💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lady Gaga Featured on Pitchfork's 50 Songs That Define LGBTQ+ Pride

bowie1986

Featured Posts

bowie1986

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/50-songs-that-define-the-last-50-years-of-lgbtq-pride/

"Born This Way (2011): Four years before gay marriage became legal across the United States, Lady Gaga put out her most unabashed LGBTQ+ anthem. She had cultivated a queer fan base since 2008’s “Let’s Dance,” and even hinted that 2008’s “Poker Face” was about her own bisexuality, but “Born This Way” cut out the subtlety: This was a dance-pop banger about how every queer kid on Earth was born perfect. The stomping four-on-the-floor beat and triumphant hook make “Born This Way” an irresistible, adrenalizing ride, and Gaga’s snarling vocals add some high camp flair. By 2011, Pride had already become a high profile affair, but no other star had instructed their massive fan base to “just be a queen” in a No. 1 hit, nor had anyone this big in pop explicitly proclaimed that queer people were not a curse upon the Earth but a blessing. Gaga was at the peak of her powers, and she used the moment to preach the gospel of Mother Monster: The gayer you are, the closer to God.
–Sasha Geffen"

Take a look at this playlist! Some other artists featured include David Bowie, Madonna, Janelle Monáe, Frank Ocean, Tegan and Sara, Perfume Genius, Diana Ross, etc... Good ShxT! Playlist on Spotify! Couldn't fit it in the title, but it spans for the last 50 years. 

Vitleysingur
9 minutes ago, bowie1986 said:

...She had cultivated a queer fan base since 2008’s “Let’s Dance,”...

:selena:

And here we go AGAIN.

"...That the hit song simultaneously laid out a musical blueprint for Lady Gaga’s unabashed LGBTQ+ anthem “Born This Way,” 22 years later, is the deliciously reductive cherry on top. "  Madonna - Express Yourself (1989)

:fthis:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Vitleysingur
1 minute ago, bowie1986 said:

OMG I'm dead, didn't even notice

I bet the writer is a Bowie fan.:vegas:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

LGMonster95

My life is a lie, I thought "Let's Dance" was called Just Dance this whole time, f*ck my life, goodbye everyone

The Bling

Queen of spreading homosexuality all around the world

Qy9BeWQ.gif

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Guillaume Hamon

It was very "unabashed" indeed and it was new.

So many diva were doing some discreet gay ass-kissing in gay magazines every time they had a new album coming out but were never actually taking the risk to disappoint the conservative part of their fanbase.

Gaga made it extra clear for the world and if you didn't like it then...:fthis:

truthteller

"Let's Dance"

Mandela effect? 

Lemme make a video about it and become a full time youtuber.

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, The Bling said:

Queen of spreading homosexuality all around the world

Qy9BeWQ.gif

Now that's what I call a flaming homosexual

Archived