Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Justin Bieber is this DECADE's most influencial popstar

Suspiria

Featured Posts

SolidSnake
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

But he's not my favourite lol.

I provided evidence - are you trying to tell me that the massive success of Sorry, What Do You Mean and Where Are Ü Now didn't inspire other mainstream pop acts to try that same sound? Just listen to Ed's shape of you - it's very similar Purpose's sound, and nothing like the rest of Ed's discography. He clearly just saw what was popular and made his own version.

And honestly the Despacito impact is undeniable. Are you saying your beloved Beyoncé would ever have done Mi Gente if she hadn't seen how successful Justin had been hopping on a latin track lol?

Despacito did numbers regardless of Bieber. Ive heard radio edits with his parts entirely removed. Its like contributing the success of Havana to young thug. Its laughable 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

But he's not my favourite lol.

I provided evidence - are you trying to tell me that the massive success of Sorry, What Do You Mean and Where Are Ü Now didn't inspire other mainstream pop acts to try that same sound? Just listen to Ed's shape of you - it's very similar Purpose's sound, and nothing like the rest of Ed's discography. He clearly just saw what was popular and made his own version.

And honestly the Despacito impact is undeniable. Are you saying your beloved Beyoncé would ever have done Mi Gente if she hadn't seen how successful Justin had been hopping on a latin track lol?

but SOY is a carbon copy of Cheap Thrills

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Thomas P

Well I just needed a laugh today, with exams and all :ohwell:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Suspiria
8 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

More like the people who make Bieber's music, namely DJs, are the most influential popstars.

This is true. But I guess the same could be said for like 90% of what we consider "influential" pop stars. Not even Gaga produces her own stuff - would Poker Face have been a hit without RedOne?

That J

I think of Marvin Gaye and Luther Vandross and very early Prince, later MJ....these are all sounds that are used today in (my opinion) a lesser form. That's not saying Justin's music is copycat or lazy. Two of his songs are totally my guilty pleasures. Lol. But influence needs more time and depth. Maybe one day...I just dont think hes there yet. I'd love to see him get there. :)

On the other note, Poker Face was a collab so it may have just been Po Face without Redone. Lol 

Pop music mysteries. Haha

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Babel

Of course. He elevated the standards on vocals, music videos, live performances, concerts and public appearances. 

:huntyga:

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Vegas said:

Of course. He elevated the standards on vocals, music videos, live performances, concerts and public appearances. 

That 'he' you're talking about must be Jo Calderone :sis:

Babel
3 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

That 'he' you're talking about must be Jo Calderone :sis:

Of course. Donkey Dicks only :vegas: 

Suspiria
4 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Well no, but he certainly did numbers. And that's all the motivation a lot of pop acts need to hop on a trend :ohwell:

11 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

Despacito did numbers regardless of Bieber. Ive heard radio edits with his parts entirely removed. Its like contributing the success of Havana to young thug. Its laughable 

Despacito would have never been big in the US if it weren't for Biebs tho. The song was dying and the Bieber feat made it the biggest song of the year.

underneath the pine

Suspiria
13 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

but SOY is a carbon copy of Cheap Thrills

Which was arguably sonically inspired by Purpose ;)

SolidSnake
1 minute ago, Jorget said:

Despacito would have never been big in the US if it weren't for Biebs tho. The song was dying and the Bieber feat made it the biggest song of the year.

Source on that? I cant argue because I dont know 

Suspiria
14 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

In Latin America yes. But come on, it would never have been a worldwide smash hit without him.

Archived