years ago.

jaXXXon
2 hours ago, brit4ever said:

although Liberation is mediocre imo, it should've done better. 

According to YOU, because its reviews are better than almost any Britney album. Please always add "according to me" when you talk about the album, because it sounds like it's a general opinion that Liberation is mediocre when it is NOT. 

venusfly
9 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

How does she make her label money tho? Residuals?

The vast majority of artists do not make their labels money, it's pretty normal. Only the largest of stars actually turn a profit. X could release flop album after flop album without being dropped because people are forgetting that labels don't only sign superstars. Similarly, artists rarely make a cent off of their actual releases even if they are hits, music doesn't make money anymore in the streaming era.

The real money is in touring, labels and artists alike can make quite a decent profit with tours even if they're not giant. 

Weasel
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

She's 37 years old and Beyonce is 36 years old. Apparently Nicki Minaj is 35 years old.

The latter two are still pretty relevant in the industry. The problem with Christina Aguilera is that she doesn't write catchy songs, doesn't have a good stage persona, people don't find it interesting to watch her live.

Her attitude and all also don't seem superstar like, like she's seen as a really small artist in comparison to names like Gaga, Beyonce, Britney or Katy.

Hency why I said that it goes for the majority of the industry. 

But one could still argue that even Beyonce seems to struggle to get airplay these days (or a hit). But then again, she's also an exception because she doesn't really do singles anymore. 

bionic
16 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

How does she make her label money tho? Residuals?

Oreo adverts 

buy bionic

BornSimon
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

More? It will happen to basically all. She's getting too old, the youth doesn't relate to her anymore or doesn't want to. Instead they relate to you know, Ariana, Dua Lipa, Demi and so on. 

Not trying to be shady btw, this is just the way the industry works for the majority and it's a known fact that the older a pop star gets, the harder it is to get played on the radio. 

Nowadays, yes. It's the shitty state the music industry is in, because it wasn't like this 10+ years ago. Cher, Madonna, Michael, Tina, the U2 and tons of other artists got huge hits well into their 30s, 40s and 50s. People these days flop because they are completely ignored by radio and streaming platforms and that is all there is to it, they don't have a chance to be successful because people don't find out about their new music.

brit4ever
1 hour ago, jaXXXon said:

According to YOU, because its reviews are better than almost any Britney album. Please always add "according to me" when you talk about the album, because it sounds like it's a general opinion that Liberation is mediocre when it is NOT. 

"imo" stands for "in my oppinion", in case you don't know........... :awkney:

Glory has the same score and Oops has a higher score, so Britney stays unbothered. :classy: 

Kimblue
2 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Isn’t the MetaScore the same as Glory?

rumours

Wow. That’s really really bad. :blink:

I actually feel really bad for her. Will it stay on the Top 200 next week, or is it projected to fall off completely?

freebit

Is anyone actually surprised? I'd be surprised if she did well consistently on her second week. There's nothing out there to sustain it - no moderately successful single, no radio play, no playlist payola. There's no way for the average person to know she's got a new album out. 

Bradley
5 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

It's not just the age of the star but the age of their career. Nicki's breakthrough was in 2010/11 so she's not even 10 years into her career. Xtina debuted in 1999 so she's been around for almost 20 years. So you can't really compare them both. 

And Beyoncé is an exception, to be honest. She's probably the only superstar who became even bigger after 20 years in the industry. 

Britney Spears managed to survive her career up until today though, whereas Christina has been judging on talent shows instead of putting out albums. And everytime she puts out one, it flops miserably.

Anyway despite the length of her career, I still think she would have been successful if she put some effort in her performances and also her music. It seems like she's lacking talent in both and that's why she's failing to appeal to the GP.

Bradley
4 hours ago, Weasel said:

Hency why I said that it goes for the majority of the industry. 

But one could still argue that even Beyonce seems to struggle to get airplay these days (or a hit). But then again, she's also an exception because she doesn't really do singles anymore. 

I don't think her goal was to release successful singles nowadays. She has cemented herself as one of the biggest superstars and she's more of an albums artist than a singles artist anyway. Touring is probably her biggest profit so that should be her focus.

Archived