Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Hereditary Rant!

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

TropicOfCANCER
6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

yes, that's one thing that had me really confused and it actually threw me off path in thinking that it was somebody's imagination, because there wasn't even talk of the police investigating the accident. I guess they wanted to focus on the main story, and not have any distractions, but they could have at least mentioned that the police is aware of what happened.

right? like, i assume (regardless of whether or not his own parents would press charges) that there would be an investigation which would find him in contempt of SPOILER:

driving under the influence and also of involuntary manslaughter???

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser
2 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

right? like, i assume (regardless of whether or not his own parents would press charges) that there would be an investigation which would find him in contempt of SPOILER:

driving under the influence and also of involuntary manslaughter???

yes, there would definitely be some legal consequences... I understand that the possible scene with the police etc would have been unnecessary and irrelevant for the continuation of the story, but I definitely think they should have at least mentioned something in one sentence.... this way, it lead me to believe at first that this was all in somebody's imagination

Kulture Kiari

My brother and I drank a 12 pack of beer before watching the movie, hoping it would increase the horror. Yeah, no. We left halfway through the film. 

TropicOfCANCER
29 minutes ago, RubberHeartt said:

My brother and I drank a 12 pack of beer before watching the movie, hoping it would increase the horror. Yeah, no. We left halfway through the film. 

Why do people in 2018 not understand that the horror genre is so much more than just trying to scare audiences? There's a whole range of emotional responses to horror films that well exceeds making one feel fear.

You didn't feel disgust when the girls head was decapitated?

You didn't feel sympathy when Annie was grieving over her daughter's death?

You didn't feel suspicion or curiosity over the mother's connection to the demonic cult?

You didn't feel any sense of suspense as the movie unfolded?

Did you feel anything? 

Another rant I have: people dismiss horror movies simply because they found that they laughed during the film (thus believing this proves that the movie wasn't "scary")  - How? Horror movies as an entire experience should provoke laughter b/c there is a certain suspension of belief required to enjoy the movie. More often than not, audiences are asked to believe that which is not realistic. Further, there's a little thing called the "grotesque:" that being something which makes us simultaneously disgusted and amused.

It's just so odd to me that people write off horror movies simply because they don't make them feel conventional/base-level fear. Open your minds, people. Also, i'm not picking on you, but i'm sick of people writing off horror movies simply because they weren't "scary." The entire merit of a horror movie should not be based on this one factor. 

Steven Williamson
1 hour ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Why do people in 2018 not understand that the horror genre is so much more than just trying to scare audiences? There's a whole range of emotional responses to horror films that well exceeds making one feel fear.

You didn't feel suspicion or curiosity over the mother's connection to the demonic cult?

Did you feel anything? 

Another rant I have: people dismiss horror movies simply because they found that they laughed during the film (thus believing this proves that the movie wasn't "scary")  - How? Horror movies as an entire experience should provoke laughter b/c there is a certain suspension of belief required to enjoy the movie. More often than not, audiences are asked to believe that which is not realistic. Further, there's a little thing called the "grotesque:" that being something which makes us simultaneously disgusted and amused.

It's just so odd to me that people write off horror movies simply because they don't make them feel conventional/base-level fear. Open your minds, people. Also, i'm not picking on you, but i'm sick of people writing off horror movies simply because they weren't "scary." The entire merit of a horror movie should not be based on this one factor. 

THIS!

I was so disappointed with my viewing because people were laughing at the end.

I can’t deal with the immaturity of people laughing at naked people or SFX.

This film is thoroughly gripping and it’s a rollercoaster of dread, suspense, and trauma from the beginning to the end credits.

The third act of the film doesn’t sit right with me as I think it ventured into cliche territory but the whole direction and performances are what make this film.

Brolysskins
On 6/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, August Blue said:

I WATCHED IT :cryga: 

And omg I loved the whole movie I was so surprised with how it developed, the trailer made me think something else. 

But the end.... omg should we even talk about it? :cryga: 

lol the ending had me like W T F

• 3 weeks later...
bionic

loved the ending... it was kind of cheerful but totally unsettling

buy bionic

LordEnigma
On 6/23/2018 at 1:28 PM, TropicOfCANCER said:

Did you feel anything? 

I’m all open to different types of horror but this movie didn’t move me in anyway.

Can people just not like a movie?

brizoda

Is a satanic movie at the end, this was the thing that disgusted me about the film

Archived