đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Man of the Woods era vs Joanne era

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo
7 hours ago, Moebius said:

Lady Gaga sold 1.1m copies of Born this Way in a week. Joanne is a severe underperformance for Lady Gaga. I know how charts work.

In 2011 Joanne would have sold 1.5 million PURE sales.

you’re embarrassing yourself with your lack of chart knowledge yet persistence in commenting on them

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop
7 hours ago, Moebius said:

Lady Gaga sold 1.1m copies of Born this Way in a week. Joanne is a severe underperformance for Lady Gaga. I know how charts work.

Funny how you say you know how chart works and then compare 2011 sales to 2016 when sales has been on a decline for years and is only getting worse for each year. :air:

Moebius
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

In 2011 Joanne would have sold 1.5 million PURE sales.

you’re embarrassing yourself with your lack of chart knowledge yet persistence in commenting on them

GIRL Joanne wouldnt have been this well received in 2011 people were shitting on Gaga back then for the simplest of things. Joanne would NOT have worked if it werent for Cheek to Cheek and her countless performances to tell the GP she has talent.

Also, imagine the Little Monsters of then and their reception of an album like Joanne. Fans wouldve jumped shil in secoonds.

Its more than just numbers.

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Arturo
2 minutes ago, Moebius said:

GIRL Joanne wouldnt have been this well received in 2011 people were shitting on Gaga back then for the simplest of things. Joanne would NOT have worked if it werent for Cheek to Cheek and her countless performances to tell the GP she has talent.

Also, imagine the Little Monsters of then and their reception of an album like Joanne. Fans wouldve jumped shil in secoonds.

Its more than just numbers.

Yeah I'm done here. You don't want to accept multiple chart followers telling you that you're wrong about numbers so you start a conversation saying that the numbers don't matter. See ya.

Moebius
1 hour ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Funny how you say you know how chart works and then compare 2011 sales to 2016 when sales has been on a decline for years and is only getting worse for each year. :air:

Yes I know how charts work. Yes sales have been declining but that doesnt mean that behemoths like Gaga and Adele and Beyonce should suffer sales loss. But I cant make comments here since Lemonade is still at like 3.Xm WW. Its the age of rap and streaming. But for all the promotion of Joanne, all the performances and SB promo to amass to one #4 peaking single that dropped out of the Top 10 in seconds and 2.3m WW sales is not that great FOR GAGA. key words : FOR GAGA.

It still outsold a fuxkton of artists who hot their sales from one hit single.

And what matters in nowadays charts is hit singles on streaming services : one hit and your album is platinum. Thats bullshit.

Moebius
1 minute ago, Arturo said:

Yeah I'm done here. You don't want to accept multiple chart followers telling you that you're wrong about numbers so you start a conversation saying that the numbers don't matter. See ya.

Holy **** you cant expect an album like Joanne to sell THE EXACT SAME WAY if released by 2011s Gaga. Im done here too so bye

TheRoof
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

So people actually think Say Something is a good song?:poot:

compared to Filthy is a masterpiece  :poot:

ryanripley
Just now, MarlonBrando7 said:

compared to Fithy is a masterpiece  :poot:

i still stan Filthy :madge:

but not enough the buy the album/stream it :vegas:

we love the pirate bay :vegas:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Mr S

They are very similar, but yeah Joanne era did quite a bit better. Also better reviews, and 2 Grammy nominations. We will see if JT receives any.

MOTW had the bigger tour though even if you look at average gross.

Phlop

Tbh Joanne should’ve been released the week of Super Bowl.

1. A-YO 9/9/16 

-  video 9/11/16

2. Million Reasons 11/4/16

- video 11/18/16

3. John Wayne 1/13/17

- video 1/27/17 (week before SB)

4. Perfect Illusion (promo) 1/20/17 with pre-order

5. Joanne album 2/3/17 (Friday 2 days before SB)

6. Dancing In Circles 3/17/17

- video 4/21/17

BYE

Archived