💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY: Selling England by The Pound - Genesis

SolidSnake

Featured Posts

That J

Wanna add this was a FUN rate. I had a blast with this. It was nice to do something so different. I appreciate this rate and @Rumours1977 rates as well.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SolidSnake

#6 - More Fool Me - Rating 7.9

"More Fool Me" is the second of two songs, the other being "For Absent Friends" from Nursery Cryme, to feature Collins on lead vocals before he became the band's lead singer in 1975. Uncharacteristically for the group's output at the time, the song was a tender, romantic ballad. It was written quickly by Collins and Rutherford while sitting on the steps outside the recording studio. Gabriel considered the pair's contributions "quite a breakthrough"

1.jpg

Lowest Rating: @Oriane - 7

"It’s beautiful and soft. I’m not a fan of the vocals but the harmonies are good." 

Highest Rating: This one was really close but @Rumours1977 wins it by .75 points (the rest were 8's) - 8.75 

"Yay! Simplistic production and relatable lyrics – two of my favorite things. Easily my favorite track on the album thus far. My only real criticism is the lead singer’s voice, as he sometimes sounds as if he is struggling to confidently hit every note he is attempting. Nonetheless, nice song" 

That J
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

Dancing with the Moonlit Night next!

UMMM do I know you?

That's my 11. Lol

That J

One thing that needs to be mentioned...

How about the harmonies on this album?!  Ya dont hear much about harmony with Genesis but WHOA were they impressive! 

Oriane

I expected it, I like it but I knew it wouldn't be rated very high.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

That J
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

I knew my favorite would be paid dust.

@That J, I’m having a Little Green Moment :giveup:

Oh I can feel the green!!  

That J

For those not in the know..

Little Green Moment= full blown meltdown 

Oriane

My 11 was between Firth of Fifth and Dancing With the Moonlit Knight.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

rumours

Now that my fav is out (:fthis:), I’m rooting for “I Know What I Like” and “The Battle of Epping Forest”

SolidSnake

#5 - The Cinema Show - Rating 8.0

"The Cinema Show" is divided into two sections. The first section is a 12-string guitar-based piece, featuring vocal harmonies between Gabriel and Collins, as well as a short flute and oboe solo. The song concludes with a four-and-a-half-minute keyboard solo on the ARP Pro Soloist, with Rutherford and Collins playing a rhythm in a 7
8 time signature. The lyrics, written by Banks and Rutherford, draw much of their inspiration from the T. S. Eliot poem The Waste Land." 

1.jpg

Lowest Rating: @Oriane - 7 

" It sounds like it’s coming from a movie or a video game. It’s a bit more modern but it fits into the album."

Highest Rating: KING - 10 

That J

The first track and the final track were my favorites but I dont think I gave anything a score under 8....maybe there was a 7 actually.  Theres only one song i dont love.  

Archived