đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Man of the Woods era vs Joanne era

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo
1 minute ago, Moebius said:

Let's just ignore the fact that his album was released like 6 months ago while Joanne is almost 2 years old. And the fact that Justin is the older act by almost a decade IIRC.

Reveal hidden contents

but talent lost either way both kinda sucked

lol

MOTW isn't selling anything anymore. Doesn't matter if they're the same age or not, I made the comparison because both eras have been done for months in terms of singles. SS was released in January before the album was released and the era has stopped being pushed by his team on radio. They're both done and this is how they ended up. It's not like Joanne's sales have looked much different since September 2017, only 11 months after its release.

The GP disagrees that Joanne sucked. That's why its Platinum. Poor the fame monster stans.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Werk

Fun fact: I remember a Little Chartster once said PI could've actually debuted at 9 if something didn't or did happened so PI and Filthy or close flops :air: 

TheRoof
1 hour ago, Werk said:

Fun fact: I remember a Little Charster once said PI could've actually debuted at 9 if something didn't or did happened so PI and Filthy or close flops :air: 

probably the little charster means that, if PI would be released one week earlier or one week after, it could have debuted at 9

Werk
2 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

probably the little charster means that, if PI would be released one week earlier or one week after, it could have debuted at 9

I believe it was definitely this!

Ziggy
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

lol

MOTW isn't selling anything anymore. Doesn't matter if they're the same age or not, I made the comparison because both eras have been done for months in terms of singles. SS was released in January before the album was released and the era has stopped being pushed by his team on radio. They're both done and this is how they ended up. It's not like Joanne's sales have looked much different since September 2017, only 11 months after its release.

The GP disagrees that Joanne sucked. That's why its Platinum. Poor the fame monster stans.

Plus let’s be real, women age out much differently than men do. JT could still sell meanwhile Gaga should not be able to by around now

Moebius
2 hours ago, Arturo said:

lol

I stan ARTPOP and Born this Way before TFM but go awf lmfaaooo

Also, if the GP thought it was such a good album it wouldve sold more than a million. But really the actual problen is that nobody cared for it cause theyre used to Gaga doing pop. This is a whole other subject im not willing to discuss rn but yeah both album are severe underperformances for their respected artists both commercially and musically just Joanne is far better and MOTW flat out flopped in comparison.

MOTW is Timberlakes Bionic. No, Lotus.

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Arturo
9 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Also, if the GP thought it was such a good album it wouldve sold more than a million. But really the actual problen is that nobody cared for it cause theyre used to Gaga doing pop. This is a whole other subject im not willing to discuss rn but yeah both album are severe underperformances for their respected artists both commercially and musically just Joanne is far better and MOTW flat out flopped in comparison.

So the GP didnt care about Khalid’s American Teen , SZA’s CTRL, Logic’s Everybody, or Imagine Dragon’s Evolve considering those are among the few other 1 million+ selling albums certified in the past year. 

The recent multi-platinum selling albums are limited to Kendrick, Ed, Taylor, and Post Malone and even then the highest they go is 3 million. I’m guessing the GP only cares about those four.

Also since you’re an ARTPOP fan, Joanne did better as an album than ARTPOP. It sold 625,000 in 2016/2017 compared to 770,000 in 2013/2014. Joanne’s PURE sales equate to over 1 million in a 2013 market.

Awrah999

MOTW is such a mediocre album and Filthy is a try-hard single not representative at all of the borrowed country aesthetic JT was going for. Not trying to shade but I find it offensive to even compare it to Joanne. 

ryanripley
48 minutes ago, Moebius said:

joanne was not a severe underperformance, it was a standard performance

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

TheRoof
2 hours ago, Moebius said:

actually the GP reaction of Joanne is even better than during her peak cause right now people  i am talking about the States , and specially exceptics) can recognice her talent  and  the album outsold a lot of mainstream or A list artists in pure sales so i wouldn't call it an underperformance :shrug:or career damage like in JT case , and if you talk about streams , well the album didn't do that well on there  ( everything considered ,still did well ,  MR is at +228m streams atm and  without TTH playlist exposure , not everybody has thatoprah14.gif) because it wasn't  it main market wich means  that people who still buy records  saw credibility enough to  purchase a copy and this coming from a pop girl known for her dance pop hits is even more impressive , talent won oprah14.gif

ArtGagaPop

Imagine still thinking Joanne was an underpeformance/flop, if that would been the case then there would been like 1-2 successful female albums only since 2016 :vegas:

DonnieDarko
3 hours ago, Moebius said:

Nah, you seem to be kinda lost.

doppelganger

Imagine if Joanne had a proper third single. The Cure did well but doesn’t contribute to any SPS numbers for Joanne. Oh well... 

Moebius
8 hours ago, ryanripley said:

joanne was not a severe underperformance, it was a standard performance

Lady Gaga sold 1.1m copies of Born this Way in a week. Joanne is a severe underperformance for Lady Gaga. I know how charts work.

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

ryanripley
2 hours ago, Moebius said:

Lady Gaga sold 1.1m copies of Born this Way in a week. Joanne is a severe underperformance for Lady Gaga. I know how charts work.

lol in 2011... in 2017 only 2 artists sold more than 1m in a week

that was her peak, everyone has a peak, that's why it's called a peak

what goes up, must come down. everything isn't either a smash or a flop, there's a middle ground and that's where joanne fits

it's not an underperformance, it's an alright performance

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived