• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane

Maybe one of the short songs ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

SolidSnake

#8 After the Ordeal -  Rating 7.6 

"After the Ordeal" is an instrumental written by Hackett; the song originated as more of an electric piece but neither he or the other band members could adapt it into something that they felt worked, so it was transformed with an acoustic introduction with an electric guitar solo to finish. Banks and Gabriel did not want to include the song on the album, but Hackett insisted it should be kept; Banks expressed little interest in its "pseudo classical" style. It was ultimately left on after Gabriel and Banks argued about the length of "The Cinema Show", which meant everything was included as a compromise. Banks later said the compromise led to the album overrunning its desirable length on vinyl, resulting in a sound quality he thought came out as "pretty rough"." - Wikipedia. 

Lowest Rating - @Rumours1977 - 5.5 

"It's hard for me to compare an instrumental piece to others that contain vocals. For that reason, I have to give it a lower score. This was pleasant enough to listen to, but I would honestly skip it on next listen. That being said, the musicianship again is good" 

Highest Rating - @KING - 9

Genesis1.jpg

SolidSnake

#7 - Aisle of Plenty - Rating 7.75

The album closes with a segue from the end of "The Cinema Show" into "Aisle of Plenty", a reprise of "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" which gives the album a book-end effect. The track uses word play such as "Easy, love there's the safe way home" and "Thankful for her fine fair discount, Tess co-operates", referring to British supermarkets. 

x3de37b3f2de6564a2ea064ec2afe25d4_Generi

Lowest Rating: TIED @Oriane and @Rumours1977 both with a 6

"An interesting yet predictable way to end the album. This could not really be (in my opinion) viewed as a standalone track if separated from the album. That along with its short length make its score be slightly lower than it could have been" - Rumours 

"I like it but it’s too short, I would have liked a full song based on this." - Oraine 

Highest Rating:  @That J with a 10 

"10.5? Or 10 lol.  This is my other 11. I LOVE THIS SONG. Funny how the shortest song on the record strikes such a chord in me.  This is a strange one, maybe a little Sgt Pepper-esque and I love that type of stuff.  Theres just a strange magic to this song that I love. Literally a tie with track one as my eleven but I could only pick one"

That J
2 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

#7 - Aisle of Plenty - Rating 7.75

The album closes with a segue from the end of "The Cinema Show" into "Aisle of Plenty", a reprise of "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" which gives the album a book-end effect. The track uses word play such as "Easy, love there's the safe way home" and "Thankful for her fine fair discount, Tess co-operates", referring to British supermarkets. 

x3de37b3f2de6564a2ea064ec2afe25d4_Generi

Lowest Rating: TIED @Oriane and @Rumours1977 both with a 6

"An interesting yet predictable way to end the album. This could not really be (in my opinion) viewed as a standalone track if separated from the album. That along with its short length make its score be slightly lower than it could have been" - Rumours 

"I like it but it’s too short, I would have liked a full song based on this." - Oraine 

Highest Rating:  @That J with a 10 

"10.5? Or 10 lol.  This is my other 11. I LOVE THIS SONG. Funny how the shortest song on the record strikes such a chord in me.  This is a strange one, maybe a little Sgt Pepper-esque and I love that type of stuff.  Theres just a strange magic to this song that I love. Literally a tie with track one as my eleven but I could only pick one"

Wow I'm shocked!!

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
1 minute ago, SolidSnake said:

I'm honestly not surprised these were the two to go. 

I guess I'm alone in my final track adoration! Ha

That J

Well my 11 is still in so fingers crossed.  

Archived