💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Justin Bieber is this DECADE's most influencial popstar

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Suspiria

DISCLAIMER: I don't think he invented any genres or that he did them better than anyone else. I simply think that his continued massive popularity among young people means everything with his name on it becomes a huge hit. And this motivates other pop artists to go for the same sound as him and therefore starts a trend. Therefore he is influencial.

Ok so I'm not saying he's the most creative, or the most talented or anything like that.

BUT - his influence on the pop landscape is undeniable.

Back in 2014, the 2012ish EDM phase was still just dying off. Then in 2015 Justin drops "Where Are Ü Now", followed by Purpose, filled with soft, tropical house bops produced by Bloodpop. And suddenly, that very much becomes the defining pop sound for the next few years - even our own dear Gaga hopped on that trend just last year.

In 2017, Justin then appeared on a certain, rather generic, Latin song that would go on to become one of the biggest hits in years. And what happens next? Everyone from Little Mix to Beyoncé is hopping on these Reggaetón/Latin Pop songs, thirsty for a hit. Even Kylie Minogue is doing Latin remixes of her songs! Latin rap/trap also becomes hugely popular in the US, with the likes of Bad Bunny and J Balvin becoming regular features in clubs and on the radio. The impact of Justin hopping on Despacito (let's be real, that would never have been the hit it was without him) was absolutely insane.

So whether you like him or not, you have to admit he's a powerful boy. Personally I'm kind of loving this softer electro-tropical/Latin-Reggaeton inspired sound that's still popular so I'm kind of grateful to him for it lol.

Let's hope whatever he does next is just as good :vegas:

EDIT: Ok by "Generation" I meant this new young generation of pop stars, this mid-late 2010s era of pop music. Maybe the new title makes it clearer lol? I don't know.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

No. :huntyga:

That was adorable tho.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Chromatislaps
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

lJCIUmK.gif

The number you've called is not in service, please check your number or try the call again :huntyga: 

SolidSnake

By what stretch of the imagination? If you had to pick one who is most influential it would probably be Beyonce. 

Who is he influencing other than teen girls? :flop:

No shade, but I wouldn’t consider Bieber to be influential. He was overexposed in the beginning stages of his career. He has an impact on society just like any other music artist. 

Just now, SolidSnake said:

By what stretch of the imagination? If you had to pick one who is most influential it would probably be Beyonce. 

This exactly.

That J

Influential and effect are two different things. He had effect but I wouldnt call him influential.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

I'm not sure if he's the most influential, but I can agree that he has been on the forefront of some of the biggest trends musically.

So to some extent I do think he has had an influence by bringing exposure to certain trends etc but for me I wouldn't say he's the biggest influencer :O 

Suspiria

Ok by "Generation" I meant this new young generation of pop stars, this mid-late 2010s era of pop music. Maybe the new title makes it clearer lol? I don't know.

Suspiria
2 minutes ago, That J said:

Influential and effect are two different things.  He has had effect but I wouldnt call him influential.  

But to have an effect = to influence..?

SolidSnake
5 minutes ago, KING said:

Who is he influencing other than teen girls? :flop:

No shade, but I wouldn’t consider Bieber to be influential. He was overexposed in the beginning stages of his career. He has an impact on society just like any other music artist. 

Hes another cute teen idol in a range of teen idols. Hes this generations Aaron Carter. 

monster4life231

Hell to the no.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

RochestrMonstr
2 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

Hes another cute teen idol in a range of teen idols. Hes this generations Aaron Carter. 

I don't like Bieber at all, but at least by commercial success he is miles and miles further than Aaron Carter ever got. 

If Bieber stopped in 2011, you could maybe compare the two.  He successfully became an actual adult pop-star. Aaron Carter never did that. (Ewwwww I hate that i'm defending Justin Bieber right now)

Archived