💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything is flopping this 2018

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

HaveAnOysterBBy

It’s also kinda weird/surprising not hearing Katy Perry on the radio anymore. She has always dominated 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagarox

the latin trend is over and no big pop hits rn... artists are also shunning music videos

RAMROD
Just now, HaveAnOysterBBy said:

It’s also kinda weird/surprising not hearing Katy Perry on the radio anymore. She has always dominated 

It's a breath of fresh air tbh :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

On 6/20/2018 at 4:51 PM, Killa said:

A saviour always appears when all seems lost:vegas:

God knows his stuff. :vegas:

There is a savior already, her name is FKA twigs :vegas: Just needs more exposure :vegas:

Battle 4 Ur Life

jeez this thread is still going...

who cares?

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Suspiria
2 hours ago, Notget said:

There is a savior already, her name is FKA twigs :vegas: Just needs more exposure :vegas:

Well yeah, but she also needs to actually release something. M3LL155X came out in 2015!!

Killa
3 hours ago, Notget said:

You is messy:trollga:

Stop hopinh on false gods:trollga:

LOVE JUNKIE

I have a conspiracy theory that major labels want artists to flop. Maybe other people have talked about this or y'all already know but hear me out...

Spoiler

If an artist is new to the industry they are more willing to let the label control everything they do. That means they're more open to doing sponsorships and product placement. Also more willing to make generic music that will appeal to a mass audience. That in turn means that the label can make more money off of them :oops:

BUT the more successful they become they get smarter/more savvy and have more leverage to ask for more freedom/creative control from the label and refuse to promote **** they don't want to promote :fthis:

If we use Gaga as an example... The Fame was very "radio friendly" (ok at least the singles :saladga:) and she was constantly doing brand integration/paid promo/sponsorship deals/product placement/interviews etc. That continued into TFM :firega:. Cut to BTW. Not as much pushing products, less "radio friendly"/mainstream and more creative control for Gaga. This was sort of the "sweet spot" :huntyga: Label was still making decent money and Gaga had a sense of power and agency over her work + wasn't doing as much **** she didn't want to do.

Then comes ARTPOP. Gaga has more control than ever. The album performs decently but the media paints it out to be a flop. Her label/team doesn't properly help her to promote it. The rollout of singles totally falls apart. G.U.Y. is DOA etc. :bye: Sure ARTPOP was a bit out there for the mainstream but for it to be handled in such a messy way is just bizarre. Don't you think a label would do more to help save the endangered career of one of their biggest artists rather than let them flounder and fall from grace?

and (as I'm sure we all know) Gaga isn't the only one this has happened to

It happened to :bon:  with Witness, Kesha with Rainbow, Taylor with Reputation etc. and I can sense it happening to Ariana with Sweetener (No Tears Left to Cry feels like her Applause/LWYMMD/Chained to the Rhythm/Praying. Lead single after long break that doesn't really fit into mainstream sound, makes a big splash but is forgotten pretty quickly + no follow up hit ready to go.)

Plus I feel like it's happening faster and faster these days. A label can make someone a star overnight and then take it all away after an album or two. (Anyone remember Iggy Azalea? :ladyhaha: her label ended her career before it even had a chance to begin.) I feel like this has probably been happening forever but is just more apparent (at least to me) now.

And you can brush this all off as people not wanting to hear "female pop" anymore but it also happened to the Chainsmokers, Zayn (and all the 1D members) also Shawn Mendes (I think he's on his fourth flop single in a row rn? idfk) also Sam Smith? where he go? and I'm sure there's others. Plus it seems like it could be happening to Nicki (Chun-Li hit 10 on the charts in its first full week then started slipping. Barbie Tingz didn't connect. I don't think Rich Sex or BED will either. Big Bank might do well but she's only featured.) I'm sure the same will happen to Cardi, Camila and :selena:  soon enough (probably why SG's just putting out singles and avoiding dropping an album). Everyone thought Katy and Taylor were too big to fail and look what happened there.

The major labels can make money from a revolving door of (naive) new faces and keep former big artists stifled on the bench while collecting checks from their shrinking fan bases who still buy concert tickets :messga:

TL;DR: WE'RE ALL FUKT

lbh i need sleep :laughga:

on a three day bender

MaybeKermit
5 hours ago, Notget said:

YAAAASSSS

culturalbaptism

That's why I don't care about charts.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Archived