Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Mark Nilan says Gaga music coming this year

Scathach

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Yeah Ok. I’ll believe it when it’s out on iTunes because we know that with Gaga, anything can happen. 

I would not be surprised if it comes out on December 31st and he’s gonna be like “told ya, this year!”. :trollga:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
janetjackson
20 hours ago, Jeremy Kosinski said:

Hate to break it but usually soundtracks dont have singles, release a promo for hype is about it then the collection as a whole and the movie does the promo not single releases, if popularity grows then more songs may get released to radio we will probably get 1 song released a week or two before the movie but again not saying lg6 is coming this year but other music than just asib songs most certainly are. 

Lol what?

Any music-centered movie is going to have a few singles released. And nearly every film, even if it isn't a music-based movie, will have a single or two or three or four or five...

Let's have a history lesson!

1977 Saturday Night Fever: How Deep Is Your Love, Staying Alive, If I Can't Have You, Fever Night

1978 Grease: Grease, You're the One That I Want, Summer Nights, Hopelessly Devoted to You

1984 Footloose: Footloose, Let's Hear It For The Boy, Holding Out For A Hero, Almost Paradise

1984 Purple Rain: When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, Purple Rain, I Would Die 4 U

1986 Top Gun: Danger Zone, Take My Breath Away

1992 The Bodyguard: I Will Always Love You, I'm Every Woman, I Have Nothing, Run To You, Queen of the Night

1996 Space Jam: Fly Like An Eagle, I Believe I Can Fly, Space Jam, For You I Will, I Turn To You

2002 8th Mile: Lose Yourself, Wanksta, 8th Mile

2015 Fifty Shades of Grey: Earned It, Love Me Like You Do, Crazy In Love Remix

2018 Black Panther: All The Stars, King's Dead, Pray for Me

:lana:

gagarox

there should be a good amount of space b/w LG6 and ASIB... and i hope there are not more than 1 single from asib era... she needs to focus on her massive comebeack pop album

Jeremy Kosinski
On 6/19/2018 at 7:11 PM, janetjackson said:

Lol what?

Any music-centered movie is going to have a few singles released. And nearly every film, even if it isn't a music-based movie, will have a single or two or three or four or five...

Let's have a history lesson!

1977 Saturday Night Fever: How Deep Is Your Love, Staying Alive, If I Can't Have You, Fever Night

1978 Grease: Grease, You're the One That I Want, Summer Nights, Hopelessly Devoted to You

1984 Footloose: Footloose, Let's Hear It For The Boy, Holding Out For A Hero, Almost Paradise

1984 Purple Rain: When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, Purple Rain, I Would Die 4 U

1986 Top Gun: Danger Zone, Take My Breath Away

1992 The Bodyguard: I Will Always Love You, I'm Every Woman, I Have Nothing, Run To You, Queen of the Night

1996 Space Jam: Fly Like An Eagle, I Believe I Can Fly, Space Jam, For You I Will, I Turn To You

2002 8th Mile: Lose Yourself, Wanksta, 8th Mile

2015 Fifty Shades of Grey: Earned It, Love Me Like You Do, Crazy In Love Remix

2018 Black Panther: All The Stars, King's Dead, Pray for Me

:lana:

Yeah songs are released as songs to radio if they are blockbuster movie franchises like black panther and 50 shades and even other movies if they think doing so will promote the movie but usually they don't promote these as traditional singles as we know them in music industry sense, no music video except for scenes from the movie edited together sometimes ft the artist sometimes not, this is a movie about music...not a musical  (grease sat night fever etc) there is a huge difference...my point is there probably will be just one song released ahead of the soundtrack...then the soundtrack as a whole...if it is successful and the movie is as well they will pay more attention to it and thats when songs will be released individually...if more than one song is released prior to the soundtrack as a whole then that will be gagas doing and her throwing us a gift because I am telling you this is how it usually goes... you mentioned 50 shades and I remember multiple songs being released prior but tht was only cuz **** had leaked or was about to and the studio didn't want to lose profit but the songs you listed were the lead, one song, released prior to the soundtrack that got promotion... now 8 mile I'm sorry I don't remember for sure,  but i was an em fan and I saw the movie and have the soundtrack but loose yourself is the only song i remember being promoted and well the bodyguard promoted i will always love you prior to the movie the other songs were popular after ppl had seen the movie and cuz it was Whitney requested them so much they released unused footage of full performances done for filming and what whit wanted different she paid to have it done the way she wanted and the studio let her and loved it cuz both were insane hits for clive davis and for the picture studio... you misunderstood what I said I apologize,  i really meant traditional singles as we are used to with promo and mv and radio release , the first song released will probably be the only one promoted with mv or tbh cuz it's an ally song my guess gaga & Bradley will be the mv, and will be sent to radio...the rest will be based on IF/happen AFTER the money comes in.... I'm a film student and when i was taking classes one of the classes they made us take regardless of if we were there for acting, screenwriting,  production,  etc, was marketing 1 and promotions 1 they told us if you wanted to make it in the industry you had to know at least the basics of how the industry works and you aren't wrong about any of your facts, however that wasn't the case of those being singles they're called stand alones (with maybe exception of the 50shades & bp but those aren't typical) which means they became their own gold, they stood as a song that you could hear on the radio and not always be associating with the actual movie itself.... idk about you but it wouldn't have been a Whitney show after 93 without expecting to hear i have nothing... it became a whit song and not just a bodyguard song. Which is what I am hoping for with asib. You could have said what you said about prince &purple rain about pink floyd & the wall too... the difference is,  the wall was a visual album tht somehow blew up the box office and was released as a pink floyd album as opposed to a soundtrack...now purple rain was a movie but wasn't really a soundtrack rather a prince album. Which tbh the best songs of his career came off that album... only time will tell but I'm just speaking on what i was taught and in a really broad sense. I only posted that comment about singles because i see a lot of ppl on here heading for major let downs cuz this isn't a gaga album it's a soundtrack...and they are expecting it to be promoted as a gaga album, they expect music vids and multiple promo singles...it 80% probably won't happen anywhere near that way. Thanks for calling me out and actually posting the facts and receipts that was appreciative to be having a convo with an educated human for once. Again I am only speaking on what I was taught in those classes so I don't necessarily have receipts but again I am also not saying you were wrong... just off on timeline-ing🤔 I'm not sure the right way to say what I'm thinking lol

