Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

One Year Of Melodrama

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

YAAAAAASS!!! An absolutely brilliant album filled with some of the most consistently deep lyrics I've seen in pop music, home of the party smash Green Light that deserved better, an awesome party song in Sober, an awesome party song that was made even more awesome by a dope remix, it had The Louvre, an amazing album cut with the best instrumental break I'd ever heard until I got to Hard Feelings/Loveless, the two sisters that are a beautiful lesbian couple, the heartbreaking Liability with some amazing metaphors and simple yet effective instrumental, which was even more obvious after Tove Styrke released a pop demo of it. Sober II, with its amazing ever-so-slightly-trap-influenced beat, one of my faves from the album. Writer In The Dark, the vocals of which I STILL GET CHILLS TO THIS DAY, the wistful bop that is Supercut with a weird af but interestingly dark Run the Jewels remix, the Liability Reprise which is bashed but deserves better, Perfect Places which for me is the only meh song on the album but I still sing and dance emphatically every time it plays on the radio. Such an amazing record, enforced even more by the songwriting credits which I saw on the record. It shows she is a true writing talent and doesn't pay other people to write fake, shallow trash for her (Sia is quaking in Beyoncé's basement), and with another showcase of Jack Antonoff's production talent otherwise displayed on St. Vincent's MASSEDUCTION,  his dope band Bleachers and his work with Troye Sivan. Happy Birthday to one of the world's best albums, y'all need to buy and stream. Pray for deluxe edition with Precious Metals and more!! Praise be the Lorde forever and ever!! :sara:

Pop Music

Such a gorgeous album. So cohesive and amazing. Supercut is everything and is my favorite song from her ever. I went to the tour and it was a night full of love and dancing my heart out. I need precious metals studio version asap. Amazingly crafted pop alternative era. Should have won AOTY 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

5 minutes ago, GaGaSwift said:

Such a gorgeous album. So cohesive and amazing. Supercut is everything and is my favorite song from her ever. I went to the tour and it was a night full of love and dancing my heart out. I need precious metals studio version asap. Amazingly crafted pop alternative era. Should have won AOTY 

Ugh I so regret not going to the tour. I was tight for cash but I now think it would have been absolutely worth it. Ah well, I live five minutes from her childhood home so I'm sure she'll come perform again :huntyga:  Even tho it won't be Melodrama I'm sure it'll be even better cos that's how Lorde seems to do things. :tony:

Anderson123

Oh man so much to say about this album, I can't believe it's been one year already, that means I've listened to it 365 times, probably more. I never really thought I'd feel this way about an album but just like with Born This Way, it exceeded my expectations. This is one of my favorites of all time.

Music

i believe, some of pop music's best lyrics and melodies in a very long time, if not ever.
what a fantastic album. still such a journey listening to the album from top to bottom.

very proud of her and watching her only become bigger.

iCpro

Simply one of the greatest albums of all time. It makes me so proud to see a fellow New Zealander doing so well and making something as amazing as this :diane::diane::diane:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

overrated

is exactly not what it is :oops:

anyways OT: i didn't like lorde at all until i heard this album but i could just tell that this was that album on my first listen and i love it so much

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RickMonster98

What a GREAT album. They shoud have pushed the singles more tho, "Supercut" had SO much potential :saladga:

ItsTommyBitch

I hadn't listened in probably like 3 or 4 months tbh till this thread. WOW I FORGOT HOW AMAZING THIS ALBUM WAS :applause:

Sorry Lana, LFL did not last compared to this, how wrong I was (I still love LFL don't get me wrong)

How intimate and beautiful and atmospheric and amazing :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Xoxo Adriana

Thats one year of still not knowing what that is

giphy.gif

Archived