πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyonce & Jay-Z officially debut at #2

Saint Hollywood

Featured Posts

KingRedd
4 hours ago, ryanripley said:

but it's this website that i see complaining about male singers sweeping all the awards and being on the charts but they're so fast to tear down beyonce just because she didn't hit number 1 :huh:Β 

So sad and true. This site is turning into something I don’t want to support.Β 

7 hours ago, JolanJoringel said:

For a fan site dedicated to a love and kindness preaching queen, there's a lot of negativity and hate around here ...Β :cryga:

It’s because people here aren’t true Gaga fans. They just love pop music and bops. They seem to could care less about the message Gaga spreads lmao... but that’s GGD for ya.

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToxicHot

I'm surprised that 5SOS beat them tbh. Congrats to them! :vegas:Β 

Also, this thread should be tagged as "Achievement"Β :huntyga:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Haroon

Congratulations to 5 Seconds of Summer :applause:

I don't see why there's any need to celebrate Beyonce & Jay-Z not hitting the top spot though, like that's just rude and negative for the sake of it really :noparty: Not every album/single/etc needs to hit the top spot and we should know better than to let the charts define things for us :SΒ They're on a kick ass tour (in my opinion) and their fans are having a whale of a time, let's not rain on people's parade out of bitterness or spitefulness or whatever :sweat:

Bey-Z's album is great, they deserve better:fthis:

π•žπ•ͺ π•“π•šπ•˜π•˜π•–π•€π•₯ π•–π•Ÿπ•–π•žπ•ͺ π•šπ•€ π•žπ•–, 𝕑𝕠𝕑 𝕒 πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ™

StrawberryBlond

I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't speak on that but I can say that I am extremely surprised at these figures. I heard about it through a phone news bulletin on holiday and am only just now researching it a week later but even then, I assumed this would be another massive first week sales for them, even if it wasn't on all platforms. Not Lemonade-level sales, not even 4:44's first week platinum sales (allegedly) but decent for the current album sales market. I can honestly say that this proves how hit and miss having Jay on board is meaning for Beyonce's career. Her fans aren't keen on him as he makes a different kind of music and cheated on her and his fans aren't here for Beyonce's music either. Rarely do you find a fan who likes them both equally. There is no doubt that this tour would have sold even better had it been a solo Beyonce deal. Having them perform together just doesn't have the same pull as it did back in 2014, before Beyonce had made it writ large that he had cheated on her. To call their album Everything Is Love is a big risk considering their relationship is playing heavy on fans minds with many questioning how real it all is, if they're just together as part of a business arrangement at this point, etc. Clearly, they didn't have the sales pull that they predicted. The pure sales are baffling when you consider that albums from artists who have had little/no hits recently and with smaller fanbases have turned out better on that front.

As for 5SOS, I really underestimated how much their fans were still here for them. They threw a lot of their appeal down the drain when they made their second, much heavier sounding pop punk album which was perhaps too much for their young fanbase. They haven't had a hit single since 2014. Their tours are hardly huge sellers either. So, to realise that they beat Bey and Jay, making them the first Australian act to score 3 #1 albums in the US is some feat. Just goes to show you can never quite breathe easy.

This is all going to be very interesting to see how Beyonce deals with this now as regards promotion in the future. Jay's selling power has also been limited with these surprise releases. Is their name recognition waning? Only time will tell. But this proves, for now at least, that the public has grown increasingly weary of surprise, exclusive releases. When everyone's doing them and some artists are doing it with every album, it becomes really predictable and monotonous. Eventually, people are going to be a lot more savvy with their money when they realise that not all these albums sound amazing and they shouldn't have just bought them on impulse due to the sudden hype and word of mouth.

10 hours ago, KingRedd said:

It’s because people here aren’t true Gaga fans. They just love pop music and bops. They seem to could care less about the message Gaga spreads lmao... but that’s GGD for ya.

The people here are definitely Gaga fans. If you read all the sections and most of the posts instead of just getting defensive over anything negative regarding BeyonceΒ  I think you'd see that.

Ziggy
On 6/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, River said:

Probably 5SOS, they have more chances to be in the nostalgia side of the brain than Beyonce..

The problem of Bey is that she's already a nostalgia because of DC.. so in some sense, people will remembr her DC era up to I Am Sasha Fierce.. this is the era where her memorial songs ends..

I think people will remember Drunk in Love and people still lose their **** over Partition, ***Flawless, Formation, and Sorry (not as much as the others), etc.Β 

River
Just now, Ziggy said:

I think people will remember Drunk in Love and people still lose their **** over Partition, ***Flawless, Formation, and Sorry (not as much as the others), etc.Β 

I don't know if someone in their 30s will know those songs (talking about a common GP person) but most likely will know Crazy In Love..