The Z
2 minutes ago, Jeremy Kosinski said:

Yeah songs are released as songs to radio if they are blockbuster movie franchises like black panther and 50 shades and even other movies if they think doing so will promote the movie but usually they don't promote these as traditional singles as we know them in music industry sense, no music video except for scenes from the movie edited together sometimes ft the artist sometimes not, this is a movie about music...not a musical  (grease sat night fever etc) there is a huge difference...my point is there probably will be just one song released ahead of the soundtrack...then the soundtrack as a whole...if it is successful and the movie is as well they will pay more attention to it and thats when songs will be released individually...if more than one song is released prior to the soundtrack as a whole then that will be gagas doing and her throwing us a gift because I am telling you this is how it usually goes... you mentioned 50 shades and I remember multiple songs being released prior but tht was only cuz **** had leaked or was about to and the studio didn't want to lose profit but the songs you listed were the lead, one song, released prior to the soundtrack that got promotion... now 8 mile I'm sorry I don't remember for sure,  but i was an em fan and I saw the movie and have the soundtrack but loose yourself is the only song i remember being promoted and well the bodyguard promoted i will always love you prior to the movie the other songs were popular after ppl had seen the movie and cuz it was Whitney requested them so much they released unused footage of full performances done for filming and what whit wanted different she paid to have it done the way she wanted and the studio let her and loved it cuz both were insane hits for clive davis and for the picture studio... you misunderstood what I said I apologize,  i really meant traditional singles as we are used to with promo and mv and radio release , the first song released will probably be the only one promoted with mv or tbh cuz it's an ally song my guess gaga & Bradley will be the mv, and will be sent to radio...the rest will be based on IF/happen AFTER the money comes in.... I'm a film student and when i was taking classes one of the classes they made us take regardless of if we were there for acting, screenwriting,  production,  etc, was marketing 1 and promotions 1 they told us if you wanted to make it in the industry you had to know at least the basics of how the industry works and you aren't wrong about any of your facts, however that wasn't the case of those being singles they're called stand alones (with maybe exception of the 50shades & bp but those aren't typical) which means they became their own gold, they stood as a song that you could hear on the radio and not always be associating with the actual movie itself.... idk about you but it wouldn't have been a Whitney show after 93 without expecting to hear i have nothing... it became a whit song and not just a bodyguard song. Which is what I am hoping for with asib. You could have said what you said about prince &purple rain about pink floyd & the wall too... the difference is,  the wall was a visual album tht somehow blew up the box office and was released as a pink floyd album as opposed to a soundtrack...now purple rain was a movie but wasn't really a soundtrack rather a prince album. Which tbh the best songs of his career came off that album... only time will tell but I'm just speaking on what i was taught and in a really broad sense. I only posted that comment about singles because i see a lot of ppl on here heading for major let downs cuz this isn't a gaga album it's a soundtrack...and they are expecting it to be promoted as a gaga album, they expect music vids and multiple promo singles...it 80% probably won't happen anywhere near that way. Thanks for calling me out and actually posting the facts and receipts that was appreciative to be having a convo with an educated human for once. Again I am only speaking on what I was taught in those classes so I don't necessarily have receipts but again I am also not saying you were wrong... just off on timeline-ing🤔 I'm not sure the right way to say what I'm thinking lol

I really want to read your comment, but man:wtfga:

Jeremy Kosinski
12 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Lol it's ok. I'm an aries i don't like when someone tells me I'm wrong without me being able to rebuttal 😂 i like discussion i like debate but so many people here either get offended or offensive so it was nice to have someone come at me without being rude or cunty about it. I got overly excited i guess 😂

janetjackson
7 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

I'm with you. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Kosinski said:

Lol it's ok. I'm an aries i don't like when someone tells me I'm wrong without me being able to rebuttal 😂 i like discussion i like debate but so many people here either get offended or offensive so it was nice to have someone come at me without being rude or cunty about it. I got overly excited i guess 😂

I'm not offended at all. I work in the movie music industry and speak from a place of experience. Hopefully the facts helped you reconsider.

Archived