Jump to content
A Star Is Born
politics

Leftist Obrador wins Mexican presidential election

Featured Posts

FrankGutz   Paws Up 9,072
FrankGutz
3 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

Isn't actually a leftist... 

He did a coalition with a very religious party that it's against gay marriage and legal abortion :S

Y casi todo su gavinete esta conformado por ex-Priistas, y con la PES en mayoria en camara adios a derechos para gays

4 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Im not sure but its unlikely, you could say he has the cleanest record of all mexican politicians. 

Not really, con todo su gavinete lleno de corruptos :rip:

MANDY MOORE | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR | LADY GAGA | JESSIE J

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adakam   Paws Up 2,299
Adakam
1 hour ago, FrankGutz said:

Y casi todo su gavinete esta conformado por ex-Priistas, y con la PES en mayoria en camara adios a derechos para gays

Not really, con todo su gavinete lleno de corruptos :rip:

El líder del PES se comprometió a respetar y no meterse con el matrimonio igualitario.

Y AMLO acaba de decir en su discurso de aceptación que va a apoyar y respetar a todos, sin importar entre otras cosas, las preferencias sexuales de la gente, cosa que ningun expresidente había hecho jamás.

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolfsmck   Paws Up 737
Woolfsmck

Every "revolution" in Mexico has ended up changing very little...I don't see this new prez doing very much either...

I am interested to see how he handles Trump's bs tho....

  • Like 1
like a cat in a sil, I watch life, moving&still, proceed across my face, I leave no trace.My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy   Paws Up 8,610
Economy
4 hours ago, Woolfsmck said:

Every "revolution" in Mexico has ended up changing very little...I don't see this new prez doing very much either...

I am interested to see how he handles Trump's bs tho....

And in the event that there is a revolution... sudden Left revolutions tend to just drive away investment

 

Yes it's possible to run successful socialist Nations like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark etc

 

But these Nations have by tendency been a socialist mentality and used to putting more of the Countries wealth in the hands of the Government and the Government accustomed to investing tax dollars back into economy in an efficient way with investments that pay off like Infrastructure and education etc

 

Countries that aren't socialist by nature and suddenly have a left party win seems to have them suddenly just start going trigger happy in tax the rich a lot more and micromanaging with regulations and wasting all that money in social programs that aren't real investments and the Nation isn't wealthy enough to afford yet

 

A certain degree of socialism (within reason) can work but the government has to have a competent plan to make it work otherwise a left political spectrum tends to just blow thru a tone of money and draining the private sector of productive capital that get used in unproductive government spending!

jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adakam   Paws Up 2,299
Adakam
2 hours ago, Economy said:

And in the event that there is a revolution... sudden Left revolutions tend to just drive away investment

 

Yes it's possible to run successful socialist Nations like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark etc

 

But these Nations have by tendency been a socialist mentality and used to putting more of the Countries wealth in the hands of the Government and the Government accustomed to investing tax dollars back into economy in an efficient way with investments that pay off like Infrastructure and education etc

 

Countries that aren't socialist by nature and suddenly have a left party win seems to have them suddenly just start going trigger happy in tax the rich a lot more and micromanaging with regulations and wasting all that money in social programs that aren't real investments and the Nation isn't wealthy enough to afford yet

 

A certain degree of socialism (within reason) can work but the government has to have a competent plan to make it work otherwise a left political spectrum tends to just blow thru a tone of money and draining the private sector of productive capital that get used in unproductive government spending!

You should look up his economic plan, part of it is to not raise taxes. It revolves a lot around ending corruption and cutting down the insane wages and privileges politicians in Mexico have. As well as keeping many government spendings to the lowest possible. According to him (and some official data), he should be able to save billions with these measures.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy   Paws Up 8,610
Economy
6 hours ago, Adakam said:

You should look up his economic plan, part of it is to not raise taxes. It revolves a lot around ending corruption and cutting down the insane wages and privileges politicians in Mexico have. As well as keeping many government spendings to the lowest possible. According to him (and some official data), he should be able to save billions with these measures.

That's good. Although Politician wages typically make too small a fraction of overal spending to make a huge difference though I don't know how that situation is in Mexico but I know in many Nations people tend to over-estimate how big of a difference that actually makes

 

As for keeping spending low, what kinds of spending are we talking? Because left Government by nature tends to be higher taxes for bigger Government. If it's things like less military spending for example that's always a boon. Or perhaps efficiencies in departments too

jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adakam   Paws Up 2,299
Adakam
26 minutes ago, Economy said:

That's good. Although Politician wages typically make too small a fraction of overal spending to make a huge difference though I don't know how that situation is in Mexico but I know in many Nations people tend to over-estimate how big of a difference that actually makes

 

As for keeping spending low, what kinds of spending are we talking? Because left Government by nature tends to be higher taxes for bigger Government. If it's things like less military spending for example that's always a boon. Or perhaps efficiencies in departments too

Well, while the minimum wage is less that $1500 mex pesos a month, the average deputy wins more that $150,000 pesos a month, plus benefits like a full insurance on private high level hospitals. Other officials go even higher.