We are closing ourselves to the pop stans audience but the real challenge is outside of it.. what the GP will remember?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Ziggy
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't speak on that but I can say that I am extremely surprised at these figures. I heard about it through a phone news bulletin on holiday and am only just now researching it a week later but even then, I assumed this would be another massive first week sales for them, even if it wasn't on all platforms. Not Lemonade-level sales, not even 4:44's first week platinum sales (allegedly) but decent for the current album sales market. I can honestly say that this proves how hit and miss having Jay on board is meaning for Beyonce's career. Her fans aren't keen on him as he makes a different kind of music and cheated on her and his fans aren't here for Beyonce's music either. Rarely do you find a fan who likes them both equally. There is no doubt that this tour would have sold even better had it been a solo Beyonce deal. Having them perform together just doesn't have the same pull as it did back in 2014, before Beyonce had made it writ large that he had cheated on her. To call their album Everything Is Love is a big risk considering their relationship is playing heavy on fans minds with many questioning how real it all is, if they're just together as part of a business arrangement at this point, etc. Clearly, they didn't have the sales pull that they predicted. The pure sales are baffling when you consider that albums from artists who have had little/no hits recently and with smaller fanbases have turned out better on that front.

As for 5SOS, I really underestimated how much their fans were still here for them. They threw a lot of their appeal down the drain when they made their second, much heavier sounding pop punk album which was perhaps too much for their young fanbase. They haven't had a hit single since 2014. Their tours are hardly huge sellers either. So, to realise that they beat Bey and Jay, making them the first Australian act to score 3 #1 albums in the US is some feat. Just goes to show you can never quite breathe easy.

This is all going to be very interesting to see how Beyonce deals with this now as regards promotion in the future. Jay's selling power has also been limited with these surprise releases. Is their name recognition waning? Only time will tell. But this proves, for now at least, that the public has grown increasingly weary of surprise, exclusive releases. When everyone's doing them and some artists are doing it with every album, it becomes really predictable and monotonous. Eventually, people are going to be a lot more savvy with their money when they realise that not all these albums sound amazing and they shouldn't have just bought them on impulse due to the sudden hype and word of mouth.

I think a big part of it is just that the music itself was also something you needed more than one play to get into. Most of it doesn’t β€œbop” the way stuff on 4:44 or Lemonade doesΒ (even if they’re bopped differently). It’s mellower (apesh** aside). For Bey fans that’s a harder pill to swallow and Jay doesn’t have a ton of immediate fan pull from this release because he’s the one featured less. I personally love the album, but I can see where from a structural standpoint it is a compromise that won’t yield the huge results of the two separate works. This is still great work by them, though, getting #2

freebit
16 hours ago, ryanripley said:

but it's this website that i see complaining about male singers sweeping all the awards and being on the charts but they're so fast to tear down beyonce just because she didn't hit number 1 :huh:Β 

There's some vindictive stan bs going on in the replies, but there are many legitimate criticisms towards the Carter's/ this project in general: like Tidal cooking the books, the fact that Beyonce has turned into that person that tells you all about their SO mistreating them, but then expects you to be supportive of their relationship :saladga:; Β the flaunting and the materialism that runs rampant on this album, the hypocrisy of saying you don't care about streaming...only to show that you indeed care about streaming. I can see why people wouldn't want to root for them this time around or ignored this project altogether.Β 

GagaMariaSpears

Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed when I found out it was a collab albumΒ :awkney:

KingRedd
1 hour ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The people here are definitely Gaga fans. If you read all the sections and most of the posts instead of just getting defensive over anything negative regarding BeyonceΒ  I think you'd see that.

Oh dear lord...Β :huntyga:

People GGD trash:

1. Katy Perry

2. Beyonce

3. Taylor SwiftΒ 

4. Ed Sheeran

5. Sam Smith

6. Jay Z

7. Childish Gambino

andΒ the list goes on...

But yeah Gaga totally supports making 20 threads a day with the sole purpose of spreading hate and praying on the misfortune of others. Lmao Sounds just like our girl’s mission statement and speeches. Β :trollga:

smh you tried.Β :ohwell:

May I Read You? 😎

KingRedd
1 hour ago, River said:

I don't know if someone in their 30s will know those songs (talking about a common GP person) but most likely will know Crazy In Love..

We are closing ourselves to the pop stans audience but the real challenge is outside of it.. what the GP will remember?

The GP definitely know and will remember Formation as it was a ton of controversy on the news and not to mention the SB made it even more controversial.Β 

Sorry will be remember because of the line β€œBecky with the good hair.” 

Sort of like with Gaga, you’d think people older wouldn’t know her β€œnewer” songs but they do.Β 

May I Read You? 😎

Matangi
12 hours ago, lost in limbo said:

came back and GGD is still attacking powerful, strong women that are not Gaga since they're bigger than her.

call me when it's over

tea

QueenVQueen

If β€œ4” couldn’t stop her let’s see if this flop can...Β :bye:

Archived