💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AT&T officially merged with Time Warner

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

It happened last week, but seems nobody talking about it? :oprah:

HBO, CNN, WARNER Brothers, DC Comics, and the rest of the Time Warner empire will soon be owned by AT&T, thanks to a decision by a federal judge Tuesday to approve the telecommunications giant's $85 billion purchase of the media conglomerate. And it gets a new name: WARNER MEDIA.

The deal will unite the nation’s second-largest mobile phone provider, third-largest home broadband provider, and second-largest pay-TV provider with a deep well of content, including Turner Broadcasting, which owns rights to basketball’s March Madness, plus NBA and major-league baseball playoffs. Opponents of the deal said it will further consolidate the nation’s telecommunications and media landscape, leading to higher prices and fewer choices for consumers.

The deal raises questions whether AT&T might reserve some of Time Warner's content for its own services. When Comcast acquired NBC Universal in 2011, the company was subjected to a number of conditions as part of an agreement with the DOJ and the Federal Communications Commission, including a requirement that Comcast license NBC content to rivals, agree to arbitration in the event of licensing fee disagreements, and follow the principles of net neutrality.

It's important to understand just why this merger has happened. The entertainment industry is currently undergoing a seismic change, and companies believe they need two things in order to compete; an archive of quality content, and a strong, national (preferably global) digital distribution network. In the case of the AT&T-Time Warner merger, AT&T has the network, and Time Warner has a massive content library including some classic franchises.

But what does this means for movie goers??

Well, as the new owner, AT&T will be able to reboot, and cancelled movies. Also, many experts thinking that AT&T doing this because they wanted the streaming service, since Warner own a part of HULU. And they can raise prices all they want. And they can also cancelled all movies that is just not selling (minds quickly thinking over the DCFU), and if they decides to keep it going, there will be lots of staff replacement, many many unemployment about to happen.

Sources: 

https://www.wired.com/story/the-atandt-time-warner-merger-is-a-done-deal-now-what/

https://screenrant.com/att-buys-time-warner-movie-franchises/

Y'all, let's be grateful that ASIB is releasing this year, cos after this year, AT&T will be gradually in full control of Warner Bros, except for some projects that had been filmed like the final season of GOT. They can always do ASIB dirty if only it was releasing next year. Truth be told, I do not trust in phone providers for handling showbiz so much. :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
Just now, Reginald said:

These huge mergers are concerning.. 

Another one is coming up soon :sis: I am more excited for that one tho, for personal reasons :poot: (It's Disney-Fox, with Comcast tailing Disney, I don't want Comcast to win tho, their internet are terrible and their costumer service sucks, so they will not do all the Fox catalog justice)

River

Damn that's disturbing, a cellphone carrier will now act like the art police :saladga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

GAGASLAYME

Does  Net Neutrality have a role in this?

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

River

I hope they won't f-ck up HBO and censor it or give it less budget

RAMROD
Just now, River said:

I hope they won't f-ck up HBO and censor it or give it less budget

Yeah, another issue with this merger :diane:

RAMROD
Just now, GAGASLAYME said:

Does  Net Neutrality have a role in this?

For the merger, no. It happened few years ago but only approved last week by the court, as it had been challenged by anti trust.

River
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Yeah, another issue with this merger :diane:

and like they probably know one villain in DC and it's the Joker :huntyga:

MarryTheAngel

DISGUSTING. The government should've done the opposite: break them both into pieces. Disney should be targeted above all.

Archived