💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything is flopping this 2018

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity
25 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Y’all need to stop relying on charts to tell you what “good music” is. Go and explore different artist and genres and SUPPORT those artists. Part of the issue is how much everything is illegally downloaded. 

They are doing the exact opposite of that tho :lolly: I mean, we are talking about how in charts music nowadays is bad. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere
5 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

They are doing the exact opposite of that tho :lolly: I mean, we are talking about how in charts music nowadays is bad. 

I was referring to the people who feel like there’s no good music out there because of what’s trending on the charts. 

GypsyBabe
6 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

It makes me sad how you monsters who are 20+ had bops during your teen years but I'm 16 and have to deal with this hip hop epidemic :saladga:

I’m 29 and I had SO MANY YEARS OF BOPS.

⚯͛

PunkTheFunk

2008-2011 was an amazing time for bops but I sadly never appreciated it at the time. I was 15 and going through my "I only listen to REAL music like Vampire Weekend and Two Door Cinema Club" phase :madge: 

3 hours ago, Magneto said:

A few good arguments have already been mentioned, but I'd also like to add that the music industry has fragmented because of the internet, so everyone can decide what they wanna listen to. New iconic megastars comparable to Madonna, Britney or MJ can no longer be 'forced' onto the entire gp by just a hand full of radio- and tv-stations.

Youre right. Its as though there has been a cultural change where popular music artists just have to be and act sort of real and relatable for the public. Whereas before the top pop stars used to embrace their iconicness and their glory. Its like the stars are afraid to be huge now because of being afraid that they will then have further to fall in the case of floppage which is such a big topic for stan culture online. Its just sh*t basically. I wish Gaga would come back with LG6 in full bombastic, iconic mode where she serves us legendary visuals, performances, outfits, speeches, drama and iconic moments etc. Iconic moments in pop are definitely getting fewer and further between!

35 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

2008-2011 was an amazing time for bops but I sadly never appreciated it at the time. I was 15 and going through my "I only listen to REAL music like Vampire Weekend and Two Door Cinema Club" phase :madge: 

2008-2011 i was going through my bands phase as well. But when the BTW era started i really began to appreciate her then. 

Henri Bardot
6 hours ago, Frivolero said:

SAME. Literally every day in school they still play Gucci gang :saladga:

I wish I could have grown up with gaga more. 

in mine they still play mi gente and despacito 

when they have a little bit more of gray matter, they put i like it but thats it

pooiota

1 hour ago, JudasJustDance said:

Okay :saladga:I was 5 when PF , BR etc. we’re at there prime ... God I wish I was atleast 10 when they were released . Granted ,most of her hits I knew at that time(BR . PF etc) but ARTPOP was on the radio a lot , bopped to that.

It was just such a crazy time in 2009, 2010 here in the uk, britain was in the middle of a bad recession, ppl were depressed on the whole here and Gaga was so big, she was probably bigger in the uk than anywhere else in the world in the opening years of her career. I went to america a few times in 09 and 10 and gaga was big there dont get me wrong but she was so polarizing here. Like Just Dance, Poker Face, Lovegame, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro and remixes of her songs were constantly on the radio, you couldnt listen to the radio for more than like 30 minutes without hearing at least 1 gaga song. Ive never known anything like it she was inescapable. I wish i embraced it more at the time 

Henri Bardot
6 hours ago, Skrill said:

inb4 OMG FEMALES ARE SO DISCRIMINATED IN 2018'S POP MUSIC CAUSE THEY ARENT CHARTING OMG OMG OMG

well nothing good has been released 

eapyVmk.gif?noredirect

pooiota

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, UK Monster said:

It was just such a crazy time in 2009, 2010 here in the uk, britain was in the middle of a bad recession, ppl were depressed on the whole here and Gaga was so big, she was probably bigger in the uk than anywhere else in the world in the opening years of her career. I went to america a few times in 09 and 10 and gaga was big there dont get me wrong but she was so polarizing here. Like Just Dance, Poker Face, Lovegame, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro and remixes of her songs were constantly on the radio, you couldnt listen to the radio for more than like 30 minutes without hearing at least 1 gaga song. Ive never known anything like it she was inescapable. I wish i embraced it more at the time 

2009 and 2010 were the happiest years of my life

pros of being 7/8 in 2009/2010 loool:vegas::vegas:

SFDMQ

it's a big year for KPOP tho. BTS and BLACKPINK got over 30 mil views on YT in less than 24 hours.
but you guys dont like KPOP so DUkeD9RW4AAfWrV.jpg

Good thing is, we won’t see stans fighting anymore about whos selling more, since their faves are all flopping :vegas:

Also, I think that with all these beating records in sales thing, the bar was set SO high, that now anything that does’t at least come close is considered a flop, so :shrug:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Miss Cherry

I put it down to the impact of streaming. It's absurd to me that every song on a  new album can chart if it gets enough streams. That's why we are seeing the bizarre case where drake can have 14 songs in the hot 100 and then billboard says he is up there with Michael Jackson and Madonna which is just untrue. They have changed the rules so much in the last ten years that the charts have lost all meaning for me.

kaelergrey
27 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Good thing is, we won’t see stans fighting anymore about whos selling more, since their faves are all flopping :vegas:

LMAO :selena:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Archived