💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does "Bed"s Initial Poor Performance Spell The End?

DiscoHeaven23

Nicki's Commercial Success  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nicki's commercial success as we knew it over?

• yea
    • no

Featured Posts

I think people prefer a fun, colorful persona more than her “Bad Girl Chun Li I Am The Most Badass Rap Queen” ****. Point is Chun Li isn’t even what she portrayed.

StrawberryBlond

All female rappers inevitably fall, usually not very long into their career. Did you know that Missy Elliott and Trina are the only female rappers to be (currently) working on a sixth studio album? And Trina's been around for 18 years and Missy's been around for even longer. So, as you can see, it takes some doing to last this long in the game as a female, no matter how good you are. And just like the males, disrupting your career with stints in jail doesn't help you either. The public is also very sexist and ageist when it comes to rap females and doesn't seem to have any time for them once they hit 35, usually younger. Not unlike pop females. It's the way of the world. Nicki is now the same age the female rappers were when she mocked them for being old back in the day. It's amazing how time flies and I think she's now catching up to how quickly she's going to regret those words. I bet she never thought she'd be struggling with her fourth album less than a decade into her career but I think she's finding now that even she isn't immune. I don't think delaying the album helped her one bit either. Her fans have already been waiting since November 2014 for a new body of work. Delaying it for another 2 months is just inexcusable. I sometimes wonder if she heard through the grapevine that Bey and Jay were releasing the next week and got scared that they were going to overshadow her. Little did she know that 5SOS were going to be her real competition if she had indeed kept her original June 15th date.

MarryTheAngel

I think her transition from the her pop-centric beginnings did indeed mark somewhat of a decline. I like Nicki and her stuff but I don't think she was super successful in moving genres. Sure, the Pinkprint was a good change, and things like Lookin Ass were great, but I guess it remains to be seen if she can pull off Queen in the same way. (Remember, The Pinkprint failed to debut at #1)

Archived