Ex-presidents get more than 4 million pesos a month after their retirement.

About the spendings, he wants to do things like sell the presidential plane, use cheaper cars, etc he wants to cut all unnecessary spendings, privileges and benefits the government has.

 

Edited by Adakam

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy   Paws Up 8,610
Economy
24 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Well, while the minimum wage is less that $1500 mex pesos a month, the average deputy wins more that $150,000 pesos a month, plus benefits like a full insurance on private high level hospitals. Other officials go even higher.

Ex-presidents get more than 4 million pesos a month after their retirement.

About the spendings, he wants to do things like sell the presidential plane, use cheaper cars, etc he wants to cut all unnecessary spendings, privileges and benefits the government has.

 

Ok that's good. Bloated inefficient spending being cut never hurts

 

I don't know enough about Mexico's policies to be able to comment too much on its individual situation

 

I know here in Ontario (Canada's most populated Province) we just elected the Conservative Right Winged Government after 15 years of Liberal Rule

 

He has a similar platform in the sense of cutting spending on bloated spending on things like you mentioned but I know here it's more of a political game because I know enough about our situation to know the difference it will make for government is more like pocket change

 

Even if they save $1 Billion that's like 0.5% of operating budget. It doesn't mean it isn't worth doing but the hype suggests people are thinking things like that will save more than it actually will and it's not what's going to transform our financial problems (we were running bigger deficits than the Federal Government just a few years ago :rip:)

 

Again I don't know enough about Mexico's to say. Hopefully these things u mention will make a noticeable difference

 

In this global economy everyone wins everytime a Government of any Country or jurisdiction gets rid of waste and inefficient spending

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolfsmck   Paws Up 737
Woolfsmck

.... Mexico is very 1920's ....meaning the under world boss structure owns a large portion of the political and law enforcement....expect to see a lot of murders ... more than usual if he really does try to cut corrupted officials out.. 

like a cat in a sil, I watch life, moving&still, proceed across my face, I leave no trace.My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankGutz   Paws Up 9,072
FrankGutz
On 5/7/2018 at 4:28 AM, Economy said:

That's good. Although Politician wages typically make too small a fraction of overal spending to make a huge difference though I don't know how that situation is in Mexico but I know in many Nations people tend to over-estimate how big of a difference that actually makes

 

As for keeping spending low, what kinds of spending are we talking? Because left Government by nature tends to be higher taxes for bigger Government. If it's things like less military spending for example that's always a boon. Or perhaps efficiencies in departments too

he basically wants to give money to everybody for free with no back up plan, he has no idea what he's talking about, im just waiting the worst tbh

  • Like 1
MANDY MOORE | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR | LADY GAGA | JESSIE J

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankGutz   Paws Up 9,072
FrankGutz
On 5/7/2018 at 4:55 AM, Adakam said:

Well, while the minimum wage is less that $1500 mex pesos a month, the average deputy wins more that $150,000 pesos a month, plus benefits like a full insurance on private high level hospitals. Other officials go even higher.

Ex-presidents get more than 4 million pesos a month after their retirement.

About the spendings, he wants to do things like sell the presidential plane, use cheaper cars, etc he wants to cut all unnecessary spendings, privileges and benefits the government has.

 

lmfao, how old are you, like 10? :air:  now i know how americans who didnt vote for Trump feels

MANDY MOORE | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR | LADY GAGA | JESSIE J

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LePetitMonstr   Paws Up 20,960
LePetitMonstr

I read this as “Leftist Obrero”:deadbanana: And I was SHOOK for a while. Awww the perks of being bilingual:emma:

OT: Nada va a cambiar en Mexico para ser franco. :deadbanana:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adakam   Paws Up 2,299
Adakam
9 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

lmfao, how old are you, like 10? :air:  now i know how americans who didnt vote for Trump feels

What the hell? I only shared info about his proposals, didnt even say if i support him or not. Reported, gfy

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankGutz   Paws Up 9,072
FrankGutz
On 7/9/2018 at 7:18 AM, Adakam said:

What the hell? I only shared info about his proposals, didnt even say if i support him or not. Reported, gfy

well u reported me, so i guess that confirms u do lmfao

MANDY MOORE | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR | LADY GAGA | JESSIE J

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzilazo   Paws Up 1,240
Garzilazo

Tengamos fe en que el país irá por buen camino con este nuevo presidente, no hay que ser pesimistas :pray:

I feel like a plastic bag :'(

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
pop music